Kill Arresting in JB

Ikzelf

@RAMPAGE said in Kill Arresting in JB:

Keep enabled the kill-arresting in banks's interiors for BRs and PBRs.

Remove the kill-arresting inside jail's interior and move the PC's "Prison Warden" spawn inside the jail's interior where it used to be in the past (in this room) so only PC members can use it:

alt text

Place a blue marker outside at the jail's yard next to the "Prison Warden Trainee" spawn where they can get 200 ammo of M4 and 25 ammo of sniper (like it used to have the old jail in RC). This would be the exactly location of the blue marker:

alt text

++++++++++++

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only other solution would be to change the layout of the jail so its not just 1 fucking corridor to the cells and gate. Make it so there is 3 ways of getting to the cell area which than prevents crim camping and spraying in 1 area but instead can be outflanked from 3 directions, however this would still not be balanced for cops. To make it balance and fair I would suggest that police officers have a room inside the jail which only cops can access and this room has a health station for JUST cops, so crims cant use it. Would help officers with attacking the jail while they only have fucking tazers and batons. That would make it balance. Could set a timer for each individual cop (not a collective timer) so the health station can only can be used every 1 minute to prevent overusing it.

However this requires effort and scripting and I can't remember the last time SAES had a big ingame change.

The HQ and devs cant even agree on a fucking new server build, 2.0? Project whatever nano was doing? pfff good luck with changing anything ikzelf

@Ikzelf

The latest history of Cops vs Criminals "balance":

1. Special groups get all their shit removed due to constant complaints from police side.

2. Taser range gets increased multiple times, though it doesnt instantly arrest anymore. There was also that headshot arrest + tap space to escape thing (both removed due to abuse). Headshot arrest was good imo, but should have had a decreased range.

3. Police side gets flashbangs, fast vehicles, approval to use water tanks.

4. Jail location is switched few times, the only closest to being balanced was the island where the current cuba is. One at flint county was an easy rush for cops, the current one offers you either 9000 hours waiting time till the door opens at main entrance or markerkilling at back one.

5. Increased amount of payment (criminals have it too).

6. Bank robbery cracking values are also higher, which makes a BR longer / more time for cops to perform an assault.

7. Kill arrest.

8. Cop side has become more popular amongst players. (a good thing)

Criminals had no buffs on their side whatsoever.

You can see the current state of balance by simply going to a storerobbery. Few days ago i started one next to CLO base and got sniped by a squad member in 30 seconds. Cops would randomly deathmatch everyone nowadays to achieve their goals instead of arresting. "Try to arrest before killing"? - "Oh, but the guy has a better position, i cannot arrest him, gotta shoot!" Meanwhile, more buffs!

Devs should give their balancing a good think before implementing it live. I can give you a simple tip: kill arrest or some shit is not the way how you do it, but remapping the interiors is. Both bank and prison. A bunch of right placed walls and corridors and how players play around them can decide everything instead.

I support Marko's and Rampage's ideas.

In my opinion, you're all showing the cops as they are way too powerful then they actually are. Now, lets have a look at the kill arresting in the JBs. You have a tiny corridor, there you have to shoot, or more likely spam all around which doesn't seem to require any skills, as there is nowhere to hide or to sneak behind the suspects or even use any other tactics. You just stand there, spam, "farm" arrests and kills. This is the exact reason I don't even bother going to Jbs, as its nothing else, but boring.

Lets have a look from the criminals side. If you have 1 criminal to open doors at every moment during that spammy "fight", there is pretty much no way the Police team can stop you. Think of it. Think how retarded it is the cops to Respawn as Wardens right after they get killed, so they can back and start spamming and pray they actually get an arrest, and the criminals that are thousands and are having their doors opened within some seconds so they get back to fighting. It is boring and retarded. The exact same thing happens over and over again.

Now, the BRs. Again, 2 small corridors, the only way that the cops stand a chance is to use flashbangs and rush in, or as someone stated, wait until the BR finishes. Now, when the BR finishes, no Cop uses his M4, because the criminals are thousands, so when they all get CS out, the Police side has almost no chances, instead the cops start spamming with their nighsticks and eventually get 1-2 arrests. One more proof that kill arresting in BRs isn't really needed.

Once again, the cops aren't seriously having that much chances for easy arrests and I can't define this as the cops being too "broken" or else, unballanced. I mean, some crims have 200+ ping, so they take no tase shots, no nighstick hits, no bullets at all.

In my opinion, there should be another interior map for the Jail. I mean, the banks are uhh, alright, but the Jail isn't. As its been stated in the topic, adding some other routes and short corridors in the jail would allow both sides to use tactics and strategy to sneak out, other then shooting each other in a corridor.

Cops are never been that popular on this server, majority of the playerbase prefer to play as criminal due to more fun, to be honest many people enjoy killing instead of arresting. In this case developers had to make changes to attract more players through the cop side so all this "buffs" have some purposes to keep the balance in a good way. That doesn't mean you guys can't suggest things but don't expect big changes that could collapse the current system of the gameplay

Cops used to shoot down the last hallway back when kill arresting wasn't a thing too. What's the point of running down the same path over and over again with a nightstick in hand like sheep to the slaughter? Jail interior is built entirely in favour of the defender which is the core of all problems here, whichever side gets to camp the last room will get enormous advantage, criminals even more so as they respawn couple of meters away. While kill arrest is a bad idea, going back to the way things used to be is equally bad. Just that less people might complain as there are less cops in general.

This is going to benefit just the criminal side obviously. Let's assume that this is getting removed. You should count the fact of the difficulty we face when we will have to rush in order to arrest them. We will get killed in no seconds, as it currently happens. With such prison map interior, we can't bring a change like that one. Plus, most positively votes are from criminals who want an easy life or can't resist our defence. There is balance in that section, don't take it away.

let's not forget that cops remain allowed to kill without attempting to arrest in SR,BR,JB which is a huge advantage and makes stopping a JB lots easier, as they would go straight to the hospital, which would repeat the cycle in which non-wardens would be able to take down the ones respawned outside prison. you might say that's bad for you as you're not getting paid for killing but others do, and they get it done. so it is ultimately teamwork. I am in favor of removing le script

@Ikzelf said in Kill Arresting in JB:

@RAMPAGE said in Kill Arresting in JB:

Keep enabled the kill-arresting in banks's interiors for BRs and PBRs.

Eyyy finally someone with a real suggestion. Remember that you can actually shoot through the glass in that room, so thats needs to be fixed if they spawn there.

easiest thing is to place a walll and set its transparency to 0, giving the glass solid collisions and retains its transparency flags (remodeling is not an option due to alpha limits on MTA)

It's really unrealistic how you kill someone to arrest him but .. that won't be changing the fact how SAES suppose to be an RP server. if it could be removed, would be better but please do something like what Dyam posted up there, that blueprint is awesome for a good, fair and realistic jail map for both cops and criminals.

And if kill-arrest is to be removed from BR as well, idk how but would be perfect if draw-distance is fixed as it's garbage when you get there, killed, back inside and you see whoever is cracking at the far end of the bank through walls. idk if it's load of objects or what's the problem but give a try would be nice.