can any one help in this rule please ?

nullX

Question

hello every body i have problem in "understanding rules" and one of the way to understand the rules is asking our beloved admins and they always there for me <3
but the problem is every admin have their own "logic" to explain the rules and who is the victim ? until this time no one ....

so today i want to know one of these rules : is it allowed for others to kill me after i leave a stolen car or after the car destroyed ?

i asked drot and he said no its not allowed they only allowed to destroy the car or killing you inside the car , so i understand from him that its not allowed to kill me and continued on that .

until this day arma shock me when he said it's allowed ! after a little conversation with him and jay and snome. because snome killed me after i tried to steal his car and like always i was wrong on reporting him xD

and this is the proof for what drot said

:::

Spoiler Text

and this proof about arma

Spoiler Text

i just want to know what is the true because iam scare to take admin jail for something i didnt understand or a mistake of fake reporting others like my last report on snome

is it allowed or not allowed ?

and sorry for my bad English

so again to drots words:
-teddy stealing my car
-i need my car, i cant respawn at disc so i need to chase & destroy my car
-after car ia burning, teddy going outside & he can steal another car from me because no consiquence
-i pay 5k for my destroyed car

is this in any way right?
nullx example is perfect, going br & if fail cops let robber go...

@DROT prepare yourself to loose v8 on every car!
@Arma pls tell me wich hq giving carstealers rights, gonna rip his v8 too!

@DROT How about if they destroyed your car after stealing it. And than they are forced to get out (as it is on fire). Can I kill them for destroying my property after stealing it?

Or if I destroy the car because I am trying to kill the guy stealing it and he than is forced out of the car (due to it being on flames). Can I kill them than?

I like how the guy who made this topic has the guts to casually say "Oh yeah I will steal your car" like it's a normal thing to do for him, and then reports the guy who killed him because he stole his car...
I personally think the SAES team should take a moment to discuss this in private and come up with a unified logic and rule to solve such situations instead of it being personal preference, would make it easier for everybody.

iam no member in saes team, but logically there are 3ways:

-keeping as it is yet, stealers can steal without consiquence any car/reporting car owners for killiing them (&i will remoove v8 for every supporter of this idea)

-making carstealing an saes rule wich leads to shit ton of reports & loose the meaning of the games name

-allowing people deffending theyr fking cars (includes killing carstealer after they left car because carowner needed damage own car to get the car back & avoid getting pinked/remooved v8)

-another way iam to dumb to think of

wich makes more sense?

First of all, what do you expect to happen after you steal someone's car, a hug? You got what you deserved, a shot. And yes it's completely justified to do that while you're being in someone's vehicle or not, this should give you a lesson to not steal or touch someone's property. So Arma is completely right on this, and absolutely not surprised at all about DROT's nonsense reply. Self court for the win.

I didn't go trough all the posts, so I don't know if anyone answered you properly. First few posts I read are complete nonsense.

Here's the deal. If you steal someones car, he can kill you as long as you are in his car. If car gets destroyed, or you leave the car and move away, any attack from owner of the car is revenge DM, which is a rule break. Any admin, or staff that tells you otherwise needs to get familiarized with rules himself first, then move on to this discussion.
Yes, player is allowed to defend his property, but if the car is already destroyed (or you left the car and tried to move away), him attacking you is revenge DM.

Also, anyone comparing this situation to real life and thinking you wouldn't end up in jail after killing person that stole your car is retarded.

@Gengar said in can any one help in this rule please ?:

I didn't go trough all the posts, so I don't know if anyone answered you properly. First few posts I read are complete nonsense.

Here's the deal. If you steal someones car, he can kill you as long as you are in his car. If car gets destroyed, or you leave the car and move away, any attack from owner of the car is revenge DM, which is a rule break. Any admin, or staff that tells you otherwise needs to get familiarized with rules himself first, then move on to this discussion.
Yes, player is allowed to defend his property, but if the car is already destroyed (or you left the car and tried to move away), him attacking you is revenge DM.

Also, anyone comparing this situation to real life and thinking you wouldn't end up in jail after killing person that stole your car is retarded.

How is it revenge DM?

Revenge DM by definition is dming someone after they dmed you.

Dming would be killing someone for any reason, one including some guy who stole your car and than gets out of it and than you kill him. Its not revenge DM, just DM.

The only reason I pointed it out is so people do not get confused with the definition of revenge DM.

@Joshbond said in can any one help in this rule please ?:

@Gengar said in can any one help in this rule please ?:

How is it revenge DM?

Revenge DM by definition is dming someone after they dmed you.

Dming would be killing someone for any reason, one including some guy who stole your car and than gets out of it and than you kill him. Its not revenge DM, just DM.

The only reason I pointed it out is so people do not get confused with the definition of revenge DM.

Revenge DM, by definition is when you DM someone for something they previously did. "Previously did" includes DM from another player, but it isn't tied just for that. When you insult someone in local chat and they kill you, that's also revenge DM. And so is the situation I was explaining in my previous post.

@Gengar next one iam ripping v8!

playing with this logic is no difference to bullshit like this https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/offbeat/shopkeeper-sued-by-burglar-who-injured-himself-during-break-in-1.3348803%3fmode=amp

Hi @nullX

I have reviewed your original post and all subsequent posts from the community, many of which gave some insight but did not particularly add any value.

I will answer the question that I perceive you are asking.

You can absolutely kill someone who is stealing your car, by this I mean someone who is currently in your vehicle, you are within your right to shoot them out of the vehicle or shoot the vehicle itself, it is afterall your vehicle.

What you cannot do, is kill someone if they are not in your car. If they stole your car and are no longer in it, you cannot kill them. This is revenge deathmatching if nothing else - they are not currently in your property and by that definition they are not stealing your car.

People are relating this to real life (for some reason), but to humour those people, you also cannot kill someone in real life for stealing your car, past tense. That would be incredibly stupid.

The rules that are relevant to this are covered in #1 of the current rule list.

Specifically the following;

Killing another player as revenge for being killed, without cause. - This would also apply to your use case of someone stealing a vehicle but are no longer in that vehicle.

Overall, do not interfere with another players gameplay using violence, unless it is part of the game. - Killing people on the street for prior actions would not fall into what we consider part of the game.

Overall I understand why so much discussion has come out of this, and I can understand the confusion amongst the staff.

It is important to remember that while the rules are guidelines we do expect people to apply common sense also, however this use case is pretty clearly outlined in the current rules and going forward we should be treating these cases as deathmatching.

Cheers!