Public Event Hoster spawn

Ikzelf

Question

Create a spawn which has all the abilities LWS has. Whoever uses the spawn to host a particular event, should get a random dimension assigned to them so they can host it. This way they cannot interfere with the normal gameplay, but they can still host their events. Players don't have to wait for a LWS/G6 member to become free but instead can host and manage there own event.

• Answers 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

@Scorpyo said in Public Event Hoster spawn:

Stop repeating the abuse idea... there should be requirements for the spawn of course and changes on the scripts yes, simple ideas like you need to have at least 2000 hours to be able to use the spawn, restrict the ads to a certain number per minute, can't have more than 2 public events at the same time etc ...
However for the LWSs raiding this post, yes most of you are useless, in 85% of the time LWSs only use the spawn to make events for their organizations or friends, at a certain point i didnt find any available LWS for like a month lately, and we rarely even see someone who uses /checklws those days. So either give valid arguments or you can stop talking about the abuse idea and LWS role whatever.

+1 for this opinion , i really liked it

@Sam-B said in Public Event Hoster spawn:

@Ikzelf Do you wanna know the reason why LWS members don't host events in the main dimension? (Besides basic staff probies)

It's because of the server population itself. I'd argue that at least 7/10 events (minimum) held in the main dimension have some form of griefer. Which one, pisses off the host, and two, sucks out the enjoyment of the event.

Now yes, a large population of the server understands basic English and knows the rule set in F1. However, the minority doesn't. This is why LWS had additions made, allowing events to be hosted in other dimensions.

Because they shouldn't? What has this to do with the suggestion that an event spawn is created in a RANDOM DIMENSIONS? I guess a lot of people missed the fact that a public spawn won't have access to the main dimensions while existings groups could still host there.

The reasons marked above, and more which I could explain are the reason why LWS and G6 even exist.

Yes, my members and I are not always free to help as we play the game just like anyone else. Much like SAHA members, or SAES like you and I. No group is perfect on this server, but given it's longevity, I'd suggest that proves that the group works and will continue to work in the interests of the server population.

Yes, but I don't want to pay LWS 20% for the there services when I can do it myself.

To do this, we recently had a recruitment phase, and as you may have seen, it is open again for people to apply and show us what they have to offer. Maybe you should apply?

Now, you're asking for a well thought out and argued post with pros and cons either side. Whilst I disagree with your suggestion, there are parts which make sense and I thank you for highlighting those parts to me.

However...

You're asking for LWS members to not make jokes or stupid suggestions yet you on the other hand are provoke my members with the use of a GIF image.

Furthermore, I've already quoted a post you made on the first page of this thread about being pissed that people got membership via paying in games.

I really didn't expect a SAES member who should know the full facts regarding the incident to be so petty in a public forum. If you can't remember the details regarding that, I'd happily go over it with you on our private discord channel.

Maybe, Maybe not. Regarding the incident. As far as I remember there have been more then one in the past.

Stop repeating the abuse idea ( im sure they will keep talking about it in the comments under me...) There should be requirements for the spawn of course and changes on the scripts yes, simple ideas like you need to have at least 2000 hours to be able to use the spawn, restrict the ads to a certain number per minute, can't have more than 2 public events at the same time etc ...
However for the LWSs raiding this post, yes most of you are useless, in 85% of the time LWSs only use the spawn to make events for their organizations or friends, at a certain point i didnt find any available LWS for like a month lately, and we rarely even see someone who uses /checklws those days. So either give valid arguments or you can stop talking about the abuse idea and LWS role whatever.

I agree with you in some aspects. Now, I agree if there are some requirements in orser to spawn, yet I'm against those ideas like "Ih, you gotta have 1500+ hours, or even 2000+ in order to spawn". That's the mistake, don't judge the others from the amount of hours they got, if that's get implemented, that would lead to useless judging.

I agree if there are reuquirements, but I am interested what they could be. Furthermire, as I stated earlier, wouldn't be easier if G6 and LWS gain more members? I mean more members that are willing to help out and to host events. In my opinion, that's a better choice, then adding a brand new spawn, that would cause troubles.

@Cappo said in Public Event Hoster spawn:

Stop repeating the abuse idea ( im sure they will keep talking about it in the comments under me...) There should be requirements for the spawn of course and changes on the scripts yes, simple ideas like you need to have at least 2000 hours to be able to use the spawn, restrict the ads to a certain number per minute, can't have more than 2 public events at the same time etc ...

I agree with you in some aspects. Now, I agree if there are some requirements in orser to spawn, yet I'm against those ideas like "Ih, you gotta have 1500+ hours, or even 2000+ in order to spawn". That's the mistake, don't judge the others from the amount of hours they got, if that's get implemented, that would lead to useless judging.

I agree if there are reuquirements, but I am interested what they could be. Furthermire, as I stated earlier, wouldn't be easier if G6 and LWS gain more members? I mean more members that are willing to help out and to host events. In my opinion, that's a better choice, then adding a brand new spawn, that would cause troubles.

Replying to the first part, im not judgin anyone, its just to not let newbies that are new to the server just use the spawn to fuck arround, or what else would you suggest for that

You know the topic is hot when you have 5 pages of comments in a dozen hours :)
Just deleted LWS
alt text

On a more serious note, if I ever get to the end of this comment without cracking a joke, as an old LWS time, I wouldn't like to see this becoming a thing because it drains all the fun of being part and try to archive something as LWS Membership, either with steam games, blowjobs, events (that's a joke), etc.

On the other hand, I understand the frustration of people either trying to join LWS and get denied either trying to host events for their organizations and can't find a single LWS Member to help them do it, but, and I talk from self-experience, people tend to behave like complete tards when participating in an event and that gets in the LWS Member nerves. For example, I was a guy that really liked to host events for everyone but after a while, I got tired of having players that should know the rules behave like random shits and I decided to stop doing events. OH, BY THE WAY, G6 ISN'T THE SAME AS LWS, SO FUCK OFF FROM SAYING "oh any free lws/g6".

Anyhow, I was under the impression that a while back, LWS and or SAES had a policy that would give every level 2+ organization a LWS member if said organization hadn't one already. Maybe that's a thing to bring back.

Basically if we see through we got many benefits due to this spawn but this will destroy the server fun, I mean if everyone get to use this spawn groups like ZIP& LWS are in danger. Making your way to get the spawn is much better and satisfying than having it for free and mostly in hand have new players and abusers. In this example CEO fits. They are working hard and in future they will get their own spawn and no one can get it for free. So in conclusion this idea is good but not suitable.

@Ted said in Public Event Hoster spawn:

No way dude, its not gonna happen. Can you imagine 9999+ events hosted at once it would be massive problem for advertisements.

No, honestly I can't imagine that happening. If there are already 10 events going on why would someone start a new one risking nobody coming to his? Yes this may be the case the first few days but that is also the case with everything that is new.

No way dude, its not gonna happen.

What makes you so sure of that?

And I've seen several people speaking of putting a restriction on the spawn (x amount of hours or whatever). But I disagree, I don't think any restriction should be put on it if the script properly limits what can be done with the panel so that there is no room for abuse.

Hey people... Well I am here to sort of defend the existence of groups like LWS. Having myself lead a group to success, I can surely say it would not be fine to just bring some substitute out of nowhere to threat the need of groups like LWS. I got a little better idea actually, and it is simply to have a new spawn, yes, but this one shall be all under "LWS" (or even G6, cuz sorry, I never understood a lot about G6 because who mostly helps us is lws, in a respective way..). That spawn can be "LWS Trainee", more like zip trainee (but as I don't really know a lot about zip trainee, so I would rather explain more on my idea).
LWS Trainee spawn can be made with little lesser tools than that of a real LWS. It can get people added by LWS HQs only, mainly people like LWS Applicants, or long time helpers/hosters (like someone is eligible if he makes like 10 Events in a given time period). This spawn can have like 1-sentence advertisements (just to not get ads spammed by "non-trusted" people), and less objects in construction panel, and mainly they stay at same dimension. These people can host events like car shows, chicken shooters etc and can help real LWSes in hosting bigger type of events.
How this would help is, first, it would have only non-retarded people who LWS HQs themselves trust in representing the group's name, secondly it won't have almost everyone spawning but like 5-6 people at a time, making it possible for LWS to recruit ready-with-knowledge people in future, and accessible for the community having more number of event organizers ready to help (even smaller events, but atleast they can keep stuff going on rather than keep asking about free LWS/G6).
I hope you liked my idea, even if not, Goodluck getting on some solid conclusion. Thankya:wave:

Such ideas are crazy you guys have no idea what you doing out there. I rather to see those events done by professionals unlike others. Back in time people had to spend a fortune to get into such groups you're just disrespecting those guys effort. Somethings should stay as it always been, do not try to make harsh changes in no time and don't expect people to agree on it quickly.

Such ideas are crazy you guys have no idea what you doing out there. I rather to see those events done by professionals unlike others. Back in time people had to spend a fortune to get into such groups you're just disrespecting those guys effort. Somethings should stay as it always been, do not try to make harsh changes in no time and don't expect people to agree on it quickly.

Well.. Poll currently says it ain't such a crazy after all :shrug:

Now I still see a lot of people who are worried about the "abuse" that can happen. If we were to currently just make a new spawn with all of LWS' capibilities, yes it would be abused. Which is why ikzelf suggested doing some additional work to make sure it's safe for usage by the general public. Locking it to dimensions, changing the way advertisements work, changing the way events are displayed in the /event panel, etc.
Maybe even marking events hosted by LWS people a bit differently so they still stand out. But that's all minor issues.

In the end the most important thing is that the features of events are available to the players. And if LWS has insufficient capacity to host them (Which is the case, since otherwise this suggestion would never have been made) then I do believe the best course of action is to make the general public able to host events with the same set of tools LWS has.

Also:

@Ramos said in Public Event Hoster spawn:

Bullshit

In the future I'd like for everyone that if they have something to say about it, they actually explain why, and give arguments to support to views on the topic. Otherwise if the only opinions outed against the idea are as unsubstantiated as the one above then we can not take it seriously.