[SUGGESTION] TURF WAR

Petrow

Question

Some time has passed and I wanna make a suggestion again about headshot in turfs. It's still apparent that sniper headshot is too op of a feature, with most kills in turfs being done by sniper (check kill list during wars or join them). Adding a HS feature to 1 gun only has just disbalanced things.

The sniper hs was added to SF, Bayside, whetstone turfs only at first but then recklessly added to all zones which is too much. Some players still wanna enjoy original turf combat so I suggest to have sniper hs removed from half of the turf zones, the other half could still remain with the HS so both sides would be pleased

• Answers 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I also never was a fan of the sniper headshotting in turfs. (Hated it way back in the day (talking like 2013 ish) when i was in DE as well because in CLO/DE wars it just became a sniping contest, making all other weapons useless / unused. And I noticed the same when turfing as SoA about a year to half a year ago.

I would thus be in favour of splitting it up half in half. Although, just spitballing ideas here, what about if every time you start a turf you had a chance of a random weapon being picked for headshot (which of course would have to show up on screen somewhere). This I think could create a relatively dynamic turfing experience (albeit maybe not the most realistic option)

If doing so we might want to look into only allowing certain weapons, or giving weapons like M4 a (much) lower chance of being picked as headshot weapon.

@nanobob said in [SUGGESTION] TURF WAR:

I would thus be in favour of splitting it up half in half. Although, just spitballing ideas here, what about if every time you start a turf you had a chance of a random weapon being picked for headshot (which of course would have to show up on screen somewhere). This I think could create a relatively dynamic turfing experience (albeit maybe not the most realistic option)

If doing so we might want to look into only allowing certain weapons, or giving weapons like M4 a (much) lower chance of being picked as headshot weapon.

You actually gave a good idea. It is obvious that SAES hardly incorporates realism in activities so I don't know why should we check off this one. It will cause a more dynamic feel + fun.

@nanobob sounds incredibly annoying to play against haha, imagine you go to the turf and let RNG be the deciding factor of whether or not you die. Making it random would make it annoying to play against and remove a big skill factor in actually staying alive.

@NanoBob what about giving all the weapons a boost when you hit on the head?
For example:
Deagle does the same damage as sniper, It would be good to HS with it (used on close combats)
Colt (I dont know what is the current damage) but lets suppose its 10, when you hit the head you does 20damage instead of 10
Ak-47 + M4 same as above instead of 20damage do it 40
Not necessarily a oneshot, but giving a small boost when you hit on the head by "x" gun
This would give more prominence to different weapons.
Its just an opinion (yes stolen from other game)

@arctic said in [SUGGESTION] TURF WAR:

@nanobob sounds incredibly annoying to play against haha, imagine you go to the turf and let RNG be the deciding factor of whether or not you die. Making it random would make it annoying to play against and remove a big skill factor in actually staying alive.

I'm not talking about randomising it for every shot, but randomising it for every turf-zone.
So you will know what to expect, but it will just be different in every new turf-zone.

BUMP!
Instead of talking about what else there is to change to turfs to keep it interesting how about something actually gets done with this topic?
133 for 50/50 VS 98 against 50/50 map. Should be obvious that making 50% of the turfs without headshot would be fair to everyone who voted.
And if they do not like it, I would suggest the players who are voting no to just turf the turfs that do have headshot enabled if they even turf at all... peasants....

No HS in turf= less abuse. +1 don't think anyone abusing ever wins turfs these days. Every time there is a turf there's always one or two players who refuse to take headshot damage. Its way too buggy and inconsistent should just be outright removed. Doesn't require much skill to be fair either...

@buckk said in [SUGGESTION] TURF WAR:

No HS in turf= less abuse. +1 don't think anyone abusing ever wins turfs these days. Every time there is a turf there's always one or two players who refuse to take headshot damage. Its way too buggy and inconsistent should just be outright removed. Doesn't require much skill to be fair either...

bro when you crouch your bind is "Action" bound to mouse 2 ; a ; w ; d thats why noobs cant hit you in turf and bazuka bat files meme
Combine that with a key to crouch spam with , and youll tame no damage with cs, sniper etc
Space for example

alt text

@buckk said in [SUGGESTION] TURF WAR:

No HS in turf= less abuse.

As if you cant abuse deagle and m4 xD

always one or two players who refuse to take headshot damage. Its way too buggy and inconsistent should just be outright

same applies to other weapons

Doesn't require much skill to be fair either...

Skills? Sniper? lmao :honk:

Rationally speaking considering how dead turfs already are & how demotivated one side is to bother fighting non-HS turfs, are you gaining anything by this potential update?

Unless UE plans to fight HS etc for fun, this seems pretty pointless overall, or at least, fitting a completely different era of SAES. Realistically you're only reducing the number of turf zones that will be contested, whether this is your intention or not.

@teddy said in [SUGGESTION] TURF WAR:

Unless UE plans to fight HS etc for fun, this seems pretty pointless overall, or at least, fitting a completely different era of SAES.

To be fair this is the ''completely different era of SAES'' until what? 1 year? 1 year and a half HS was never a thing. Turfs were always without headshot, yet the sniper was still a very valuable weapon especially in zones where theres a hill and you can literally be a one man army there.(if you are good of course)

Realistically you're only reducing the number of turf zones that will be contested, whether this is your intention or not.

I am pretty sure I was inactive during the times when HS got implement but I am also pretty sure that we were never asked whether we will continue turfing or not.

I am going to give one last suggestion and I will just leave it to whoever is going to deal with this topic. To satisfy everyone even more I suggest that sniper headshot only works from a certain distance, not whenever someone is 5 Feet away from you. So to make it even clearer I suggest making a script in which the sniper will only work when the distance between one player and another is 115 Feet or more.

Alright, as you guys see, we didn't suggest deleting HS script, but we're asking about having half with HS and the other half without, or maybe specific zones where HS can be enabled there, in order to reach a compromise with each others, but what I see is that the other side trying to impose their opinions without giving any consideration to our side needs, you can even look at the poll, which been on the same percentage since it was created, so it'll be fair enough for both of us, and stop talking about abusing, you're better than mentioning these kinds of stuff, which shouldn't even be mentioned here, leave it for those kids who can't even aim with a colt. thank you.

Yeah these are all relative points m4 and deag really aren't as abusable here. Of course it is a suggestion and turf is more democratic.

M4 and deagle aren't abusable? Lmao just go hide behind Alpha and spam m4 as always, don't lie to yourself.

@burako you're a random sniper bot who can barely use all guns don't mention me again. Nice amount of posts btw always talking :) meme