Remove kill arrest from jail

Kain

Question

As per the title, I think we all know jailbreaks are slightly broken by the fact everytime a criminal dies, he's returned to his cell. This in turn creates a constant DM loop of criminals escaping > dying > rinse and repeat which also probably creates the biggest money farm in the game for cops possible.

I suggest still rewarding cops with money if they kill someone however killing a criminal should return them to the hospital rather than rejailing them and hopefully persuade cops to do manual arrest again. Opinions?

Note: THIS WILL NOT REMOVE KILL ARREST FROM BANKS

Keep the current system but the kill-arrest function should be limited to M4 only in my opinion. Allowing criminals to respawn at hospital basically means that cops can end a jailbreak in a couple of minutes since the criminals will have to respawn at the hospital instead of breaking out of their cells when killed. So that makes it impossible to have a fun 1 hour jailbreak.

I personally think that these long jailbreaks are fun, sometimes cops clear them and sometimes criminals are the ones having fun taking over the whole street.
If you're truly worried about the money farm then the solution is reducing the reward for kill arresting so it's more encouraged to arrest them normally.

@Vennelle said in Remove kill arrest from jail:

But if criminals get killed and they spawn at the hospital, it's an easy escape..

arguably, but also an easy apprehension of the jailbreak, especially if larger scaled. most will even return to jail and try to take over again. that's where clearing the corridors using lethal force can come in handy.

@Tut-Greco said in Remove kill arrest from jail:

I disagree with awarding cops the money for being killed. though I do agree on sending them to hospital.
an option to toggle on/off kill arrest would also be fine with me personally.

I totally agree with that and if a money reward is necessary, it should be 25% of the arrest payment (instead of 50% when using kill/arrest) so it would encourage cops to keep using kill-arrest/normal arrest.
An extra challenge should make a jb much more fun as long as it doesn't make it impossible to do one. I think it would be fun to see other criminals try and "retake" a jb and it allows cops to actually be tactical when defending a jb.

Hi there! Here's my personal opinion:

I personally enjoy a lot this long asses JBs that never ends as there's a lot of fun and action and it makes both sides (cops and crims) very active. Tell me: how many players you see online when it's happening and actively taking part in JBs? :P It brings activity! I could literally spend hours there (I usually do)! Both sides likes and enjoys it I think, cops and crims. Crims enjoy attacking and killing cops at JBs (only for fun as they don't win any money with this) and cops enjoy too attacking and killing crims as they get kill-arrested and back to the cells in order to stop the JB (where they belong imo) and they win money with it. They fight for the jail's control until 1 side wins the other side or just 1 side gives up (if cops for example gives up going to the JBs then it'll end as crims will get bored... no cops, no fun). And same goes for the cops... no crims, no fun. Am I right? :)

As I enjoy this a lot (and I know that a lot of more players does), I wouldn't like to see the current kill-arresting system changed as it'll ruin it and that's why I've voted for the option of keeping the current system (it'll ruin 1 of the best activity to do in-game which is JBing). It'll ruin it because the JBs will stand for much lower time, they'll end faster... 2 cops comes, shoots 2 times and JB will be over. There won't be so much fun and action as there's now. Yes, yes... there'll still be fun and action (I'm not saying there won't be anymore) but not that much as now and you know that.

"But if criminals get killed and they spawn at the hospital, it's an easy escape." - by @Vennelle . I also agree with this. As a cop, I wouldn't like to see crims and prisioners escaping from jail that easy... a simple kill and they're out! Wtf! It's better to get their asses jailed back to their cells where they belong to! Yeah, it used to be like this back in times until kill-arresting got added. Honestly, at the start and before it got added I used to be against adding it but it made the both sides (cops and crims) more balanced and equal. I've experienced it both (as the crim I'm and as a cop sometimes when I play as cop) and I see nothing wrong with it.

A suggestion which is can be an advantage for criminal side will always have more ups than the opposite idea due to huge amount of criminal players, anyhow If the system changes and lets criminals to spawn at hospital after getting killed will just cock outside of the slammer up. On the other hand if there will not be any changes onto it, as far as i see the others also agree with my idea, they would like to see no changes and keeping it how it is current.

During a jailbreak people don't try to escape but just stay for the DM. So sending them to a hospitall would make more sense then get back to jail and start over again. This is just from my own experience.

Most of the time, crims are staying in jail for so long not because they're unable to escape, but because they find it fun. It's a place where you can shoot anyone on sight, at any time of the day, basically a DM interior, where you can respawn in your team base as soon as killed, to get back into action. The fact that it's an endless DM loop isn't necessarily bad, clearly visible in how many players enjoy the experience. Even if there are no SR's going, BR can't be started, no turfs or something else, there's always an option to go to jail and get to shooting. Sending people to hospital will stop that loop and make jailbreaks shorter yes, but people don't want shorter jailbreaks. It's already easy to escape, yet players choose to stay and keep on shooting. Cops could leave at any time, but they choose to stay and shoot. There's no similar area on the server where you can show up and just gun people down, that's its charm.

If the money farm for cops is a problem then reduce the money income, there's no need to change the entire system because of this small detail.

i agree for rampages point, jail is one of funpart of saes, but i still voted for yes change, cuz criminals still can come back to jb & kill cops & keeping the war.
the question is just how much criminals would come back to jb for the fun part.
if atleast ~75% of crimes would go back to jb after hospital, than i deffinitly vote for yes change systhem, if below, i would want keep old one (also can make a poll to this?)

Send them where you like, just give us the money :joy:

But in all seriousness, the jail gets used as a DM zone. The criminals do not try to escape, they just sit there and farm their stats. I do not agree with this suggestion though, because criminals will most likely abuse this and JB's for cops will be near impossible. I think the current system need to be changed, but this idea is a no go, sorry.