cool-down timer for respawning at same house

Bartman

Question

the suggestion:
cool-down timer for respawning at the same house.
why?
many cops (mostly squad members) have houses at almost every sr & respawns just after killing them in less than a half second, today there was a record of 3 cops respawning ~20 meters away from sr at once. (ofc this 3 + some random cops killed/arrest ~15+ crimes).

another thing is if its at turf or just somwhere random, you go turf with 10mens+ & one cop respawning in that one turf zone at his house 6542525258x times untill he arrest, and even worse if that respawning cop complains that the gang kills him at his house-spawn. same applys if you just randomly walking without car near a cop-house owner.

cons?
i cant see any, because the cool-down would only apply if you spawn at the same house.
different houses/official spawns wouldnt affect from this cooldown.

19 answers to this question

I voted no and I'll tell you why. I use the "last spawn" function when I'm DMing around either at CLO or O base, so I don't feel like waiting for some cooldown. Nevertheless, if the script only recognizes the properties spawn that I don't have much trouble with.

PS: I know that your suggestion isn't about blocking the "last spawn" function for a couple of seconds, but this might lead to something like that, so that's why I said what I said

i know what you mean kipt, having fun at respawning clo/gang/purple group/hospital etc (besides de, they are booring), to dm arround with own members, that should stay like it is. i deffinitly dont want to miss that fun aswell.
thats why i wrote 2 times, it should only apply to house spawns (i think thats possible), that way there is not any cons from it.

i know that a game should be fun & not completly realistic, but if only 3 cops can kill/arrest 15+ criminals just because owning house near sr, than its in my eyes way to unrealistic & unfair.
and if any cop will tell here that he wasted money on this sr-houses, i will personally rebuy them from everyone of you & sell again for people that needs just an house

I voted -1, I'd like to state down a few arguments on why I did that.

First of all, okay, let's take the SR in Las Venturas, Come-A-Lot for example. I will try to not even comment on how easy for the cops that SR actually is, yet because of some unknown reason criminals keep Store robbing there, like 60% of the store robberies that I see are either there or in Los Santos, Wilowfied, which is also one of the easiest SRs so far.
So, let's take Cop X for example. He has a prop 50 metres away from the SR is Come-A-Lot. As it's perfectly known, this cop X already parked a Packer behind, so he can easily arrest all of you, so, my question is, how much times should that Cop X spawn in his prop or arrest you all in the SR, to understand that SR is easy for the Cop side also that the Cop X is spawning there, so if you're a gang member, you can simply type /cc i found where the fucking cop respawns, lets camp him, so you call your budies to kill this cop faggot, also, if you're worried about the money, you either get a member staying in the SR and watching out for the percentage, or you use press Y and type tell us when the sr hits 90% so we can stop fucking this goddamn cop and get the money. Is it that difficult?

Well there was always a point to buy houses near SR and near Banks both criminals and cop side and tbh i dont even think this is possible to do with the current housing state so yeh its a no

@Bartman I know you know, you ain't mexicano like some. But knowing SAES, we would, most likely, get a cooldown to the 'last location' as an 'answer' to this suggestion.

But if @Mega9, or any other Dev, manage to get it only when a house is selected, then I support this. Otherwise, it's a no from me.

There are many SR spots that are away from any properties, why not choose one that isn't in most populated parts of the map?
With addition of three new BR places, you have plenty to choose from on that front too.

You could rob a place in San Fierro, nobody has a house there.
I don't see why everyone would need to have a cooldown just because you can't pick a less public place to rob.

@kipt
also dont touch licano! or he will come arround with edgar
i dont want aswell to have that on all spawns, but i think that devs can make it possible only on houses (& i believe that they dont want to miss the dm fun aswell), also mega9 did glue4picador, than he can make this too :dog:

@other argumments:
there are alot srs with houses included (almost all), but my point was not only about srs, it was generally.
when you pass some house & a cop respawns there 5274145x times untill arresting you its just annoying as fuck.
whats so bad having just few secs cool down before respawning at same house? what are the cons? also what are you going to miss with the cool-down? (besides playing as an annoying fuck that respawns 7468x times to arrest some criminals instead using hospital like every decent cop does?
criminals gets arrest = jail for a long time, cops can just respawn hospital if they dead, isnt that enough alrdy?

and also standing with 10 criminals to camp one house-spawn instead going to sr simply doesent work as easy as you think @ the one guy
lemme better just record an video how annoying it can be if an retarded cop use his house spawn to play like shit
(not to forget that many cops gets mad & reports you for spawn-killing, thought this cops are instantly going to arrest after spawning at theyr houses..)

@Bartman said in cool-down timer for respawning at same house:

there are alot srs with houses included (almost all), but my point was not only about srs, it was generally.
when you pass some house & a cop respawns there 5274145x times untill arresting you its just annoying as fuck.

Cops don't respawn at their house when you "just pass some house", it's not like they get a notification stating that there is a wanted player in front of their property, what are you on about?

@Bartman I do touch licano, me and everybody else. But I would love to see edgar back since apparently 2019 is being the return of old folks. #bringbackcouves

About this matter I don't have much else to say.

I was 1 of the 3 players that stop that robbery because i have a house next to it. Your problem is not the properties, the only problem that you have is this SR is next to the Point where you take the money with the bag in LS. So @DROT he is right, there are many other SR you can choose.

@James said in cool-down timer for respawning at same house:

I was 1 of the 3 players that stop that robbery because i have a house next to it. Your problem is not the properties, the only problem that you have is this SR is next to the Point where you take the money with the bag in LS. So @DROT he is right, there are many other SR you can choose.

thats by far not the only sr with houses, the one in ls beach, lv south east, north desert above old mi6 base with indian tents, sf trainstation, thats just few i remembers now out of nowhere, but there are alot more.

the randomize srs wich i hope will come, will maybe solve few srs with less houses near srs, but the problem will not gone

I am against this idea.

It feels like yet another barrier to gameplay, which I have no interest in.

It's also only possible to own 8 properties, I guarantee these same cops do not have properties around SR's in SF or Whetstone etc.

It is the fault of the criminal if you choose to do an SR where cops have houses, explore the map a bit.