Randomize Store robbery

Bone

Question

Discuss / Suggesting randomize Store Robbery.

Back in the days we used to have Random "House Robs" which turned into SR later on
so the idea sounds as.

SR functioning the same as it is now but without manual option to pick a store to rob instead a available store is announced among criminals
First criminal arriving and killing the cashier receives a small bonus, other criminals attending receive the regular reward. after the event is completed a new store is announced available etc etc.

for Law enforcement,

if a store is not claimed within 3 minutes after the criminal announcement then cops receive the message that the store has possibilities to be robbed and recieve a reward for protecting it for when status bar is full ( visible for cops )
if it is claimed within the 3 minutes then the normal announcement appears

discuss.

edit added a "pool" cause @Crash is a mong

Us criminals logically go for SR's that are close to drop locations thus we only use certain SR locations, randomizing it will change things up. Plus the idea that the first criminal to get to the SR wins a bonus is great, the early bird gets the worm : ) Yes from me!

@Bone said in Randomize Store robbery:

@Markus , @Lincoln , @Mrwan , @LAPD_Spanish_VEN , @UNDER

can you enlighten more on why you have voted no ?

tbh, I like how the SR's are working right now, I see many SR's being stopped by cops so It's kinda stable and fair for both sides, Despite that I am with adding House robs but not to change the SR system.

EDIT: Also adding more Stores around SA would be good

@LAPD_Spanish_VEN said in Randomize Store robbery:

@Mrwan Lately I could not be on the server, but I have noticed a lot of criminal presence in the SR, this would make it even more difficult for the police to respond to the SR

how would it be more difficult for police ?
it would work the exact same as it is now but only criminals can't handpick a SR anymore instead they get one assigned and if they don't rob it within 3 minutes then cops get a message to "secure" the area and receive reward for that

I still don't get why Houserobs were removed. You had different buildings, structures and terrain which not only made it interesting for criminals because you suddenly had to watch 360 degrees around yourself, but also for cops as we would have different ways of raiding. I remember this one houserob in LS it was in the street, literally floor level.
:::

:::

Now its the same store copy pasted everywhere. Everyone stands on roof. Same strategy, different location.

I know this isn't the suggestion, but more than randomizing SR, I would like the old HR system back - perhaps with some changes like adding a civilian of some sort near the house. A ped would spawn with the marker. You kill the guy owning the house, and rob his house?

I'm still voting yes however

I don't get the 3minute thing. Does that mean crims could get the SR to let's say 50% bar, before cops ever finding out about the robbery?
If that's the case, I'd vote no. Perhaps if police gets notified as soon as a criminal enters the store.

Randomizing SRs sounds like a good idea though.

@DROT said in Randomize Store robbery:

Perhaps if police gets notified as soon as a criminal enters the store.

As if it is that hard for you guys. I think it should stay the same when starting the SR, the police get a notification. If only entering the store would trigger a notification, it would be used as a troll but also it would be too easy since you can go there already when no criminals are informed.

@DROT said in Randomize Store robbery:

I don't get the 3minute thing. Does that mean crims could get the SR to let's say 50% bar, before cops ever finding out about the robbery?
If that's the case, I'd vote no. Perhaps if police gets notified as soon as a criminal enters the store.

Randomizing SRs sounds like a good idea though.

No it means that criminals get an alert first, a store rob has started and they have 3 minutes to arrive, if no criminals attend and the 3 minutes are over, cops receive an alert. I think.

@Thing said in Randomize Store robbery:

As if it is that hard for you guys.

Did you keep your eyes closed while reading through my comment and only opened them once reaching that sentence?
I said that it might be reasonable solution IN CASE that the previous part of my comment proves to be correct, aka criminals attending the robbery and police getting notified 3 minutes after the robbery had already started and there are criminals boosting the percentage bar, which would indeed be hard for us guys since finding out about robbery which is already at 50% is not really handy.

@proxy said in Randomize Store robbery:

No it means that criminals get an alert first, a store rob has started and they have 3 minutes to arrive, if no criminals attend and the 3 minutes are over, cops receive an alert. I think.

What if criminals do attend? Does the police get notification that there are criminals in the store, or does the police get notified 3 minutes later regardless of whether criminals entered the store during those 3 minutes or not? If it is the 2nd scenario, with enough criminals arriving at the SR fast enough, SR could be finished in 3min without cops ever getting a notification. Hence why cops should be notified once the criminals arrive at the store and/or claim the randomized SR.