Increase money rolling or bring 2.0

Billionaire

Question

hi, I am not happy with the current money supply in SAES.

Many years back people used to have money and they used to roll its trading properties which were a very great part of the fun in the server.

Now buying and selling properties have gone down and people are stuck with their assets.
This stopped due to changes in the money supply and when it was decided to stop inflation.

But this control of inflation has made the property market come to a stall and the volume of trading properties has gone down drastically.

It was also said that 2.0 will come and everyone's money will be zero.
But its not coming and we have no news of it.

I say we either bring 2.0 or increase the supply of money in the server so that we can have fun trade properties and make our money work for us.

This will increase the money supply in the market, increase the volume of trade and businesses as well as an increase in sponsored events.

• Answers 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The resert is being worked on but lots of stuff need redone
Incomes
Props values
that requires to rewrite every income , edit all the icons and each job will need o be tested for a few hours to get averages and make it balanced and as you know saes dosent have 3000 scripts and the few already have lots of work so this is not something that can be done overnight as bone said its being worked on have some pacience

@Ghost722nd said in Increase money rolling or bring 2.0:

Like @Bone already said pumping more money into an already damaged system would just increase the problem! Take properties as an example; normal houses which costs ~250k get sold for millions.

The real problem is that players don't have enough ways to spend their money for. We need more "money drains" which make sense. For instance furniture/stuff for owned interiors just to throw an idea into.

Ghost722nd has a nice point here. People continually earn money therefore amount of the money owned by players grows in parallel. This is not the problem.

Problem is, when you fail to spend the money. Not being able to spend money much as you earn causes inflation, makes the in-game money worthless as long as you don't have hundred millions. Solution is hidden in the words he used; "money drains" .

Problem is easy to identify, so we must focus on the solution. And I think we should produce some extra ways to spend money.

And about the suggestion of resetting the money, it will not work in long term. Plus it is just an easy way to delay the problem. Also it can withdraw harsh reaction from players. Personally, I'd not like my money to be resetted and I think most would agree with me.

"Money Drains" is the keyword folks!

Resetting only makes sense after the underlying problems with economy have been fixed, or else just like bone said when you pump more money into an already damaged system, this (resetting) will also work out negatively.

To fix the system, Bone and others were already working on getting a concept for civilian jobs and criminal pay-outs, in addition to inventing new money drains (reasons to let the cash flow).
But we gotta be patient because that's a very delicate task.. economy plays a big role in proper RPG (yes, it works on the human brain; fullfill the reward chain and have a reason to keep playing because it satisfies) and it requires more thinking and planning rather than just changing a few values here and there. Just like in real life, tampering with an economy has all kind of (side) effects. The problem is deeper than what you see at the surface, economy is structurally flawed.

So basically, the system has to be changed for this issue (money devaluation) not to re-appear in a couple of years, prompting another reset to 'fix' it. The economy should be able to regulate itself (remain in balance) after intervention. Do it properly, or don't do it.

I hope ppl understand why fixing the problems isn't an easy or quick task now..

The problem, as @Ghost722nd said couple days ago in game, scripts creating money when you earn money from specific jobs, like trucking. So jobs like that already bringing money to circulation. That is why money is worthless than ever. this problem should be fixed and also economy should be reseted to fix the economy faster.

@ILLUSION said in Increase money rolling or bring 2.0:

Like @Bone already said pumping more money into an already damaged system would just increase the problem! Take properties as an example; normal houses which costs ~250k get sold for millions.

The real problem is that players don't have enough ways to spend their money for. We need more "money drains" which make sense. For instance furniture/stuff for owned interiors just to throw an idea into.

Ghost722nd has a nice point here. People continually earn money therefore amount of the money owned by players grows in parallel. This is not the problem.

Problem is, when you fail to spend the money. Not being able to spend money much as you earn causes inflation, makes the in-game money worthless as long as you don't have hundred millions. Solution is hidden in the words he used; "money drains" .

Problem is easy to identify, so we must focus on the solution. And I think we should produce some extra ways to spend money.

And about the suggestion of resetting the money, it will not work in long term. Plus it is just an easy way to delay the problem. Also it can withdraw harsh reaction from players. Personally, I'd not like my money to be resetted and I think most would agree with me.

"Money Drains" is the keyword folks!

Currently I'm working on a possible layout for the economy on SAES. Please be patient until it has been discussed and elaborated!

Adding things which will make rich people spend their money on is a good idea but it has a drawback too as people know that money draining items will be added in server some will not use their money on these items and stash their money in their bank for future use. When people won't have money left in their bank after money drain then some of these rich people will be able to use their stashed money when things are cheaper.

Reset option:
Reset is the only option so that people can work their ass off to earn money and rush to buy props. The whole server will be a lot active and people will have fun buying and selling properties like old times.

Non-Reset option:
If people don't want to lose money then one suggestion would be to subtract everyone's money by a fixed percentage, probably easy to implement as well.

Non-Reset Example:
If everyone's money is decreased by 90%

Before Reset,
Person A has 100 million
Person B has 10 million

After Reset,
Person A has 10 million
Person B has 1million

@Ronseal @Brophy @Ghost722nd @Bone @Joe

Once again, I will say no to resetting. But maybe, decreasing every payment of works %50 would help? Like all the trucking missions, storerobs, arrests etc. cut %50 of them, and the income of server will decrease %50 therefore our money will be more worthy.

@ferthis i will explain why its not not a good idea
Basicly the housing system is a mess of 400 lines that are connected to many others scripts and to increase taxes to a decent ammoutn whidout editing the script would require props to be set to at least 20M to face at least 100k in taxes ( since 100k is about a decent ammount ) and you can make 100k in 10 mins lets be honest
So its not pratical as 10000 icons would need to be re-edited and then for the following week all 10000 of them would need to be overwatch to make sure they didnt bug out and returned to the old value
Basicly tax is not a good alternative(sorry for the phrasing drank too much and havent slept kek)

well if you donate just to get a fucking 1M per 10 pounds(lol ) what can i say
If you were worried about losing your donations vehicles i could understand but money i think its kinda lol sorry it just me
also there was a voting before this was started to be worked on and the people in favour was like 70+ % i think (too lazy to find the topic)

Behind the scene there are a few people including myself doing a rework on the economy, This is a challenging job and consumes a lot of free time, so no expectation of when it is "done" yet.
So in short of what we are doing right now is, We wont trigger a full "wipe" but we keep this option open as final resort, instead we'll be doing a full adjustment on the current outcome and build a fair income system during the progress we'll be keeping you lads updated trough a nice forum topic / discord.

As @Billionaire proposed to increase the economy is just shoving the problem ahead which we will be facing at later stage meaning it will be to late to sort it out cause right now there is more money being generated each month among players than players spend around ( we are aware that there is less option to spend money around this is also a thing we take along the progress )

As for housing, it has crashed due the amount of money being generated by players meaning they got more to spend around making houses have unrealistic values and values made up by players them self

Back to some actual facts,
Players together have generated a increase total of 9.3 BILLION over the past 8 months with a increase of 1.1 BILLION each month
While organizations have been decreasing 793.1m over the past 8 months
currently most money around is being generated by the following, Store-Robberies,Trucking,Arresting,Bank-Robbery

Yet i want to point out, We are working on the matter we are not in a rush and take time to work this out to limit mistakes made
Our aim goal is to realize a stable and moderated economy which can be altered once things are turning messy

@ferthis said in Increase money rolling or bring 2.0:

@Crash

One of the things you get by donating to the server is ingame cash. So its a bit weird to reward players with ingame cash and remove it after. But hey thats just my opinion.

Donation is an act of giving someone something without expecting anything in return. Rewards aren't purchased, they are rewarded otherwise it would be called sale. You are not entitled to getting anything in return for your donation but you do as a way for SAES to say "thank you". If your in-game money rewards get in the way of server progression as whole, they will naturally be removed.

@DROT said in Increase money rolling or bring 2.0:

@Crash

One of the things you get by donating to the server is ingame cash. So its a bit weird to reward players with ingame cash and remove it after. But hey thats just my opinion.

Donation is an act of giving someone something without expecting anything in return. Rewards aren't purchased, they are rewarded otherwise it would be called sale. You are not entitled to getting anything in return for your donation but you do as a way for SAES to say "thank you". If your in-game money rewards get in the way of server progression as whole, they will naturally be removed.

By making planes and helicopters things you can only own by donating to the server you can call it a kind of sell. Because people got no other options if they want to own a aircraft.

@Crash

By making planes and helicopters things you can only own by donating to the server you can call it a kind of sell. Because people got no other options if they want to own a aircraft.

no they make it a speshial thing for donators same as interiors and just like others games they set either game title speshial items to show that person helped the server running .
If you are this worried for 1 M jezz its like you didnt even read what bone posted about montly incomes

@Crash said in Increase money rolling or bring 2.0:

@Crash

no they make it a speshial thing for donators same as interiors and just like others games they set either game title speshial items to show that person helped the server running .
If you are this worried for 1 M jezz its like you didnt even read what bone posted about montly incomes

Not really worried about the money just interested in the consequences regarding properties but its crystal clear. Sorry for the discussion.

@ILLUSION said in Increase money rolling or bring 2.0:

Once again, I will say no to resetting. But maybe, decreasing every payment of works %50 would help? Like all the trucking missions, storerobs, arrests etc. cut %50 of them, and the income of server will decrease %50 therefore our money will be more worthy.

@Bone said in Increase money rolling or bring 2.0:

Back to some actual facts,
Players together have generated a increase total of 9.3 BILLION over the past 8 months with a increase of 1.1 BILLION each month
While organizations have been decreasing 793.1m over the past 8 months
currently most money around is being generated by the following, Store-Robberies,Trucking,Arresting,Bank-Robbery

I think my idea could work until a final solution is found. If we manage to cut that 1.1 Billion in half (making it 550m), money may start to melt away eventually.

Also is it possible to see how much money was spent in a month?