Improving the relationship between Gang and Squad members (AS PLAYERS!)

Albie

Now now before you start reading, some people will say "Ugh, cringe" or call me cheesy, but this is for the sake of making players more tolerating towards eachother, I don't know what type of people would be against that.

This idea has been stuck on my mind and I need people's help with it, even though someone tried to discourage me from it(youknowwhoyouare). To put it simply, I was thinking of a way to make squad and gang members more understanding towards eachother as players.
vv
My current idea is to link every squad to a gang, gangs outnumber squads greatly so this'll be a bit of a problem and might not be a one for one kind of thing.
Now you might start asking: "And what happens with the linked gang and squad?" Well here's my problem that I need help with, my idea was to make it so the two linked groups form some sort of... semi-alliance? Anywho, if the squad and gang leaders agree, they should allow their members to start doing activites together, say for example, the squad members team up with the gang members and start playing as criminals together, or the gang members team up with the squad members and patrol together.
Basically, they start doing activites and events together, to develop an understanding of eachother's side.
The problem I was having is... How can this be done? Is there any better way to achieve the same result? That's why I need everyone's opinions to help me with this!

-

Please try to focus on the main idea here, improving the relationship between PLAYERS.
aka: Don't come with the "But cops don't help criminals in real life, bla bla bla bla" talk.
Don't be a negative Nancy!

So, in short, you want to make the g/s stop acting their role and do some pointless stuff.

-1, I just don't see it right. Talk with the rest of the squad members, the trainees and do stuff together, for the record, I've almost never seen squads working together, so I'd say to do that, instead of doing alliances between gangs and squads which seems just pointless.

@Cappo said in Improving the relationship between Gang and Squad members (AS PLAYERS!):

So, in short, you want to make the g/s stop acting their role and do some pointless stuff.

-1, I just don't see it right. Talk with the rest of the squad members, the trainees and do stuff together, for the record, I've almost never seen squads working together, so I'd say to do that, instead of doing alliances between gangs and squads which seems just pointless.

I already said that this isn't about the gangs and squads doing different roles, it's not about the gameplay it's about the community aspect of it, it doesn't seem like you bothered or cared enough to read anything of it.
It's pointless from a short-distanced point of view, when there's a lot of good stuff that can come out of it. Many people don't understand the modern day situation of either playing as criminal or playing as a cop.
What's really "pointless" is how often cop players and criminal players fight over who's more OP and who isn't, this idea is meant to stop any pointless banter about balance in a fun and engaging way.
I'll say it again incase you don't bother to read, this isn't about the roles, it's about making community players understand what the other side goes through, and also improving relations between players in general, in a fun way.

As for the squads not working together thing, all of the players are on the same side and understand what others go through while playing. They do often work together since they still play on the same side.

For the third time I'll repeat it, this is not about changing what criminals and cops do, it's about trying to make players understand eachother, as equal players, which is extremely necessary in a server that's based on player feedback.

Albies suggestion isn't to take away your role - he's just trying to bring up some ideas on how to introduce this. He's stuck - his general basis of the idea is great, as it will greatly get rid of the toxicity in the server; the attitude you wear with pride, @Cappo.

I definitely agree that something needs to happen - I remember 7 years ago when I told Daryl to get cancer, I was banned for two months - nowadays people run around telling them their parents are dead and whatnot.

Yes, we are cops vs. robbers, but do we really have to steep down to a personal level, and from what I have seen sometimes; directly bully people? I miss the days back in the day when we actually came on to have fun. Nowadays people come on to boost their selfesteem by telling VayraN he's this, telling this guy that he's that or telling the third guy he's whatever.

I'm all for the fun banter about "easy, you suck" and so on - that's just teasing - but what I see whenever I am on ... jesus, if your parents saw that.
Why can't we just enjoy this beautiful game together, and leave all the personal hatred out?

Just my two cents.

@Zoom-In said in Improving the relationship between Gang and Squad members (AS PLAYERS!):

"Dreamworld" where all are friends and understand eachother.. not gonna happen.

Read it all before commenting, this is not a dream world and it's not something impossible, happenned before and can happen again.
People always complain about wanting balance, well this is an attempt at a step towards balance, players are more important than the scripts, and you need players to be able to make logical well thought out ideas and suggestions for actual server scripts.

This is a reminder that I'm asking people for their ideas and help, if you want balanced scripts in the server, we need the majority of players to be mature and able to discuss suggestions regardless of sides, having fun in a game we all enjoy is the number one priority here, please give it a chance before jumping to conclusions without a second thought.

Lmao, I wanted to state everything down as simple as possible, but hey, it's obviously not going to happen when you manage to mention my name in such a "great" way.
@Howlze don't even talk about toxicity, don't even tell me that I'm the one being toxic... if you think that I am wrong, hit me up in a Discord PM, so I can show you who is toxic with a great amount of proofs.
Now on topic.

It's impossible.
I'll take myself as an example, as you said, a very toxic person, I have friends or people I know well in every single g/s, but in the meanwhile, there are people that I can't stand. You can't just make gang X get "allied" (as you said) with squad Y, as like 3-4 people might get along, the rest might not. That's a nonsense, thats why I said its useless.

Simply find some people to have fun with, it doesn't matter in which g/s they are. Making a whole g/s to "get allied" with some other g/s in the sake of "patrolling together or spawning as crims together" seems weird.

Also, don't get offended from a game. You want to have fun? Then have fun, why would anyone care if anyone insults them in a game, don't make such a big deal out of it lmao.

Just get friends in game and do stuff with them, it's impossible to get along with everyone.

The most toxic person on the server is Joe.... he insults everyone and as soon as someone says anything to him, he cries like a pathetic child.
Also Howlze, he done nothing when Ramos said I should die in real life, so he is hypercritical.

So yeah Howlze, nice optimism but wont happen. Its too late.

the only thing really need to be fixed is the "haha reported" bullshit, when people are happy to have an reason to report someone instead talking what/why did something wrong & solving problems with words instead reportd (or DM). for example howlze the fker dmed me yesterday, could legit report him, instead iam gonna DM him back when he rp or other important stuff, like friendly revange, or i just remoove his v8 again + dollar wheels.

but other stuff than that would be nice when some squad members joins few brs as crime & watch how it is to be on the other side, or crimes patrolls abit with some cops, just to learn some stuff from the other side. like most crimes dont even know k pannell exist, or cops still thinks you get up to 250k+ at every br & alot more shit, but gangs/squads real alliance wont happen. best thing i saw yet was AA & tst earlyer cuz both liked DM & no bullshit reports, RIP tst

@Albie said in Improving the relationship between Gang and Squad members (AS PLAYERS!):

Please try to focus on the main idea here, improving the relationship between PLAYERS.
aka: Don't come with the "But cops don't help criminals in real life, bla bla bla bla" talk.
Don't be a negative Nancy!

I think I have somewhat of an idea of what goes down lately to cause these issues. I believe the root of it is the following wall of text. To briefly introduce it, yesterday I was attending a jailbreak (hi hi I'm [TT]Filito :D ) and I litterally got accused of killing criminals on purpose several times by 2 persons. I clearly said it was an accident but apparently I'm more than interested on killing fellow criminals to help them escape (come back to jail?) as fast as possible if you completly stick to what people say. You could eventually imagine this could have lead to a report whereas the reporter would put different intentions on what mines were actually in the moment.

On the last example, we are speaking of a specific cops vs crims situation but it does also happen on the crim-side between gangs where people are reporting eachothers for silly bullshits. The last time I read that a whole report war began because of a meaningless turfing situation. Gang A who loves to report everything moving, reported Gang B for X; so gang B has decided to find anything possible to report Gang A back. I think anyone who have been in this situation of petty reporting from another gang or have been the cause of it can recognize himself. If you ask me, that's basically what ruins the server a bit.

I believe people are becoming over-too-serious when playing this server while it should remain a game. You follow the rules so it's enjoyable for everyone, but reporting should never turn out into a game of how I can screw X over. If you're on the cop-side, you're certainly less targeted by this report feature (but "you" (do I use you?!) are certainly the target of a certain category of players who fail to understand it's a few people and not a whole organization being the autor of what I'm mentioning now); though I read a few cases about it which are as retarded as their cop-gang or gang-gang similar cases. It's reaching proportions where custom skins representing historical controversed characters (hitler for instance) are offending some players which lead to them being taken away while it has always been banter material, or mainchat jokes (most of times retarded and petty) are taken more seriously than they should be when a simple /ignore would solve the situation (there are obviously extremes).

To shorten it up for lazy people, don't make reports, make points!!!!

@Kain

alt text

that's points for B~B, Z, TT and AA!!!!

@Joshbond said in Improving the relationship between Gang and Squad members (AS PLAYERS!):

The most toxic person on the server is Joe.... he insults everyone and as soon as someone says anything to him, he cries like a pathetic child.

You are currently insulting him because he said something to you and are crying like a pathetic child.

It is real art how you can claim that someone else is doing something wrong while doing the exact same thing yourself just by just saying that sentence.

@DROT When did I say that I do not insult back?

Thats the whole point DROT, I do insult back. I live by a saying, treat others how they treat you.

You talk shit to me, ill do the same to you. You talk to me nicely, ill talk nicely to you.

I am happy for Joe to insult me if he wants, I dont care but he better expect it back from me. Thats the difference, I do not 'cry' because of an insult, where Joe does.

However if I get 'punished' for it when he was the one who initiates it, then I will complain as it is wrong and corrupt.

The solution to lowering the server's toxicity is simple.

1. Stop reporting everyone for everything, anytime that you get the chance. It's annoying for the players, and it must be annoying for the admins as well.

2. Stop using F1 as a bible, which you have to follow point for point. It's annoying to kill a cop within range of an SR, and he suddenly starts telling you, that you've broken SAES Rule 3.1.2.3.1.3, which states that you can't kill a cop, whose name starts with M if he drives a civilian car, doesn't look at you and if the servertime is past midnight. You got killed for being nearby a SR. Respawn and get over it.

3. Decrease jailtime. It might sounds like a weird thing, but I think the main reason why many people dislikes cops, is because of cops = jailtime = 7 minutes afk in jail. I shoot at every cop who comes near me, who isn't Albie, when I'm wanted, simply because I don't want to waste my life with the insane jailtimes. I get that the jailtime isn't the cops' fault, but tell that to the guy who's spent 21 minutes out of hte last hour in jail.

What about instead of arguing every fucking day we try to find a way to balance the gameplay for everyone and we find a way for people to enjoy the game without all the bullshit that is going on between cops and criminals? Its getting stupid at this point already

Just have more fun, take things less seriously and be understanding for others. Judge things from different perspectives, not everything is about you. Quit being a cunt. Simple, aint it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMmTkKz60W8

@nicus said in Improving the relationship between Gang and Squad members (AS PLAYERS!):

Just have more fun, take things less seriously and be understanding for others. Judge things from different perspectives, not everything is about you. Quit being a cunt. Simple, aint it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMmTkKz60W8

@Bartman will destroy you once he sees that forum bar :joy:

It's pretty easy from the way I see it, there's no need to link squads and gangs, it comes from a point of individual player behavior and approaches.
For example, many times people gather at LV X to hang around, just to have fun, and some are wanted, I see many squad players just rushing around to arrest as much players as they can. I don't contest this, sure, it's how the gameplay is and "if you don't want to get arrest don't go with starts", these are all valid points, but sometimes it wouldn't hurt just to look behind this wall of "gameplay" and just come around and say "hey", be part of the group and forget about criminals and cops.
Another thing that could be avoided to soften this pit between the two sides would be to stop mocking players after arresting them, in the main chat. It's childish.

And from the criminal side as well, sometimes cops are just passing by and there's no need to start pointing guns, threathening, using binds calling them pigs and cop homos, there's plenty of situations ingame where there's a valid confrontation, such as JBs, BRs, SRs, the occasional chase where many cops (and more should do it) use binds to clearly announce they're chasing those criminals and no deathmatch is being done at that situation.

My take is that people should as the community more like a whole playerbase than 2 sides trying to pull things for themselves, it's not hard and it starts by reviewing the way each people, individually, can correct their stances and approaches. Sometimes disputes are started only by a action - reaction cause.

@Canelas said in Improving the relationship between Gang and Squad members (AS PLAYERS!):

For example, many times people gather at LV X to hang around, just to have fun, and some are wanted, I see many squad players just rushing around to arrest as much players as they can

@Dalboeb fuck off from lvx your leader and his vice are always doing patroll around which is really great be like your leader.