Pro Cop (PC) for Criminals

DROT

Question

Hello!

This is more so a question than suggestion, share how you feel concerning possibility of gang members joining Pro Cops.

It is important to understand what PC is and what possibilities the spawn realisitically brings, before jumping to any conclusions. PC is a group with primary focus on roleplay, portraying everyday policemen and initiating roleplay with criminals rather than immediately rushing for arrest. This goes for all spawns that become available to player that joins he Pro Cops group. Players using any PC spawn are obligated to attempt and roleplay with the wanted person before attempting arrest, with exception of events (sr/br/jb/turf).

What do Pro Cops have access to?

• More regular vehicles already available to trainees/state troopers.

• Nightstick, taser, shotgun, spray, similar to State Trooper - No lethal weapons and low ammo count.

• Dispatcher spawn, able to request from other cops to arrest a certain player, same function as K panel that all cops including trainees have - Can not arrest, has no weapons.

• Detective spawn, able to investigate script-spawned crime scenes - Can not arrest, has no weapons, roleplay spawn.

• Can spawn in some smaller towns.

• Dog spawn, increased running speed and bite effect slows the wanted player down, identical to rubber shotgun - Can not arrest.

• Can deploy stingers.

Overall, PC does not bring any powerful boosts to the player with exception of stingers that criminals are currently able to get access to via SAI membership. Its spawns are created to initiate or enchance roleplay situations, not to offer any real advantage to members over other players. The group fields many interesting scripts as of now unavailable to any other group/spawn, which however do not bring advantage over criminals.

What about rulebreakers?

It is widely known that PC disciplinary actions are borderline tyrannical with any sort of situation where the PC member abuses provided spawns/equipment or uses them in means not stated by PC rules, always ends with a kick or long term suspension. The only way to become member of PC is via minimum of four long weeks in SAPA with numerous tests completed, ending with another final PC test and probation period of one more month. All this taken into consideration, probability of any PC member taking the risk to try and abuse their spawn with high risk of losing it, is very, very low.
It is likely that PC is the group with lowest count of rulebreaks.

Why even think about it?

As should be evident by now, PC has access to variety to interesting roleplay-enchancing features. These features are currently available to a small number of players when taking general playerbase into consideration. Commonly we're able to see 30 cops online compared to 100 criminals. Only a few of those cops have access to PC, while the large majority of server (80%) can not even get a chance to join. Allowing gang members to take the same SAPA route and obtain PC would encourage more players to take on the roleplay of police officer. It is hard to think of a reason why players that decided to join a gang should not be able to roleplay as cops, or be limited to trainee/state trooper spawns, while PC is a group with exactly that purpose, giving players more roleplay material while offering no real advantage over the criminals. Additionally, groups like SAPA and PC itself may profit from increased activity.

Congratulations if you've made it this far, that was quite a bit of text to read!
Please have a thought about everything of the above and share your opinion.

• Answers 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

In my opinion this is not the greatest of ides...Now let me tell yall why. The cops side of the server is not doing the best, because new players dont find the cop side as appealing as the criminal side of things. The Pro Cop is in my opinion is a very honorable gift to have, and to just let the player who chose the criminal side become a Pro Cop member..in my opinion wont lead the server onto a positive direction. The cops side needs to have something that is appealing to the new players eyes and by letting the criminals also get a hold of it, will make the cops side even more despising to their opinion. This is my opinion, that i wanted to share.

criminals can join DE,criminals can lead SA government,criminals can join SAI,criminals can become procop as Mr.DROT said
but cops can't join CeM , cops can't join CLO, cops can't join OB ... that's why criminals activity are more higher and it's will be always like that .. -1

Can't be just for me that this should clearly be a big ass no. Most of the things a ProCop has access to, a SAi trooper has aswell, besides the respect and guarantee that the person knows how to RolePlay properly (or at a minimum as PC tests should guarantee). Why give criminals access to yet another thing they shouldn't, makes no sense at all, they can play a regular cop life if they want and join SAi if they're interested in RolePlaying, leave the ProCop membership to the actual "Pro Cops" as it should be in the first place, first u let criminals get PC after that in a blink of an eye even ICE will be full of PCs lol.

@Garcia1999 said in Pro Cop (PC) for Criminals:

criminals can join DE,criminals can lead SA government,criminals can join SAI,criminals can become procop as Mr.DROT said
but cops can't join CeM , cops can't join CLO, cops can't join OB ... that's why criminals activity are more higher and it's will be always like that .. -1

This doesn't make since.. Criminals who are spawned as DE, SAI, PC. Will give you regular cops an advantage that you didn't have before. And levels the playing field theirs several criminal spawns and official spawns that cops can join to do criminal activity's just not those 3. The game doesn't make the rules the groups do so you cant say Crim's can join DE but cops cant join CLO. As its DE's choice to allow crim's to join. As far as I know Crim's cant join SAPA either but that's tuts choice so i don't blame him or use it in an argument.

Why do de hq and sai hq choose that tho?

@Skerdi said in Pro Cop (PC) for Criminals:

about DEHQ, it started wrong and alot of crims are already in, can't and wont be changed 90%.

About SAI HQ, it's correct, made just for everyone to join and experience the RP and law life and it's the only group that can give you such experience.

@Pera98 said in Pro Cop (PC) for Criminals:

Can't be just for me that this should clearly be a big ass no. Most of the things a ProCop has access to, a SAi trooper has aswell, besides the respect and guarantee that the person knows how to RolePlay properly (or at a minimum as PC tests should guarantee). Why give criminals access to yet another thing they shouldn't, makes no sense at all, they can play a regular cop life if they want and join SAi if they're interested in RolePlaying, leave the ProCop membership to the actual "Pro Cops" as it should be in the first place, first u let criminals get PC after that in a blink of an eye even ICE will be full of PCs lol.

So criminals cant invest there time into learning and training to past the test and join the rest of you "Pro Cop". Surely you weren't a pro cop in the beginning and you had the choice to play as cop/crim/civ as you still do but you took the time to join the ProCops regardless. So if there's a person on the server who's just as good as you or even better then you as being a cop he shouldn't get that chance? Noone is giving away PC you would have to learn it in the same way you did. And you would have a problem if ICE a highly ranked squad (regardless of how they got it) became PC's. Kinda selfish tbh man

@Marko said in Pro Cop (PC) for Criminals:

@Skerdi said in Pro Cop (PC) for Criminals:

about DEHQ, it started wrong and alot of crims are already in, can't and wont be changed 90%.

About SAI HQ, it's correct, made just for everyone to join and experience the RP and law life and it's the only group that can give you such experience.

Then we shouldn't bring them into this, since they are separate departments

@Reggi
You were curiously bright enough to understand the part where i make fun of ICE but not so bright in understanding the other 90% of the post. Who says criminals can't play as cops and invest their time in playing or RPing as cops? There's Trainee/Trooper spawns for those who simply want to go around and hit niggas with a black dildo and there's SAi for people who are into law enforcement RP. Giving criminals access to ProCop will only make it's remaining uniqueness vanish, the fact that it's made from "Pros & Cops", and the Pros part is already lacking, make the other part disappear too and better just remove the group at all and make all spawns public lol

@Pera98 said in Pro Cop (PC) for Criminals:

@Reggi
You were curiously bright enough to understand the part where i make fun of ICE but not so bright in understanding the other 90% of the post. Who says criminals can't play as cops and invest their time in playing or RPing as cops? There's Trainee/Trooper spawns for those who simply want to go around and hit niggas with a black dildo and there's SAi for people who are into law enforcement RP. Giving criminals access to ProCop will only make it's remaining uniqueness vanish, the fact that it's made from "Pros & Cops", and the Pros part is already lacking, make the other part disappear too and better just remove the group at all and make all spawns public lol

Just because you have the PC spawn does not mean that criminals can not be good at being a police officer. In most cases people do not care about strong RP, so why does it matter in this case? We can be multiple characters when it is about RPing, which would fit perfectly well with the PC spawn. I have multiple RP characters as SAI, ThC, ALT or CC, if someone who is part of a gang but perfectly capable of being a good police officer when spawned as PC, I do not see how that affects the word "Pro" in any way.

part of a gang but perfectly capable of being a good police officer when spawned as PC, I do not see how that affects the word "Pro" in any way.

I won't really bother answering lmao, read my previous posts and u might find an answer to what u posted.