Spawn time calculator

Riley

Question

First of all I'd like to tell you that I'm not a scripter so I can't help the development team with the technical part.

So our time spent on the server ( aka played time ) is already calculated. I was thinking about if we could have an icon where our played hours would be divided into the spawns we used. After some time, I realised that the time divided into "ALL" spawns you ever used can't be done because then we would get a badass long list. For this case I'd recommend to do the same idea but instead we could have a place where the TOP 8 most used spawns and the playtime could be seen.

I was thinking about adding another icon to the "M" panel.
alt text

After clicking on the icon, it would open a page like at the other ones. ( F.e.x : Music, Message, Clock )
The difference would be only the content of the page. We could have something like this:
alt text

This idea's function is only an extra thing to have, and I can't see if it has got benefits or not.
If it's possible, we could add already deleted spawns such as deleted squads, gangs, groups.

21 answers to this question

Great idea! Personally would love to see this be a feature ingame, because then you could see how much experience the player has in that specific role. This could hive squad/gang HQ's a little sense of how skilled the player might be. +1 from me!:ok_hand:

@nicus

AFKing day by day is not an unknown thing already ( khmm khmm tape ). They do it to get hours, and I guess this system's effect could only "help" them to decide which spawn should they pick for the journey. Also what kind of troubles can this cause to the GM team? If you can list them, maybe we could do something.

Yes but not as part of /stats, that list is already too long.

As for making people afk more, that's nonsense. We already have time played counted on scoreboard, people already afk to boost it, this would change nothing.

@ElRastaMan17 said in Spawn time calculator:

As nicus said above, it would just cause a massive afk to the server, not to talk about how useless that information is

I kindly stated above that this information has no benefits, or at least I couldn't find one. It's simply a cool thing to show how active you are, and where did you spend most of your time. About the AFK, who cares about the AFK players? They won't hurt you. As DROT said, we already have got players who boost their played hours by being AFK for days.