[FEATURE] Second-hand vehicle garage[FEEDBACK REQUIRED]

Turbo

Question

Hello dear developers and citizens of San Andreas. I was driving around with my Super GT and suddenly noticed that I was in need of money so I decided to sell my Super GT. There are two ways on the server to sell your vehicle, the first one is by selling it to the carshop and getting a refund of 50% (if I am right) and the other way is by selling it to another player for the price you wish. So I asked myself why there is not any second-hand vehicle garage (like in FiveM) where you can place your vehicle and keep it there 24/7 untill someone decides to buy it. I mean that is an easier way to sell your vehicle and people might visit the garage if they need a car for a cheap price or something. I would like to see this on the server if it's possible to script ofcourse and you can also watch the video below to get an idea about it.

17 answers to this question

And this may also help the newcomers on the server. We can suggest them to visit the carshop if they have enough money or else the second-hand garage where they can find vehicles for cheap prices (since they will start with a zero bank balance). So that will be much easier for them to find/buy vehicles.

This can be done soon (manually) with a ScsA member (you will give him your car and tell him like sell my car for atleast 5 mil and after a week he will give you it back or give you its money but you will have to pay him a commission up to 10% often price you have to make a dealing the member who will do it for more informations join the ScsA discord server https://discord.gg/KceQVSUq

Honestly, I think this could be a good way to improve the current ALT GR selling section. I remember when the function was re-introduced, we as CC wanted to incorporate it into the current CC LV base. The 2 bays on which "Showroom" vehicles are currently placed, were ment to be used for this kind of stuff.

I made the same setup for Racetech base, both containing 1 or 2 bays which can be used for displaying a vehicle. Introducing a marker @ the desk in which the other vehicles can be listed, shown and/or tested would increase the possibility of someone finding a new vehicle that fits thier needs, probably already upgraded in the best ( or worst ) possible way.

To further spread out the options, another Second hand vehicle location can be made in CC SF, where since the early days, the bays are in use by non-useable vehicles.

We might need to consider only showing basic vehicles & no nanoshop vehicles, as some take up quite a lot of space/ objects, which can cause lag in certain areas/ for certain people.

It might be enough to introduce a selling spot in form of a window containing text rather than having access to physical cars, while it would I presume also be way easier script.

A list of vehicles that players set for sale alongside written specifications and price of said vehicles, such as upgrades or colour codes. Something like auction houses found in many mmo games. You do not need to have access to or see the actual vehicle to know what it looks like or what it comes with.

Testing the vehicle on the other hand could be part of regular car shop, the same racing track that is currently found in Nanoshop. There is after all no real need to test the player sold car, when the generic vehicle that you could test in a car shop has identical performance to player owned car.

Yes, as @DROT said there is no need of physical place to store the cars. Though it is possible to have something similar to impounded thing where our cars are placed at the building and once we pay the money, the car becomes accessible. However, GUI thing is much better as it will induce less load on the server and will be lot easy to deal with.
The scenario would be quite easy itself. Just open the GUI with a command (or it can also be added in M panel), look at all the available cars for sell, their modifications and prices and just simply buy it from there or if you want to test it anyways, just contact the seller as car owner name would be in panel too alongside the car.