Remove killarrest

Adistar

Question

Hello everyone,

Not long time ago, the killarrest feature was introduced to balance the crim and cop side. Seeing that the cop side is now organized and capable of stopping bankrobberies easily, I believe the killarrest feature does no longer fulfill its purpose as the crim and cop side are already balanced without the feature. For this reason I would like to suggest the removal of this feature, and of course, we can have a discussion in this topic.

• Answers 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

@TaaviLaudur

I would gladly change this to be that DE for example is only allowed to participate BR by spawning from A51 to the bank, but in return, the bank robberies should last a little longer, in order to have any time to participate. It takes a bit to gather few people and drive in the bank, usually being too late as the information of CLO participating comes too late, making no real reason to spawn as DE.

But then again, I'm not the one to decide stuff like this soon.

@Franklin This is RPG Server, not straight off roleplay server, but I can understand the frustration that kill-arrest system makes.

@Franklin There are certain aspects of this where you need to realise its a game...

Would a cop charge a criminal with a baton waving it around 50 times just trying to arrest him and also typing /gunfix on the hopes the baton does not accidently kill them.

I think not... so lets keep this honest and not respond with something like you did.
There are only certain aspects which you can keep relating to real life and the arresting process in Jail/Bank is not one of them.

We can improve the jail mapping, its ancient and old. Why remove scripts? The problem is the mapping, not the scripts!
We keep restricting police scripts instead of addressing the issue at hand. First nerfed police cars, then flashbangs, then stingers/bribe etc, now kill arrest aswell?

Mapping isnt really hard, neither is scripting (jail) for the right people..

@Joshbond
That's exactly what I'm trying to say.. read my post again fully, and no I don't care about the way cops arrest criminals, it could be different and more realistic yes but lets focus on the things that we can fix right now shall we?.. and we can talk about that arrest some other time

@Bunny

It's not really about the stress only and yes it is an RPG server but it still has the word Roleplay in it.. so shouldn't we just keep it some what realistic?

@Daryl said in Remove killarrest:

@Joshbond said in Remove killarrest:

@Daryl Is that right??

https://imgur.com/a/FJth68T

@Groove @Ikzelf @Adistar

alt text

Clearly imitating a criminal.

When can I have an apology for a clearly edited and taken out of context screenshot?

@Adistar Joe has removed me from the Combined squad discord because I sent a screenshot of 1 line, where Joe said, 'our success rate is only ninty five percent' He says this is leaking information.

Where as you see he sends the entire conversation and 'leaks' more information.

This is how corrupt Joe is and you and many others realising this is great for the community. Need to put a stop to joe and his abusive ways.

I think the killing arrest should be remove. Basically, cops have many advantages with in the bank. In the entrance lobby, many cops can shoot without being targeted (corner shot, I guess I'm not sure). As a result, at least 4-5 of the defenders were automatically arrested. As we cross the corridors, HLS with body armor and combat rifles run towards us, and at least 2-3 people are arrested there.Of course we kill them, but they have 10 to 15 seconds of access to all the banks, so they can come back easily.
I'm not going to blame the police side for this, but by doing so, you're blocking the criminal side's greatest source of activity.I hope you can find a solution to this problem.

@Joshbond said in Remove killarrest:

@Adistar Joe has removed me from the Combined squad discord because I sent a screenshot of 1 line, where Joe said, 'our success rate is only ninty five percent' He says this is leaking information.
Where as you see he sends the entire conversation and 'leaks' more information.
This is how corrupt Joe is and you and many others realising this is great for the community. Need to put a stop to joe and his abusive ways.

Greetings @Joshbond . It was I who removed you from Squads Discord. You were found sharing contents of private chat to wider public. Regardless of contents of your leaks, while they're taken out of context and not harmful for Daryl in any way, they are still leaks and as such your decisions/actions can not be tolerated.

Please do not attempt to use my decision to remove you, to fuel your personal agenda against someone else.

@Griffin said in Remove killarrest:

I think the killing arrest should be remove. Basically, cops have many advantages with in the bank. In the entrance lobby, many cops can shoot without being targeted (corner shot, I guess I'm not sure). As a result, at least 4-5 of the defenders were automatically arrested. As we cross the corridors, HLS with body armor and combat rifles run towards us, and at least 2-3 people are arrested there.Of course we kill them, but they have 10 to 15 seconds of access to all the banks, so they can come back easily.
I'm not going to blame the police side for this, but by doing so, you're blocking the criminal side's greatest source of activity.I hope you can find a solution to this problem.

You know Griffin Cop side has increased when we comparise it to the last 2 months but the crims still has the big advantages against to the cop side.Which is their great amount of Activity In Game.I dont really know what to say about HLS' advantages in Bank Robberies.

@DROT Well I feel as this is unjust and should be taken to private chat to further discuss this.

The information was not important or leaking anything about squads or vital information which criminals could use to their advantage.

Also as explained Joe 'leaked' further details but that is acceptable? Again all which can be discussed via pm.

I agree tlwith the high risk high rewards @Bunny but getting rewards after being in jail??? Then let cops makes money from just sitting in the lobby lmao
Jokes aside yes for the high risk high reward no for getting rewards after getting jailed

@Griffin You can say the same about CLO, that's the point of a special group after all, also HLS got many limitations that I won't publish here unlike CLO that they can do whatever they want wherever they want, so I really don't get why most of the criminals crying about that, about the marker killing now let's be honest, cops won't be able to arrest any criminal at JB's BR's without marker killing (that's a fact) before we had the marker killing cops barely responded to BR's/JB's only because it was annoying and rude, now since you're criminals and you've no idea how cops feel about that I'll give you the best example of this which is Jeff Motel event (Arrest "BLABLA" for 10m), I'm playing since 2010 and that's how SAES used to be back in the days without marker killing, and that's a fact, I do know that it's annoying getting arrested using marker killing script or whatever, but you've to understand that it's our only way during massive JB/BR (And let's be honest it's always massive).

what numbers are you guys talking about ?

you mean the 3 to 1 ??' oh yes,

if you are talking about numbers here, why dont you go and look at tab for once and see for yourself that there is way more criminals and gang members than cops most of the time ? i do not think it is that hard .

"so non realistic.. if a cop shot a criminal in real life he would go to the hospital not automatically in jail.. it's literally so dumb," Oh yes, have you heard of that country ... mmmm i do not remember the name of it but i heard that if a wanted criminal gets shot in the head by a cop, the criminal will re-spawn in the nearest hospital ! .......................

Lets not talk about realism here..
Also some of you guys are talking about cops re-spawning as non cop so you guys fail the BR ( i do not support that) but do i have to remind you guys when some gangs in the past used to spawn as a cop just to let their friends BR ? ..

Plus, have you guys seen Kains topic ? , i still cant see any stats where it shows cops only winning, and all BR fail.

I find it amusing that for the first time since i been in the server ( 2012) we cops have a chance to stop a BR fairly. Criminals have been "using" the cop unfairness in BRs for such a long time that you got used to do lazy BRs, where it was always a win win 8/8, with just a bunch of cops trying to stop the BR, with no real threat imposed by cops that now for the first time that cops have a chance to stop a BR you guys are threatened of having to work your way in, and actually robbing a bank properly with a real threat of failing, having to work together.

"Cause we're legit working together and crashing stuff now lol
Their era of having BRs with only 3 cops showing up is over"

If it was implemented then there is a good reason for it to be there. This is a balance issue, you don't balance something by removing it. If you want to alter killarrest then come up with some ideas, just saying I can't deal with it because my team is not organised and I want cops to lose their last hope of dealing with BR or JB is absurd.

If you remove killarrest, we cops don't get anything from you doing these BRs or JBs.
Economically, it's a waste of time for us. With killarrest we get rewarded for actually engaging criminals in these activities. Remove that and I personally will think twice about going to BR where I will get blasted to pieces and get no money for it.