So I made a script for SAES..

Silence

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I have had a conversation with Bob today about this matter. After all, I think you are just showing what you want people to see while your script just was not good enough for the server. Also, TheKiller has also not been honest to us about his ''scripting skills'' either. Think you just need to get better at scripting. Maybe Bob's way of telling you was too direct, but that is just how Dutch people are. Rethinking my words, I think you should stop making drama and just get on with it.

I start to question their actual moral intention.

man look at your moral intentions you want to include a useless script, whatever was the cost

turns into telling me that 3 + 1 = 4 is the only right way and that 2 + 2 = 4 is wrong

well in your case it's not the same saying not true instead of false
is like saying i don't hate your mom instead of loving your mom
and if your script working.
i want to tell you a small information you should've been told in the university as your a programer,
Scripts/programs are no more tested just on their operational style but on their writing style
so if you are really a programer with such knowledge you need to read your books and review your lessons again or you will end up as a hobo honey.

@silence said in So I made a script for SAES..:

However contacting Brophy or Tombaa won't help.

Why do you say that? I know Tombaa is a big fat penguin, but Brophy is a nice nigga.

Once someones understanding of 'criticism' turns into telling me that 3 + 1 = 4 is the only right way and that 2 + 2 = 4 is wrong - I start to question their actual moral intention.

From what I understood, ain't the outcome that's in question but how you got there. in your example, you just used sums with 2 single digits and let's face it, there are thousands of sums (and not only) to get the 'right' outcome.

My examples now: 2+2=4 (like you show us before) but 100-96=4, also 50+12,5*2-71=4, same goes for 32/8=4 - Do you see my point?

@Silence I think you misunderstood the reason why I'm simply against what you're saying and I quote:

"Currently we have a new feature 2 times a year. I have the capability and potential to push in a new feature pretty much every 2 weeks. But I am not allowed to."

I don't see how you aren't allowed, you've been here enough time to post these ideas, yet only a radio script, have you read again what you're saying above? No hate man but meh.

Maybe you don't know there's a section to post your script suggestions, yet you made a whole topic attacking someone in General Chat because he supposedly doesn't let you post your amazing features, am I the crazy one here?

I'm just giving my view as there's freedom of speech to say you're talking without proving, there's no negative or positive comments, just neutral. I'd just like to hear your ideas, maybe you do have them deeply hidden in your ass preparing to come out, or it's just such a big poo it won't come through.

As you can probably read from Kain's reply already, this is a lost battle. There is no way to make (s)HQ realize what is going on and take responsibility with some radical steps. I didn't review your code, but I am pretty sure that it's no coincidence that people have similar feelings as other devs did while interacting with Nano about development.

I was alerted about this topic and reflected my opinion which you can read here; (the situation is still not limited to this, its a brief description and i had proper case examples, better than Silence)
alt text

I censored the name of my chat partner to protect him (he wouldn't make friends with Nanobob for his words otherwise).
As you can see I initially didn't want to empathasize on the issues towards the public, but the course this topic is running and some responses made me rethink that. I also really don't care about this whole matter anymore, these are just my 2 cents, this whole complaint all sounds too familiar not to support its essentials. Although there's a chance that HQ will consider censoring my post because it may painfully expose some problems.

@kipt said in So I made a script for SAES..:

However contacting Brophy or Tombaa won't help.

Why do you say that? I know Tombaa is a big fat penguin, but Brophy is a nice nigga.

You sir, may suck a big fat cock.

As for other parts in the topic, Kain has already pretty much said what I'd have so ignore my message if you thought I was going to add to the topic

@thek said in So I made a script for SAES..:

:::

As you can probably read from Kain's reply already, this is a lost battle. There is no way to make (s)HQ realize what is going on and take responsibility with some radical steps. I didn't review your code, but I am pretty sure that it's no coincidence that people have similar feelings as other devs did while interacting with Nano about development.

I was alerted about this topic and reflected my opinion which you can read here; (the situation is still not limited to this, its a brief description and i had proper case examples, better than Silence)
alt text

I censored the name of my chat partner to protect him (he wouldn't make friends with Nanobob for his words otherwise).
As you can see I initially didn't want to empathasize on the issues towards the public, but the course this topic is running and some responses made me rethink that. I also really don't care about this whole matter anymore, these are just my 2 cents, this whole complaint all sounds too familiar not to support its essentials. Although there's a chance that HQ will consider censoring my post because it may painfully expose some problems.

:::

well, calling someone autist because he refuses other opinions when he got something stick in his mind lol, then i can call 50% of the people i knew in this life as autists
nano is talented at scripting, and sadly people nowadays are hunting those who are good to rise because they can't in a good way.
ok insult me, hate me but i want to tell you idgaf maybe he is showing off by always being right while complaining (that's what i noticed from people and from communities i joinned) but the truth is he is one of the best scripters in saes currently
i'm not telling myths or something you can open this and read read if you can
I'm no one to say that but i stated my opinion and i support him even with the bench of stories all will start telling. for the simple reason that everyone is talented at that from the first to the last person on earth.

Well, since we started talking about Nanobob's attitude, here's the only thing I remember that happened between me and him
(mentioning the fact that i have never done anything wrong, never ever been legitimately punished on the server for rulebreaking, i know him since he was noob SS and had nothing to do with SAES but never really talked to him because i never really liked him for some reason [and i fairly trust that my intuiton was right])

Ok, so:
-> be me
-> be drunk in 2016 late night
-> somehow i logged in into my old forgotten 2009(?) account (i sincerely have no idea how i managed it, i still cant remember the password nor the account name, probably was something i used on other games, it was pure wtf-luck)
-> i immediately realised what i had done since i had less than 100k in my bank and i was not HS/CLO anymore kek
-> login on my current account
-> contacted some admins to talk about this matter
-> they told me to talk to SAES HQ, everyone was super cool about it, told me they understood and that nothing's gonna happen
-> see nanobob on
-> didn't really want to talk to him since i somehow felt like he wasn't the right person
-> but here i am panicking about getting banned by nanobob (yeah that's ironic isn't it)
-> wtf do i do now? all HQs inactive ingame and i wanna solve this asap
-> i politely contacted nanobob to talk about this matter, thinking i could have a rational discussion and maybe get rid of the old account - i would never login on it anyways, I just wanted to let SAES members and HQ know of my mistake, maybe get the old account disabled)
-> i ask him if we can have a "party" conversation, he says "ok"
-> i explain him what happened, he starts calling me names (retarded, idiot, stupid) and saying stuff like (how can u even do that you mong). Generally treating me like the last gypsy scum on earth without any right to live. I felt really insulted and attacked considering that there was no friendship tie between us for him to afford calling me that (and he looked pretty serious about it).
-> i eventually chill him out, got away without getting banned as he promised he would do
I just wanted to sort something out and i got shitted on, insulted, threatened and so on. Ain't SAES HQ the people that are supposed to be the most understanding and the most helpful of them all?

Our chat was a bit long, but I don't feel like bragging how he insulted me for half an hour anymore. I just want to point out the difference between him and the rest of the staff members.

• Why does he have to be THAT superior guy?

• Why does he have to make others feel so inferior?

• Why does he feel like everything he does is right?

• Why does he not accept or at least try to understand other's opinions and mistakes?

• HOW COULD EVERY OTHER SAES MEMBER UNDERSTAND MY SITUATION AND ACT SO COOL ABOUT IT YET HE STARTED ACTING LIKE A 10 YEAR OLD TRYING TO SHOW DOMINANCE??

SAES is a community, which means we all should come up with ideas to improve the general experience on the server, right? I honestly understand Silence's point. I feel like it's not about his radio script, nor how Nano acted in those conversations posted above, it's about Nano's general attitude towards everyone on the server including his colleagues .

When he's online, people are afraid to have fun (by that i mean SAES members too). I guess they are just fed up giving explanations to someone that won't even listen or care about anyone's actions other than his :)
Yeah, yeah, there might be people that are getting along with him but trust me on this, it's the smallest fraction of the community :D

All those being said, i don't have the energy nor the interest to continue writing anymore. Understand whatever you want, take it as you wish, if you get my point god bless you, if not please restrain yourself from replying.

Thank you for reading
Sincerely,
yours drunk Lamza again

@m7mod said in So I made a script for SAES..:

What about locking this topic?

At my view, this become a topic on saying what people think about Nano. And since people want to give their opinions about him, just let them, instead of locking this and let those people accumulate that anger throws him.

I can't say or speak about this as well as clan members and even more Devs, that work with him daily. I can, however, talk from self-experience.

All the contact I had with Nano I can't recall any major beef with the guy. I talked with him on various matters and I could see the 'my idea is my idea and if you don't like it, fuck you' point commenting in here. But unless the 'main idea' is yours and he's only helping you, I don't see why to get bothered with that. Of course, if you want something to be uploaded to the server, and since he's the one dealing with that, it's your job to, at least, try out his suggestions about your code.

@TheK, I fully understand your frustration to try to get something new to the server and getting blocked just because that MIGHT happen in Katla or because you're making v1.4 'great again'. I feel however that the problem lies with the HQ team since the start (of deving katla) since they could just tell Nano to focus only on Katla and let v1.4 to any other scripter. (I was going to say Mega, but the nigga was inactive at the time if I recall properly.)

I've always found it funny that on SAES there's no burden of proof.

We can go from calling Nanobob autistic while sharing private messages to saying he treats people like "last gypsy scum on earth without any right to live." without any evidence backing up any claim.

Just tall tales. It's interesting as well that it will all be believed, because people want to believe it.

Not saying any of these things didn't happen or are not true, but there's nothing to suggest they did other than the word of some people without any factual evidence. Can just call Nanobob whatever you want or make up any story about him, people will believe it because they want to, not because it's true.

@joe said in So I made a script for SAES..:

I've always found it funny that on SAES there's no burden of proof.

We can go from calling Nanobob autistic while sharing private messages to saying he treats people like "last gypsy scum on earth without any right to live." without any evidence backing up any claim.

Just tall tales. It's interesting as well that it will all be believed, because people want to believe it.

Not saying any of these things didn't happen or are not true, but there's nothing to suggest they did other than the word of some people without any factual evidence. Can just call Nanobob whatever you want or make up any story about him, people will believe it because they want to, not because it's true.

that's the main problem no one knows the truth

"Which other developers am I able to contact for final approval? I can't find any information. And are they able to push it onto the server, if approved again?"

As I said in the above post, you can contact any dev and get them to give it a preliminary look over if you don't feel 100% to contact NanoBob straight away but in the end it'll always get the final check over by him.

"Where would you categorize this script? It is not a major game changing feature, neither is it a new large addon. It is a update to a current system that people were unsatisfied with."

Despite this being neither, the minor fix rule applies to official trusted devs only.

But professional shit aside, that's the second time you've used the 'older and more experienced' reasoning. If you knew anything, you'd know age means fuck all and you can be a mong at any age.

(And @TheK you can keep fueling your opinion into as many random members of the community as you like and posting screenshots but remember they're always going to agree with you regardless when they're receiving your 1 sided biased end of everything.

And the fact you feel the need to still just go around and say oh he's got autism n shit still just shows you're still persisting with your person attack against NanoBob,lol)

@kain said in So I made a script for SAES..:

As you can see, the first guideline states that the entire HQ team is responsible for deciding which conceptual things get added to the server and not specifically NanoBob so in no way can he decline anything based on its conceptual details.

As I said in the above post, you can contact any dev and get them to give it a preliminary look over if you don't feel 100% to contact NanoBob straight away but in the end it'll always get the final check over by him.

?

As you can see, the first guideline states that the entire HQ team is responsible for deciding which conceptual things get added to the server and not specifically NanoBob so in no way can he decline anything based on its conceptual details.

?

What's so hard to undrestand ? NanoBob has to check the code quality and then the entire HQ team can decide whether it's gonna be added or not after they get the confirmation from Bob that it's all good

(And @TheK you can keep fueling your opinion into as many random members of the community as you like and posting screenshots but remember they're always going to agree with you regardless when they're receiving your 1 sided biased end of everything.

And the fact you feel the need to still just go around and say oh he's got autism n shit still just shows you're still persisting with your person attack against NanoBob,lol)

Exactly !

Nanobob couldn't even get his server KATLA done within nearly two years other than posting diaries for everything he's done so far and we couldn't even try out the scripts on the test server which they never opened.

I see you guys are complaining about how small this script is but if you take a look at the modshop script(made by Nanobob) then you'd really understand it doesn't fit the "RPG" mode either. The community players are driving around with gigantic monsters and destroying the cars of other people, ruining their fun which means there will be more reports and staff members will have to take care of it.

I personally think that Nanobob could've done more for the SAES other than pointing out that he's busy developing KATLA and he can't devote his time to this server. Let's get to the point where I don't understand, if you're really busy with your server for approximately two years then why are you still restricting other players and developers from making script and pissing them off? No hard feelings but they've done more than what you did within the past months. If I were you on your position, I'd actually thank them for doing most of the work. If you don't get time because of the real life problems then you can step off from your position and let other developers take it instead, they'd also be motivated to do the work and they'd actually devote time to the SAES.

I've been here for a quite long time and I've seen good suggestions which never got implemented and I don't understand why a script which doesn't even match the gameplay which would bring up more problems can be implemented and they just can't. Not to forget that people who actually used to make suggestions has left the community because they know it's a dead end(no wonder why).

MTA is indeed an old game, but if you really take a look at other servers then you can see that it's still possible to implement great scripts. Everyone would consider Nanobob a good scripter because of his position within the clan, but that's not really the problem because as far as I can see it, he actually pisses developers off than appreciating their effort. what I'd suggest for developers is that you can go somewhere else and contribute your skills into something which would be appreciated by someone else, at least you'd have the motivation to implement more scripts, otherwise it would seem that it's a waste of time around here.

I see a handful of people who literally quote the paragraphs and answer them. Why not let the leader of developers "Nanobob" answer them instead? I'm pretty sure he has a tounge and can respond to the complaints made up on this topic.

The outcome is obvious though. SAESHQ(probably Kain) will quote the paragraphs with a few community players and keep answering them for Nanobob. I personally believe SAESHQ doesn't even give a shit about what's going on their server, they just fool people and they say they'll come up with a new server to keep the donations coming in for a server which rarely gets developed on the terms of major scripts. The best example to this would be to go inactive for about a year and come back, you'll notice that there's nothing changed but new players instead.

If you're really wondering then I rarely play on the server nowadays so don't tell me not to play because I don't like what's going on the server.

@deu said in So I made a script for SAES..:

Everyone would consider Nanobob a good scripter because of his position within the clan, but that's not really the problem because as far as I can see it, he actually pisses developers off than appreciating their effort. what I'd suggest for developers is that you can go somewhere else and contribute your skills into something which would be appreciated by someone else, at least you'd have the motivation to implement more scripts, otherwise it would seem that it's a waste of time around here.

Couldn't say it better. I fully agree with @Deu and completelly support his position regarding this topic. I've already been in quite many arguments with @NanoBob myself and the end resoult of those were SAES HQ's covering his ass as appearently he's the only good scripter (I don't agree with that AT ALL, but specially @Kain makes it look like so.) Anyway without getting too far away from the main topic, this argument between @NanoBob and @Silence is indeed a thing on their own, but the difference is, that @NanoBob for some reason gets more support... I wonder how many asslickers have posted here just to look cool.

I even more support @Deu as he's completelly right, I've made myself A HUGE LOT of suggestions back in the day, where they had COMPLETE support and looked like AWESOME additions, but obviously "We're busy with another thing" guys, there have been games developed in less time, if you don't have time for such a thing, step away, let OTHERS do it for you, if you have to be working on another project, allow DECENT people take over this one, you can't have your fat ass seated over two thrones at the same time, no one can.

But probably as always, @Kain will pop up with a "Shut up everyone or you'll be banned" or some bullshit like that and this topic will be closed, so I don't even see any reasons to go on with how stupid this matter is.

If I was an HQ I would make an official poll about this so players and other staff/admins can decide what they want about this situation! We have here many complains, people who say hes a good guy, people who says that he is a bad one. So lets make an official poll what players and others want, demoting him in HQ or staying in HQ.
I think thats best, reasonable and mature way to decide on that, we need to respect democracy!
Note: only stating my opinon on this situation what I would done if I were in charge( I'm not in charge so you can ignore it if you want), not on situation who is good guy who is bad guy so dont be angry on me!!! You need to promote love not hate mans!
here is a cute cat with a bread arround his head
alt text

@TheK Thats very shitty what u are doing, there is nothing wrong with criticizing someone but the way u posting ss of you and someone else talking about how nanobob is different cuz he is born with autism disorder, thats just the shittest thing ever.

You are only making someone feel like an outsider cuz of something they cant help and no one deserves that. nanobob may be arrogant and bossy but atleast he isnt using someone's disorder to their advantage to win a argument in a online forum. personally only for this reason I would choose nanobob being a dev 100 times than seeing u ever being back to saes.
you could have cut out that portion of the SS but no you had to use it to your advantage, shows how low one can fall to win a argument.
That was just shitty, I hope you understand what I am trying to say and imagine what u would feel if u had autism and people blamed everything u did on ur autism.