G/S Leaderboards

Ikzelf

Question

It gives groups a new spot to fight for. Stuff that can be shown is
- Arrested / Arrests
- Broken out of jail / Put back in jail
- SR / SR Stopped
- Bankrobs / Bankrobs Stopped
- Turfs (How long a gang keeps a turf * the amount of turfs a gang holds) / Members arrested in turf (Or if the 'neutral' turfs get introduced)
- Max players online

This can also be done with multiple leaderboards
- Daily
- Weekly
- Monthly
- Yearly

This way 'core' activity should also be easier to monitor for GM.
Could also be tied with rewards for gangs/squad.

20 answers to this question

@ikzelf said in G/S Leaderboards:

This way 'core' activity should also be easier to monitor for GM.

I agree. It was a little bit odd for me to login yesterday and see FBI with 8 online holding jail and not letting anyone escape just after a few days that they had a GM warning. This way GM can monitor ingame activities of a certain organization and compare it with media archive to see if it's a match so that gangs can't fake the activity on forums that they dont even have ingame and the level results would be more accurate.

@ikzelf said in G/S Leaderboards:

Could also be tied with rewards for gangs/squad.

I think level 2 and above should be able to get it.

Overall, great suggestion. Thumbs up.

I'll quote myself:

I do like @Ikzelf idea. There was a guy not long ago suggesting an "infamous" lvl, just like PD2. His reasons was that gangs once reach lvl 5 they sit to do nothing instead of keeping their activity up or doing something that isn't boring.
I do not fully agree with him but @Ikzelf idea is kind of a response, gang and squad members wouln't be without anything to do, instead they will always be in a small and healthy competition between them.
Pretty sure that will push a lot the activity from gang and squad members and maybe that could lower the gap between cop activity and crim activity within the day. Since there's a time in the day where there's way more cops than crims and there's also a time in the day where there's way more criminals than cops.

im in for a leaderboards/hiscores. i do recall suggesting it before too, it would indeed be cool. don't think it should have regular kills/deaths/arrests although turfwar kills/deaths/arrests would be cool. don't think it would be abused the same way

@tut-greco said in G/S Leaderboards:

im in for a leaderboards/hiscores. i do recall suggesting it before too, it would indeed be cool. don't think it should have regular kills/deaths/arrests although turfwar kills/deaths/arrests would be cool. don't think it would be abused the same way

Maybe. Arrests is a must honestly. I didn't mention kills and honestly don't think its usefull to know. Its not tracked either by the current invidual stats system

I like, but then for almost everything to be tracked. From truck deliveries, to storerobs done, bankrobs done, but for example also drug/transport/arms deliveries done etc.

It would add a more competitive feel to the current gamemode.

@blade said in G/S Leaderboards:

I like, but then for almost everything to be tracked. From truck deliveries, to storerobs done, bankrobs done, but for example also drug/transport/arms deliveries done etc.

It would add a more competitive feel to the current gamemode.

Indeed that could be a long(er) term goal. I didn't include groups on purpose since Groups do not have a competitive game yet. (sorry alt). I think having something small, which are the main activities, to begin with seems like a good way to test out if it encourages more competition between gangs and squads.

Things like arms/drug/pizza/... sold, deliveries made (trucking or arms), stars bribed, total ingame time, etc.. are ofcourse a happy addition if the system supports it.

this can have one negative side and that is - squads are going to turn into trainee like organizations just so they could get biger stats.
keep on mind that different organisations have different roles and rules so looking at it just in numbers is a wrong way if you ask me.
If this is going to get implemented, new system should really be well prepared to avoid down sides.

@MatizZ said in G/S Leaderboards:

@Infinity said in G/S Leaderboards:

I have prepared a script for this suggestion. @SAES-Developer

Thats nice ! Could you share video or some screens so we (community) will see it atleast :))

Script is completely server-sided. There's no panels to show or anything. I just made a code so the gang's stats can be saved to a database. Turfs, bank robberies, store robberies and every other criminal/gang activity job would have to be updated and the new exports line added to it so gang's stat can start to be tracked.

I can make a leaderboard panel separately and connected to this resource but I rather let SAES do that themselves by updating the gang script and adding a new 'Stats' tab into /gang and using this resource I made to export the gang's stats and even make a 'Compare Stats' feature (as it's possible with the code I made) to compare other stats with other existing gangs in the server.

Exports: getGangStat, createGangStat, addGangStat, addPlayerGangStat