Guard dogs for criminals

Berker

Question

Hello people, this must be the first time a police suggesting something for criminals. I just saw a bug report for police dogs and this idea popped up in my mind. Why criminals don't have scary hound spawns? which is unable to arrest (and maybe unable to taze). I know that police side having problems with activity and this may give an advantage to criminals however as a cop, I would enjoy trying to kill a dog and arrest its owner. I think this fits in real life.

They should have the same ability that police dogs have, running fast and slowing people down. (if Drot's suggestion gets approved it will be changed to tazing effect). I bet you guys would enjoy it a lot in turfs.

And there should be strict rules like we have for police dogs. Also only few qualified people must be allowed to spawn because we may face with 30 dogs and 1 handler chasing cops. Plus they should not be allowed in robberies / jail breaks. I would like to hear your thoughts about this.

17 answers to this question

I have mixed feelings about this suggestion.

For starters, I'd like to see criminals able to spawn dog as it would bring a greater variety to gameplay and more different encounters could be experienced for change between crims and cops. I can't think of any reasons against it either, so I can only support the suggestion.

On the other hand, something that most people are not aware of as they do not have access to PC group dog spawn that already exists, is that dog spawn can be abused way easier than it may seem. For example, dogs are able to use weapons and all they need to do is find an arms dealer, head to the local ammo store or take some from the disk. The only reason why they do not; is because they will be removed from the group for rulebreaking and will lose the access to dog spawn as whole. There are other ways to abuse related to its movement speed and model, which are also not used under threat of losing spawn access. Crim dog spawn would either need some serious restrictions scripting or simpler, being group restricted same as police dog.

In case of second solution, SAPD is already responsible for allowing cops to spawn dog, I suggest running an application based system resulting in in-game group invitation, on behalf of SAPD under guise of "dog ownership license" with clear and simple rules, for purposes of preventing spawn abuse and ability to remove rulebreakers from spawn access if found abusing. In order to spawn dog on police team, one has to go through entire SAPA education as well as obtain PC diploma, so it seems fair for criminals to at least fill out a simple forum based application.

@reket said in Guard dogs for criminals:

@DROT just make it restricted to people with 5k+ kills and problem solved

People don't stop rulebreaking because of how many kills or hours they have, they stop rulebreaking out of fear of consequences that they might face. If one such consequence is losing access to the spawn, that's a good motivation not to rulebreak. PC relied on that system for years now when it comes to police dog spawn and had no notable incidents.

Furthermore, as I previously said it is unfair towards cop players that have to spend a month in SAPA to obtain the dog spawn while you'd like to only reach 5k kills? No, you could at least spend some time writing an app.