[SUGGESTION] Cooldown of 30 seconds for respawning at properties

RAMPAGE

Question

Just a simple suggestion about adding a cooldown of 30 seconds for respawning at properties.

It'd work like this:

I get killed. I respawn 1st time at my property. I get killed again but if I want to respawn at my property for the 2nd time I need to wait a cooldown a 30 seconds. Or... I can just respawn at nearest hospital if I don't want to wait for the cooldown of 30 seconds to end.

• Answers 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

It's kinda ironic that PC cops were getting punished ( prob still do if the rule still exists ) for respawning to respond to BRs faster but if it happens and you dumped a couple of millions to a nearby icon, it's considered ok.

Might as well consider allowing us to respawn on our props during turf wars ( mind you that's not allowed by rule ) since we invested $$ on them, see how well that will work out for either side.

No one should be allowed to spawn to props to gain advantage anyhow, including turf wars, bank robberies and even jailbreaks, aka in places with a lot of friction between the sides. Props should be treated as props, not strategic spawn locations.

But since it's nearly impossible to monitor it I would suggest setting a countdown to respawn to props when you respond to a JB / BR and upon passing the gates that give out stars or as soon as you enter. Let's say you have 30-45 secs cooldown to use your props right after you pass that threshold so you cannot brainlessly rush and die to keep respawning back and if you played decently enough and ended up dying you can respawn back " instantly " as that timer should have gone by then.

Edit: And that's to make either side happy, personally I just see the whole argument as another way to fill our gameplay with more restrictions and make it even more trigger-proof as we've been steadily doing the past few years.

@Harmy said in [SUGGESTION] Cooldown of 30 seconds for respawning at properties:

It's kinda ironic that PC cops were getting punished ( prob still do if the rule still exists ) for respawning to respond to BRs faster but if it happens and you dumped a couple of millions to a nearby icon, it's considered ok.

This rule was removed a long time ago.

@Harmy said in [SUGGESTION] Cooldown of 30 seconds for respawning at properties:

No one should be allowed to spawn to props to gain advantage anyhow, including turf wars, bank robberies and even jailbreaks, aka in places with a lot of friction between the sides. Props should be treated as props, not strategic spawn locations.

At bank robberies you as a criminal have the advantage of numbers, defense and prior organization. Cops in return get to come back repeatedly by spawning nearby to make up for the balance loss. If 10 cops are trying to breach into a BR with 30 crims which lasts 2min in total, not allowing them to respawn nearby to return gives criminals even more advantage. Currently while cops have the ability to respawn at properties, most BRs are still completed by criminals. Why further ruin the BR balance, to make it even easier for crims even though they win some 80% times already?

As for JB, you do have the portable spawn point as you call it; within the jail itself as a criminal. I don't see why cops would be forced to return from hospital if they're shot, especially since there is warden spawn right there. Using property to reach jail is slower than spawning a warden, which nowadays come equipped with weapons.

All things considered it is perfectly clear that players targeted here are cops. Criminals do not use properties to respawn and return to BR, they do not use properties to return to JB. Why? Because when they get killed there they get arrested and move to jail, at no point do they get to use their property to respawn. It is easy to go around loudmouthing that "No one should be allowed to spawn to props to gain advantage" when it is clear that it is only cops that do so and that you personally who main a crim will not be affected by these changes, rather you will be impacted positively as cops will be around even less frequently.

(I don't attend turfs so I won't say anything about that one.)

TL;DR - Trying to weaken cops when they're statistically losing majority of activities and empower the already winning side (crims) is stupid. Stop going head-on into every activity as a criminal expecting to win, properties allow cops to make up for massive lack of numbers and helps them sometimes (rarely) win events such as BR. Criminals are already winning on ALL fronts, in which reality does it make sense to make their winning frequency even higher? It is not all about winning, you have to lose sometimes too. Cops have been on the losing end for years now, however the moment criminals started losing and failing BRs merely 20% of times, plenty of random "nerf cops" suggestions like this started appearing.

Man up and grow a pair, you have to lose sometimes too. Cops aren't NPC's and we're sick of crims winning all the time.

@DROT said in [[SUGGESTION] Cooldown of 30

At bank robberies you as a criminal have the advantage of numbers, defense and prior organization. Cops in return get to come back repeatedly by spawning nearby to make up for the balance loss. If 10 cops are trying to breach into a BR with 30 crims which lasts 2min in total, not allowing them to respawn nearby to return gives criminals even more advantage.

tbh why you don't admit that kill-arrest give u more advantage than crims ? isn't that strange when you see cops respawning every sec and crims get jailed for 420 secs and have no chance to come back ?

@KARIM said in [SUGGESTION] Cooldown of 30 seconds for respawning at properties:

isn't that strange when you see cops respawning every sec and crims get jailed for 420 secs and have no chance to come back ?

Considering that cops are commonly outnumbered 3 to 1, and that BR for example lasts some 3-5 minutes, it does not appear strange to me that cops get an opportunity to get return and participate several times. If you've 30 crims and 10 cops then it is not out of this world that those cops get to return and make up for lack of numbers. 10 cops returning 3 times may be seen as 30 cops, which are then in balance with 30 criminals. You may say that there could be a few cops that have properties right besides the location and will return more than 3 times, then also remember that criminals have the advantage of prior organization, all criminals can be there from point one while cops will require time to group up. Furthermore criminals have the advantage of defense, which is obviously more favourable than charging in down chokepoints while getting shot at.

All this in the end, in case of banks, sums up to criminals robbing all 8 safes around 80% of time in total as of today. Does that percentage alone not prove that cops did not become overpowered because of access to property spawns? They have it now and they're still losing 80% of time.

Gently reminder that it isn't only bankrobs. People respawning 2m away from a SR, people spawning next to you in turf wars. Problem is not them spawning but the rate of them re spawning. Less then 2 seconds is now possible and is stupid anyway you look at it.

FYI: Don't be a dick and let people have there own opinion, no need to force a vote when a leader of a squad/gang. You know who you are.

Cop side had to adapt to the way criminals were defending brs and shit and now criminals cant adapt to this the same way we did? Ye makes sense using a script to make it easier for criminals to make their job.

If you want to improve without puting any effort by yourself then simply dont play the game. As criminals are always saying to cops "gitgud!"

Put a cooldown timer on property spawning (I would suggest the slowly increasing timer by 10 secones, to a cap of 30), and make bank robbery doors open up slower. This way it'll be more balanced, and makes the brs more enjoyable for crims. Instead of perma cops slowly tearing the healths, it would be wave of cops.

It's not always about balance, sometimes you need to think also what's fun for either side and what's not.

And guys one more thing. Please ask yourself always: Would I have fun to play against this? This goes both to cop and crim side. We can always think about how we can balance it afterwards. I wouldn't have fun playing against cop's spawning instantly into br's personally, as they would slowly but surely keep taking your health down. I'd rather make waves of cops attacking that have time to organize, instead of fast spawning fast attacks into a bank.

If there would be a cap on spawning into properties, CLO's would get more invited into bank robberies, as attacking against DE/HLS armors within 20 seconds of each attack in bank is not fun to play against, while making doors open in bank allows de's/hls to organize and attack organized in banks.

Like I'm 100% sure that criminals wouldn't mind bank doors opening slower, if the attacks would be in waves and wouldn't happen every 10 seconds.

There is no fun of endless waves of cops with full hp (sometimes with armour) while us poor criminals keep on getting out health lowered over and over till we end up in jail. You mind say "oH wE aRe aLwaYs OutNumBeReD", well nowadays you aint that OUTNUMBERED with the stuff you can use such as: killarrest, assist of HLS/DE, endless zombie runs, flashgbangs. Someone mentioned about "balance" lets keep on trying to find that balance but it will never satisfy both sides. I sometimes want to throw my pc outta the window when i kill THE SAME PERSON 15 times during ONE BR, cmon zombies, let us breathe for once. Do something for us criminals, atleast once please.

@Bunny said in [SUGGESTION] Cooldown of 30 seconds for respawning at properties:

Like I'm 100% sure that criminals wouldn't mind bank doors opening slower, if the attacks would be in waves and wouldn't happen every 10 seconds.

Totally agree with that ^

@Ikzelf said in [SUGGESTION] Cooldown of 30 seconds for respawning at properties:

Gently reminder that it isn't only bankrobs. People respawning 2m away from a SR, people spawning next to you in turf wars. Problem is not them spawning but the rate of them re spawning. Less then 2 seconds is now possible and is stupid anyway you look at it.

FYI: Don't be a dick and let people have there own opinion, no need to force a vote when a leader of a squad/gang. You know who you are.

@Bunny said in [SUGGESTION] Cooldown of 30 seconds for respawning at properties:

Put a cooldown timer on property spawning (I would suggest the slowly increasing timer by 10 secones, to a cap of 30), and make bank robbery doors open up slower. This way it'll be more balanced, and makes the brs more enjoyable for crims. Instead of perma cops slowly tearing the healths, it would be wave of cops.

It's not always about balance, sometimes you need to think also what's fun for either side and what's not.

And guys one more thing. Please ask yourself always: Would I have fun to play against this? This goes both to cop and crim side. We can always think about how we can balance it afterwards. I wouldn't have fun playing against cop's spawning instantly into br's personally, as they would slowly but surely keep taking your health down. I'd rather make waves of cops attacking that have time to organize, instead of fast spawning fast attacks into a bank.

If there would be a cap on spawning into properties, CLO's would get more invited into bank robberies, as attacking against DE/HLS armors within 20 seconds of each attack in bank is not fun to play against, while making doors open in bank allows de's/hls to organize and attack organized in banks.

alt text

@DROT

Man up and grow a pair, you have to lose sometimes too. Cops aren't NPC's and we're sick of crims winning all the time.

@Harmy

Edit: And that's to make either side happy, personally I just see the whole argument as another way to fill our gameplay with more restrictions and make it even more trigger-proof as we've been steadily doing the past few years.

Other than that, instead of fixing something that was always happening one way or another and trying to balance everything out, how about we bring back DE teargas( not the useless flash bang) in bankrobberies, fire extinguishers for CLO, headshot for either group and overall more kit that depending how its used can make a difference, for both cops and crims so we dont have a stale fight between the reds m4/cs VS blues m4/cs like we do now.

Special groups dont even attend BRs anymore because their presence will only bring the other double HP dudes from the opposite side, and nothing more than that.

You know...things that neither side, from criminals to cops wanted removed in the first place and made BRs, JBs etc a routine instead of a collective objective as they are supposed to be aka more fun and challenging.

To those saying " oh deal with it cops"

" your outnumbered on BRs .. so what "

Does any of you have a picture of last saturdays where it was literally 130 crims and like 20 cops (including trainees)

Literally , 4 weeks ago you guys were complaining about "how hard " it has become to do a succesfull BR because kill arrest , yet in the past weeks criminals did have a succed rate around 80% with 8/8 on BRs .

Now , you are aiming towards the property spawns which proves nothing , you people are still winning during BRs and still want to ruin and make even more hard the cop side.

Do you guys ever check tab ? Can you guys count ?

Its always 4 to one or even more times the amount criminals compared to cops.

Then in the community we ask ourselves " how to help and increase in numbers " the cop side ! ...

Definitely not the way todo it by restricting more shit.

@jonathan959 said in [SUGGESTION] Cooldown of 30 seconds for respawning at properties:

this post is stupid, someone close it obviously not gonna pass, another post made by criminals trying to screw cops

How about you stop bitching around and let the others also share their opinions about this instead of thinking like you can make those decisions.

You already said it once and it's not needed for you to say it again

if you can't take it just ignore this topic