[Suggestion] Replace Ford Crown Vic Police with Chevrolet Caprice 1993 LSPD SA Style

Dovahkiin

Replaceing  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What would you want?

• Chevrolet Caprice 1993 LSPD SA Style
    • Ford Crown Vic Police

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/11/23 at 09:00

Question

Simple as it is replaceing Ford Crown Vic Police with Chevrolet Caprice 1993 LSPD SA Style.
Reason, nobody drives it, need something new and refreshing for police car, handling of the car is like driving a boat, it flips over at every turn. Suggestion change it to Chevrolet Caprice and make the car a little more stable.
Pictures and link of Chevrolet Caprice 1993 LSPD SA Style: https://www.gtaall.com/gta-san-andreas/cars/131112-chevrolet-caprice-1993-lspd-sa-style.html

Spoiler

810197-gta-sa-2020-06-22-11-11-01-914.jpg
810204-gta-sa-2020-06-22-11-11-12-409.jp

Express your opinion in the comments below!

Edited by Dovahkiin
  • Like 1

13 answers to this question

I'm going to close the suggestion with a few comments 

Currently only the Clan polls mods. We monitor feedback across the server and other platforms for any mods people would be interested in however.

The Crown Vic mod will stay, unless the clan polls with enough votes in favor of removing it - but to that I will say it is unlikely to happen. As DROT said, we might be ok with replacing lesser used civilian vehicles if we were to poll a new police cruiser. The handling of the Crown Vic is something we're currently discussing, but the weight bonus for PIT maneuvres will stay.

The code that enables servers to set new ID's is not entirely consistent, for which reason we deem it unreliable at this point, but we have been keeping a close eye on its development since 2017 and are very interested in its possibilities. For this reason, the Huey mod that we discussed internally also didn't pass as it would take away the iconic Maverick from the community.

I also want to clarify that suggestions aren't decided by one single person, we usually review most internally with the clan and have development/creative which has a set of criterias for what can actually go on our server for quality and security reasons, help determine what works best for us. Also, of course we need to think about what does the server realistically need right now and, what is mostly just adding bloat/dead content

• Like 2

Opinion on the appearance of the vehicle aside, the car drives the way it does because it was modified to be a ramming vehicle. It was given far more weight in comparison to other police vehicles and handling/speed/acceleration reduction to match that perk. Changing its appearance does not mean that its handling will be altered.

On the other hand Sultan and Buffalo versions were made to drive exactly the same as one another and are both high-speed chase vehicles. If high speed and maneuverability is what you wish to see as part of this newly suggested vehicle mod, it would probably be wiser to suggest that visual mod for either Sultan (which too is rarely used) or Buffalo.

What is currently Crown Victoria is unlikely to have its handling changed to match the other two because it serves a different, specific purpose unfulfilled by any other police vehicles.

• Like 2

I like it, but there are other Chevrolet caprice mods which are better, but I like it. Just like there are the first crown vics models from 2nd gen 1998 which are better than ours..

https://www.gtaall.com/gta-san-andreas/cars/158859-chevrolet-caprice-1992-lapd.html

https://www.gtaall.com/gta-san-andreas/cars/158069-ford-crown-victoria-1998-cvpi-lapd.html

https://libertycity.net/files/gta-san-andreas/117733-retro-lspd-ford-crown-victoria-polcie.html

47 minutes ago, DROT said:

Opinion on the appearance of the vehicle aside, the car drives the way it does because it was modified to be a ramming vehicle. It was given far more weight in comparison to other police vehicles and handling/speed/acceleration reduction to match that perk. Changing its appearance does not mean that its handling will be altered.

On the other hand Sultan and Buffalo versions were made to drive exactly the same as one another and are both high-speed chase vehicles. If high speed and maneuverability is what you wish to see as part of this newly suggested vehicle mod, it would probably be wiser to suggest that visual mod for either Sultan (which too is rarely used) or Buffalo.

What is currently Crown Victoria is unlikely to have its handling changed to match the other two because it serves a different, specific purpose unfulfilled by any other police vehicles.

I got your point, and thanks for the info which I wasn't very much informed. Not to complicate things too much is it possible to leave handling of the car but just raplace the crown vic with chevy? (if the community agrees on it) I think asthetics of the chevy is more appealing and like I mentioned above something new and refreshing.

Edited by Dovahkiin

I would not use it more if it was a reshader of the same vehicle with the same behaviour. 

Although the vehicle might have different charackteristics, all police vehicles are very capable of ramming, I wouldn't say that this one would be better at ramming myself. 

I am curious what the top speed of this vehicle is compared to FBI Rancher, as FBI rancher has a very powerfull ram. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Weppo said:

I would not use it more if it was a reshader of the same vehicle with the same behaviour. 

Although the vehicle might have different charackteristics, all police vehicles are very capable of ramming, I wouldn't say that this one would be better at ramming myself. 

I am curious what the top speed of this vehicle is compared to FBI Rancher, as FBI rancher has a very powerfull ram. 

yes, I quoted Drot above and mentioned "Not to complicate things too much is it possible to leave handling of the car but just raplace the crown vic with chevy? (if the community agrees on it) I think asthetics of the chevy is more appealing and like I mentioned above something new and refreshing." So my question is do you mind if crown vic would be replaced with chevy? We can see how things will go in future.

Edited by Dovahkiin

To make a conclusion, from this suggestion. Vehicle handling and balance stays the same. Only what it is replacing crow vic with chevy model. I'll put the date on poll to close on 30.11.2023.  if the 70% or above of community wants swap of model can it be replaced @DROT ? So to 30.11. everyone can vote and write their opinion after that it can be closed. 

Edited by Dovahkiin

4 hours ago, Dovahkiin said:

To make a conclusion, from this suggestion. Vehicle handling and balance stays the same. Only what it is replacing crow vic with chevy model. I'll put the date on poll to close on 30.11.2023.  if the 70% or above of community wants swap of model can it be replaced @DROT ? So to 30.11. everyone can vote and write their opinion after that it can be closed. 

There is no guarantee that a vehicle mod will be added whatever the outcome of a vote is, but it certainly becomes more likely to happen the more people vote in its favour.

However it is worth mentioning that a new police vehicle mod does not necessarily need to replace an already existing police vehicle mod or even be added to a current police vehicle. It could potentially be added to one of many other unused civilian 4-door vehicles instead. Consider creating a separate poll purely for gathering of support for this or any other police vehicle mod - which vehicle it will end up being applied to can be decided afterwards. Unless of course you want to replace specifically Crown Victoria for whatever reason.

6 hours ago, Weppo said:

While all vehicles will ram successfully based on their acceleration and speed at the time of impact, increased weight means that a vehicle won't come to a stop, change direction or take off the ground as easily after collision as a low weight vehicle would in comparison. Prime example of this is the Enforcer with its massive weight which means that it can often plow through multiple vehicles like a hot knife through butter, even while moving at relatively low speeds.

14 minutes ago, DROT said:

There is no guarantee that a vehicle mod will be added whatever the outcome of a vote is, but it certainly becomes more likely to happen the more people vote in its favour.

However it is worth mentioning that a new police vehicle mod does not necessarily need to replace an already existing police vehicle mod or even be added to a current police vehicle. It could potentially be added to one of many other unused civilian 4-door vehicles instead. Consider creating a separate poll purely for gathering of support for this or any other police vehicle mod - which vehicle it will end up being applied to can be decided afterwards. Unless of course you want to replace specifically Crown Victoria for whatever reason.

got i, the decision is certainly the same replacing crown vic with chevy. If it's ok, if not, no

7 minutes ago, Dovahkiin said:

got i, the decision is certainly the same replacing crown vic with chevy. If it's ok, if not, no

The only real difference is that your suggestion will as of now be voted against by people who like Crown Victoria and would like to keep it.
However those same players might actually also like and be in favour of adding your suggested mod if it did not mean replacing a car that they like.

But whatever you end up choosing to suggest is okay. It is after all only a suggestion.

Edited by DROT

3 hours ago, DROT said:

However those same players might actually also like and be in favour of adding your suggested mod if it did not mean replacing a car that they like.

I'm unsure if mta has added it already or if it is still in the works right now. But they were working on it being possible to add new vehicle id's rather than replacing existing models. I'll try to find it. 

Edit: couldn't find it, if it exists tut would know. I did find a mod which claims it does this which was made with help from mta devs.

Edited by Weppo

13 hours ago, Weppo said:

I'm unsure if mta has added it already or if it is still in the works right now. But they were working on it being possible to add new vehicle id's rather than replacing existing models. I'll try to find it. 

You can already add new model IDs, of objects and vehicles with the engineRequestModel function, I already suggested that to SAES in order to make a T-72B tank model based on the Rhino model (with all its sounds, etc) and leave the original Rhino model ID for an Abrams M1A2 for there to be two tanks.

Unfortunately SAES development team is like 99% inactive, they're only able to patch and fix things up so they're not gonna add things in the long term, I suggested a long time ago to Tut a model I slightly retextured for SAES to replace the Maverick vehicle with the Huey helicopter, and there was a military variant and a civilian variant, but devs don't care, plus you can't suggest vehicle replacements so he realized that and denied it and passed it to SAES and you know what the answer was, it was ignored, nobody from SAES DMed me back.

You have more chances to get suggestions done by the community's contributors aka Jord, Jonas, Infinity, and or Steven than SAES itself, but there is this thing, getting Nanobob's approval upon a "close" quality assurance review.. And that is a different thing.

Spoiler

A Soviet T-72B unusually without ERA on the turret.GTA San Andreas T-72 V2 Mod - GTAinside.com

M1A2

M1A2 Abrams OIF Tamiya 35269

and a M1A1

M1a1 abrams in gulf war 1991 fotografías e imágenes de alta resolución -  Alamy

M1 Abrams Tank Is Still King of the Battlefield

gulf war 1991

Edited by General
  • Like 1