Local Voice Chat

Zei

Question

4:45 am,
What about an option that will make you able to communicate via voice chat (in the police teamchat aka radio) or to communicate with nearby people (15 metres away players can hear u) via voice chat. I know some people will say it will be a mess or idk, but why not if you can mute people just like the /ignore command.
This option will help alot performing rps and adding some fun to the server. And of course keeping the normal chat too
(sorry if my english is a bit broken, wala ta3rf kifach ? Broken w yfz)

@Faysal said in Local Voice Chat:

Already did suggest this. But they don't seem to care or give a fuck about it. even tho it's a really nice idea to make RPs way easier for slow niggas who can't type without looking at the keyboard twice
Link : https://saesrpg.uk/topic/5390/suggestion-voice-chat-ingame

Man you wrote an essay and you say why people do not care ? XD also you did not even put a poll

@Zei said in Local Voice Chat:

@Faysal said in Local Voice Chat:

Already did suggest this. But they don't seem to care or give a fuck about it. even tho it's a really nice idea to make RPs way easier for slow niggas who can't type without looking at the keyboard twice
Link : https://saesrpg.uk/topic/5390/suggestion-voice-chat-ingame

Man you wrote an essay and you say why people do not care ? XD also you did not even put a poll

When I said ''they don't seem to care'' I mean they didn't like the idea or care about it. You can check that there was a lot giving their opinions :)

What I imagine when you say SAES voice chat is a bunch of high pitch voice Tunisian kids speaking in weird languages, people raging and insulting each other over the mic, a lot of "GET REKT BOIIIIIIIII" every time someone gets a kill and playing weird sounds/music.

Effectively monitoring who's abusing the voice function also seems difficult if not impossible, if you /report someone then you can't add a screenshot of someone's voice, chat logs can't show voice either obviously. Players would need to make a recording and report via forums or have an admin come and hear for himself.

Being able to block people's voices individually like /ignore helps but it might end up being major annyance, especially for new players.

Still not a good option drot to have to mute 180 playrs everytime i log , if a button gets added to disable all voice or even just a command like /disablevoice or /enablevoice then i wont mind this being in the game

I don't think this is something the server is ready for, whether it is the server itself, there is enough lag and constant complaints about FPS drops already, or when it comes to the community itself as whole. It will probably end up in everyone muting everyone.

@Tut-Greco

There are Teamspeak Plugins which can work with scripts.

Everyone is in the same channel on teamspeak however you can only hear/talk to people within a proximity ingame. The mod I know of is Task Force Radio which can also uses radio frequencies which could be used for squads to communicate to their members instead of typing in CC chat.

I think Task Force Radio is scripted for Arma 3 but possibly to use it for MTA or there may be others out there.

Teamspeak is also good for this because if you want to mute someone, you can simply mute them on teamspeak.