Decrease Jail Time

DROT

Question

Here's a suggestion which comes with support of combined squad HQ's. Please do not fall for the usual "cops vs. crims" crap and vote against it just because you are a cop. That aside, here is the suggestion:

Reduce jail time from 7 to 5 minutes.

Nobody ejoys spending 7 minutes of their gaming time staring at the wall and I think that we can all agree on that. This leads people to alt-tab or AFK, they go around their business instead or perhaps launch a different game, sometimes they do not bother coming back to play at all for a while.

Server activity decreases, more people are AFK and less players are on the streets to actually play the game.
This is not good for anyone, be you criminal or cop.

https://saesrpg.uk/topic/14522/pay-to-reduce-the-jail-time/46

Nearly same topic, but I prefer to pay for the shorter jail time. Doesn't have to be a lot. Reducing itself is okay too; but I find cash drains economicly better

@Bunny said in Decrease Jail Time:

Nearly same topic, but I prefer to pay for the shorter jail time. Doesn't have to be a lot. Reducing itself is okay too; but I find cash drains economicly better

DROT's suggestion is more feasible in the fact that nothing has to be created, figures merely need to be changed.

Also tbh don't think it would be ideal to be able to pay to reduce your sentence, just disenfranchises new players even further - most of which leave the server after getting a 7 minute jail, the only people who can consistently afford that are the people who have been around awhile and are going nowhere.

@Daryl

I have no clue on statistic of our new player, but making the price of 20k as example is pretty easy for anyone to afford, only the newest cannot.

But I do agree it needs a bit of scripting. I still would maybe lower the amount in jail a bit, but still include money drain to lower it an extra minute? I do agree on lowering the amount in jail, no doubt about it, having it as money drain or not.

@Daryl

I have no clue on statistic of our new player, but making the price of 20k as example is pretty easy for anyone to afford, only the newest cannot.

I'll have to agree with Bunny on his 20k statement. How much does a crim receive per succesful SR? Isn't it a good bit more than 20k? Truckers gets paid quite good as well. Same with drugs- and arms dealers. 20k should be pretty straight forward for any new players to obtain.

"My opinion" It seems unfair to me, since with this there will be much more criminal activity and it will be more difficult for the police, personally, it has been difficult for me to be the "only" active police officer on the server against 20 criminals , and much more when it comes to an SR, in which they go down too slowly when I am alone and I must arrest the same criminal more than 3 times, so if they decide to do this, they should improve aspects such as leveling the level of the SRs or improve the jail map.

I don't think it's really needed to be decreased, Why? Irl people stays by years in jail and they are not getting jbed, Can't you wait 7 minutes ? And as @LAPD_Spanish_VEN Said, There will be many criminals outside and that will be hard to cops, And don't forget that there's something called Jailbreak, When a CLO get arrested another CLO jailbreaks him, Same for gangs and criminals, So it will be unfair to cops if the time got decreased, Also if you will do a crime and you will wait 7 minutes inside a small room because of this crime, Then don't even do it lol "Don't do the crime, You wont wait the time"

@VayraN said in Decrease Jail Time:

I don't think it's really needed to be decreased, Why? Irl people stays by years in jail and they are not getting jbed, Can't you wait 7 minutes ? And as @LAPD_Spanish_VEN Said, There will be many criminals outside and that will be hard to cops, And don't forget that there's something called Jailbreak, When a CLO get arrested another CLO jailbreaks him, Same for gangs and criminals, So it will be unfair to cops if the time got decreased, Also if you will do a crime and you will wait 7 minutes inside a small room because of this crime, Then don't even do it lol "Don't do the crime, You wont wait the time"

alt text

I've read a lot of stupid posts in my lifetime. But this... This is some next-level shit. You do realize, that all criminals are normal people behind the screens? Sitting afk for 7 minutes is not all that fun. Everything we do gives us stars - and a lot of them. Cops can respawn instantly.
But hey, let's do a social experiment; Everytime a cop gets killed, they get adminjailed for 7 minutes. When they complain, we'll just say "Don't die if you can't do the time", and see what they think about it after a week. Deal?

Aren't you banned

Why do you think they removed "pay 2000 dollars to keep 50% of your guns" ??

Exactly because nobody paid.

Decrese the time for everyone to enjoy gameplay.

It's true that it would bring more criminal activity but I would be better for both the cops and crims, many times while patroling as a cop u don't find many activities to go after, one of the reasons could be that they are in jail or don't have stars if the time is reduced more crims are going to be out getting stars and it would be more crims u can arrest and more money u can get. crims would be in favor of this idea since they would have less time in jail and for those who do not have all day like others, it would give them more free time. And the idea of 1-year sentences is stupid to bring in this server, like saying to arrest criminals u have to bring them to the police station since this is an RP server.
@LAPD_Spanish_VEN @VayraN