Bank Robbery Map Icons

DROT

Question

A rather simple suggestion; BR icons.

When a bank robbery is started, an icon should appear at the bank as it does for example at SR when SR is started.
Currently there is nothing indicating that a BR is happening except for the text appearing in the top bar and if you missed reading it, tough luck!

12 answers to this question

you have Kill-Arrest in Bank Rob's why you want and this Update that he will full Unfair for the Criminals and all the banks they are here near from the hospital OR at Police Station's if that happend He will be full unfair For The Criminals.!

@Hesha said in Bank Robbery Map Icons:

@Markus @IceCold saying no without a reason is just idiotic.

Oh come on, let me make myself clear of the reason then.

You aleady have notifications to Bank Robberies, you even get it two times with a sound notification and most of the time other officers report to the radio that there has been a bank robbery in a certian city. Like, just ask in the Radio and most likely you will get answered. It is your problem if you do not pay attention where the BR is.

Are you guys comparing Kill-Arrest script that has nothing to do with this idea?There is nothing in common with this one. How is that giving any advantage of the Police team? Thinking this way, the SR shouldn't be showed as an icon as well, because its already once shown up on red, with sound. There is no advantage for the Cops, as if we get to have a blip on the map for the bank that's getting robbed, or as if you consider there is, allow the criminals to have a blip for BRs as well

@Markus said in Bank Robbery Map Icons:

You aleady have notifications to Bank Robberies, you even get it two times with a sound notification and most of the time other officers report to the radio that there has been a bank robbery in a certian city. Like, just ask in the Radio and most likely you will get answered. It is your problem if you do not pay attention where the BR is.

And this is a reason why icons shouldn't be added? Because we already have an inferior notification system?
That is like saying that someone shouldn't be allowed to colour his car red, because its blue colour is "good enough" already.
As you said we already do have notifications, this isn't bringing anything new or giving someone an advantage, it is polishing a system that already exists.

@Spicey said in Bank Robbery Map Icons:

you have Kill-Arrest in Bank Rob's why you want and this Update that he will full Unfair for the Criminals and all the banks they are here near from the hospital OR at Police Station's if that happend He will be full unfair For The Criminals.!

What does changing BR notifications from text to icon have anything to do with absolutely anything of what you just wrote?

A ripple/ring sort of animation around the $ icon of the bank being robbed would IMO be the best solution. helps both crims and cops find their way to banks like TR and RC.
alt text

@Spicey said in Bank Robbery Map Icons:

this is more like a GPS feature and only use is to let people from both sides know which bank is being robbed.

i don't see why you're making such a big objection here, what harm is done adding a flashing blip? even i have trouble locating TR bank regardless if im spawned drug dealer or trainee. it's a win win, both sides will benefit from it.

An extra notification for both sides would cause an even more crowded chaos inside banks, which is pretty realistic, actual bank roberries are a chaos.

There's a chance that cop-side gets slightly assisted from the change mainly cause every official gang organizes and gathers members of almost every other gang to enhance the defense that will be provided at its bank robbery. So since the majority of the "experienced" criminals that are in gangs are already there, gang-less criminals and whole cop-side are notified. Now, regarding gangless criminals, some of them could end up being a good addition in defending the bank robbery, some others could potentially tank bullets that are shot towards cops, helping the cop-side in a way.Also I've experienced my self getting shot and killed while cracking safes by a newbie, I assume he wanted to see what that red marker in front of safes does and it was fine by me since there was a back up cracker at that time. Same though can happen with inexperienced trainees that could possibly interfere with squad's tactics on how to breach through the defense and stop the bank robbery.

Leaving aside the speculations of how it could affect any side, a newbie, no matter which side he decided to start with, should experience a bank robbery as soon as possible, it may catch his eye and make the server seem more interesting to him, giving him one more reason to stay online and explore the server more.

+1

alt text