Script to make DM thing clear.

krecik

Question

Hello, i ve suggestion, it's about cops that's get killed and cry "DM DM", so here can come a very easy to write script that make the thing clear. A command that making cop having 2 statuses, Chasing - Not chasing. For example when cop is chasing his nickname stays normal, but if he have turned off chase mod his nametag/nickname will become white (it's example, there're a lot of other creative things what can let crims know about status). Once the cop using this command it's takes 10 second to change that status and in this time he's frozen. So it's simple if cop get killed when his status is "chasing" it's not dm, otherwise it's dm.

I don't see any reason applying such a script on cops, while they're the one being DM'ed/Killed ?

As a Criminal you should use common sense before shooting a cop, if you see that the cop is not chasing anyone I don't see any reason but leaving him.

If you're brave enough to shoot a cop who's not chasing anyone, be brave to bear the consequences of killing a cop (Which counted as a DM in your case/Shooting a cop that not chasing you or anyone else).

Simple as that, use common sense before pulling the trigger.

I think krecik was refering to situations where cops pretend they aren't chasing you after having attempted it 5 times, come by you and expect you not to kill them. If you do kill them before they attempt to arrest you, you end up getting reported.

For example, this: https://saesrpg.uk/topic/17526/dm-for-no-reason-tritosh-lorch ; happens far more often than you imagine.

This idea is good but shouldn't be the norm, only an extra-feature people decide to use or not. It'd be too tidious to constantly toggle your "chasing" status none-stop. Should be something like an icing on the cake. A simple example would be, you are a cop, you wanna fuck around at LV X and you want to be sure not to be deathmatched (which would still be reportable if done), this eventual script would bring up a guarantee to others you won't arrest them and a guarantee to yourself others are aware of it. Could revoke your ability to arrest until you re-type the command to be back on a patrol-routine.

This feature could be included on an event panel that said if scripted, hitting 2 birds with one stone (working more as something forced than volunteer on that case but the core is the same ja).

Could potentially inspire ourselves from a GTA online passive mode that only revoke your arrest capacity? Normal rules we have at the moment would still apply

Well, why shouldn't he arrest you? he's doing his job after all? why would a wanted criminal come close to a police officer?

It's like a Deer going to a Lion and saying "Hey", pretty sure it won't end that well, right?

So i would be forced to have to use commands to either patrol or chill to not even avoid being dmed(since as i understand i can sill get dmed) also what my weapons would be disabled during the not chasing? so if someon starts dming me when im chilling in LVX i cant even arrest him because my guns would be blocked? and had to take my time write a command to then be able to arrest the guy that by the time already killed me? (keep in mind when sorting a report we look at logs/chat/top chat looking for evidence that the cop in question wasent acitvitly patroling around) simply too messy

@Groove following ur idea would be better to just implement a full on "passive mode" like in GTA 5 where u cant take dmg /deal dmg making it so you can be at LVX chilling and avoid completly the DM and having to assure you wont arrest or get dmed

I haven't said he shouldn't arrest you. The issue I'm pointing out is people pretending not to be chasing you to end up chasing you, and if you dare to kill them before they do chase you, you end up getting reported or accused of deathmatching. This feature could be a way to prevent such situation. The criminal would have the certitude you're not chasing him (or that you're on duty if you prefer to talk in RP term); and if he does kill you, say hello to gulag?

I clearly mentioned it shouldn't be the norm, nor something that ends up changing how things work nowaday in term of rules & administrating as jonathan pointed above, it'd be too tidious.

@Crash said in Script to make DM thing clear.:

So i would be forced to have to use commands to either patrol or chill to not even avoid being dmed(since as i understand i can sill get dmed) also what my weapons would be disabled during the not chasing? so if someon starts dming me when im chilling in LVX i cant even arrest him because my guns would be blocked? and had to take my time write a command to then be able to arrest the guy that by the time already killed me? (keep in mind when sorting a report we look at logs/chat/top chat looking for evidence that the cop in question wasent acitvitly patroling around) simply too messy

You'd keep your weapons and your capacity to damage others users. You basically only lose your ability to arrest. And again,

I clearly mentioned it shouldn't be the norm, nor something that ends up changing how things work nowaday in term of rules & administrating as jonathan pointed above, it'd be too tidious.

It's more of an extra feature borderline of useless if not used by people; you want to use it? people have the certitude you're "peaceful" to them. You don't want to use it? Fair enough, situation stays as it is nowaday

@Groove said in Script to make DM thing clear.:

I haven't said he shouldn't arrest you. The issue I'm pointing out is people pretending not to be chasing you to end up chasing you, and if you dare to kill them before they do chase you, you end up getting reported or accused of deathmatching. This feature could be a way to prevent such situation. The criminal would have the certitude you're not chasing him (or that you're on duty if you prefer to talk in RP term); and if he does kill you, say hello to gulag?

Another solution to this, would be to allow criminals to kill cops at all time, even when they're afk. That way, we could turn the server into one huge DM-zone. Because I'm tired of having cops pretend not to chase me, only to start drooling over my 12 stars 30 seconds later, and taze me after I've left them alone at LVX for example.

@Groove following ur idea would be better to just implement a full on "passive mode" like in GTA 5 where u cant take dmg /deal dmg making it so you can be at LVX chilling and avoid completly the DM and having to assure you wont arrest or get dmed

something like this would work the same way would make sure you cant arrest and would on top make sure you dont get dmed and even for criminals its good as i see many times cops will come to LVX one criminal trows a nade and ends up killing everyone in passive mode you would be safe from cops trying to jail you as cops safe from dmers maybe to avoid abusing it to avoid arrest you couldnt toggle it after shooting someon and have to wait?

maybe to avoid abusing it to avoid arrest you couldnt toggle it after shooting someon and have to wait?

Just put a timer on it like when you use F1 -> I'm stuck or warp to an event

something like this would work the same way would make sure you cant arrest and would on top make sure you dont get dmed and even for criminals its good as i see many times cops will come to LVX one criminal trows a nade and ends up killing everyone in passive mode you would be safe from cops trying to jail you as cops safe from dmers maybe to avoid abusing it to avoid arrest you couldnt toggle it after shooting someon and have to wait?

Could have a setting panel for that passive mode. Like, you could choose simply to lose arrest ability (would put a little symbol next to your name or something of that kind).
On a more global server level regardless of you being a cop or not, player could also choose to go on a passive mode (works only if you have 0 star) which would be the following => being unable to take & deal dmg

There're many ways to fix it, but how many times we need to deal with situations when we see cop that pretend to be afk, u ve like 503050 oportunities to kill him, but u cant do it, cuz he ll report u for dm, and once u ll leave him cuz u dont wanna dm him he ll arrest u, and where's the sense ?

Let's take example, making cops not being able to arrest criminal that is not shooting to him and only when he shot (whenever he wishes to) cops will be able to arrest him - it's same shit, u wouldnt like to have it after cop side ? Would u ?

@Element said in Script to make DM thing clear.:

Well, why shouldn't he arrest you? he's doing his job after all? why would a wanted criminal come close to a police officer?

It's like a Deer going to a Lion and saying "Hey", pretty sure it won't end that well, right?

https://streamable.com/qo7luw

just one of 1037292x examples how fkers waiting you to shoot = report or arresting u

also cop coming to high wanted criminal fit your example aswell ^^

in my oponion, could make something wich only trusted cops/squads can use, like an pink name colouer = not chasing, but ability to using guns/arresting is still existent

@Bartman said in Script to make DM thing clear.:

@Element said in Script to make DM thing clear.:

https://streamable.com/qo7luw

just one of 1037292x examples how fkers waiting you to shoot = report or arresting u

Exactly this. But I don't know if a script would be necessary, since a simple change in the rules should be able to fix it. Allow us to kill AFK cops if we're wanted. It's up to the individual criminal to choose whether or not he's going to kill the AFK cop, but knowing that I wont get adminjailed by some nazi community staff for killing him would be nice. Squadmembers can go AFK in their base or drive to a secluded location, and trainees can stay in the underground police garages that they spawn in, if they don't want to be killed.

Same shit goes for the cops who's parked on the side of the highways ready to chase you. I drove past them once, didn't chase me. Drove past them again and they fucked up my car. I would've told my passenger to shoot their tires if I knew they were just pretending to be AFK.

@Bartman In your case, applying a script still won't be the right thing to do, however, allowing criminals to kill AFK cops around the Prison area during active Jail Break would be something that we can agree on, would be fair for both sides, by doing that cops will avoid "pretending to be afk" around the Prison, and hopefully there won't be any problems.

@Spetnazz There's no reason to shoot a cop that parked on the side of the highway, ready to chase you, even if he didn't chase you at first but on the second time you passed by.

After all, he was able to chase you in the first time, but he decided to not (for some reason) however you didn't get chased? I don't understand the meaning of your complaint ? You literally suggest here to allow DM around the server.