Police Combat Shotgun with beanbag rounds

Joshbond

Question

Hi All,

So the idea is very simple for cops.

So for many squad spawns we have access to the combat shotgun as these days criminals are very deadly. However this CS takes away our beanbag shotgun (pump shotgun). Yes the pump shotgun has a lethal alt but cmon we all know its dog shit in lethal PVP due to rate of fire.

So I think it would be fair if the CS shotgun for squads had an ALT fire mode (like pump shotgun) which activated the bean bag rounds to slow criminals. So primary fire is lethal and secondary fire (alt) is bean bag. This should only be permitted for squads.

Also trainees, PC spawns, State trooper and wardens should only have pump shotgun. Not be permitted the CS ALT fire ability as suggested, as only squads should be allowed this.

~[EDIT: Adding suggestion by riley. If you want to change between lethal and beanbag ammo on the CS you would need to wait 5 seconds. Its not an instant change.]~(red)

• Answers 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

@Joshbond said in Police Combat Shotgun with beanbag rounds:

@Markus said in Police Combat Shotgun with beanbag rounds:

I think it would be good to try for 1-2 weeks and if it is seen as too OP, than simply be removed. I am happy to admit when someone is OP but I honestly dont think it is.

Kill-arrest system was supposed to be implemented for some weeks too, look at it now

Yes I understand that but I believe they kept it as it was fair?

Markus am I wrong to say that majority of banks/jail breaks are successful? I believe they are because of the amount of crims/cops.

If it was reverted back to the original system (arrest in jail/bank) it would be too easy for criminals to rob banks/jail break. Dont you think?

there needs to be a challenge for both sides.

Want a challenge? Don't implement this CS Beanbag shit and keep the regular Shotgun

I think it would be good to try for 1-2 weeks and if it is seen as too OP, than simply be removed. I am happy to admit when someone is OP but I honestly dont think it is.

Kill-arrest system was supposed to be implemented for some weeks too, look at it now

Yes I understand that but I believe they kept it as it was fair?

Markus am I wrong to say that majority of banks/jail breaks are successful? I believe they are because of the amount of crims/cops.

If it was reverted back to the original system (arrest in jail/bank) it would be too easy for criminals to rob banks/jail break. Dont you think?

there needs to be a challenge for both sides.

Want a challenge? Don't implement this CS Beanbag shit and keep the regular Shotgun

Ok well lets removed nades from criminals? give you guys a challange as well. As standing on a hedge/low level roof is just too easy

I love how Joe has to get very personal very quickly. Very immature for a SAES Clan member. Grow up Joe.

If you disagree with my suggestion that is your prerogative but you don't need to be a cunt about it. Simply say your reason and cast your vote, nothing else needed.

That is what I did, I think you misunderstand what being personal is.

I called your idea shit, that's not personal. I stated your reasoning for your idea is shit, again this is not personal.

You calling me a cunt and tell me to grow up because I disagree with your shit idea - that is being personal.

Clearly your idea isn't received well by the community, you fighting for it at this point is frivilous.

@Joe said in Police Combat Shotgun with beanbag rounds:

I love how Joe has to get very personal very quickly. Very immature for a SAES Clan member. Grow up Joe.

If you disagree with my suggestion that is your prerogative but you don't need to be a cunt about it. Simply say your reason and cast your vote, nothing else needed.

That is what I did, I think you misunderstand what being personal is.

I called your idea shit, that's not personal. I stated your reasoning for your idea is shit, again this is not personal.

You calling me a cunt and tell me to grow up because I disagree with your shit idea - that is being personal.

Clearly your idea isn't received well by the community, you fighting for it at this point is frivilous.

Not saying you are a cunt, I am saying you dont need to act like a cunt. There is a difference between acting like one and being one.

There are more constructive ways with discussing peoples suggestion, just saying its 'shit' is not uselful.

A few people including yourself have said yes it would be overpowered but I honestly dont think it would considering the delay between changing ammunition (Lethal to non-lethal).

I think people are forgetting this. Hence why I said why not try it out? If it is really that OP as people think it is, which I highly doubt it will be, its easy to revert back.

In my opinion, that would just be unfair for criminal side. Cops are good as they are now, it would be unbalanced to buff cops or even buff criminals plus combat shotgun fire rate is not the same as shotgun, which would make unfair if you are chasing a group of criminals and you could slow them all with combat shotgun.

Imo you don't need a CS to patrol since you can't even shoot with it from inside a car.
If you'd get into a fight where CS would be worth to use then that would mean the person would probably be close enough for you to use your taser.
I personally never felt the need to use lethal fire from a pump shotgun when playing as a cop.

What else you guys want ?
Isn't "Kill-Arrest" enough already ?
Like is not easy enough,Go ahead and ask for the old tazer: 1 shoot insta jailed.

I'm tired of cops complaning that is too hard or something like this,well you see the reason why we crims suceed more in JBs,BRs and SRs is because we work as a team,unlike cops that most of the time i see y'all rushing alone to a crowd of criminals

@VinnyBL Its not hard to work in a team when you just need to fire down 2 corridors and just spray lol

Thats not really team work is it. Thats just spray and pray.

Cops are the ones who actually have to team work and tell people when we will throw a flash (which do fuck all in banks) and than co-ordinate when to peak corners or charge.

I am tired of criminals acting like they have a hard time. Crim life is too easy.... why do you think more people play crim instead of cop.

@BusterMcBadass CS is very important for jails/banks. I am always getting CS by a crim who is behind a wall (because of how the hit registry system works)

If I tried to use a m4 I would not hit them but using a CS i can hit them back.

@BusterMcBadass said in Police Combat Shotgun with beanbag rounds:

@Joshbond But didnt you mention squads have spawns with CS already? Wouldnt this be wasting scripters time on something that doesnt really need work? You could just literally switch weapons and it will work fine, right?

Im a bit lost with your comment? I dont fully understand what you mean.

Most squads including FBI have their second spawn with CS shotgun as that spawn also has more ammunition and flashbangs. So the level 3+ like to use that spawn to ensure they have enough ammunition.

@BusterMcBadass said in Police Combat Shotgun with beanbag rounds:

@Joshbond Yeah

I still dont understand your point?

You asked for CS with beanbag rounds because pump shotgun occupies CS place. Well isnt that just being lazy? If theres a bankrob or jb just go buy a CS, when youre done and you want to patrol you can either respawn or just buy the pump again.
I personally think scripters should spend scripting time with something else because this imo is not a good enough reason for it to be given work.

I dont like this suggestion, How on earth do you want CS to have beanbag rounds?, there is a reason that normal squad spawns dont have it while HQ spawns do. In real life the normal donut-eating officer that patrols around the streets uses beanbag rounds or anything similar, since he shouldnt use lethal force. While Elite officers like SWAT can use lethal weapons similar to CS. Because they deal with much more dangerous situations where lethal force is required such as bank robs etc.

TL;DR
Bad suggestion. Junior squad members should stick with the shotgun, if they want cs they can buy it.

@Xavier well in real, low level crims would not have advanced weapons like a M4 or sniper rifle or combat shotgun. So should gangs only be allowed colt 45, deagle, pump shotgun and ak47. Yeah thats more realistic

@Xavier well in real, low level crims would not have advanced weapons like a M4 or sniper rifle or combat shotgun. So should gangs only be allowed colt 45, deagle, pump shotgun and ak47. Yeah thats more realistic

Well none of the gangs on the server can be considered "low level crims", even the crip/hood gangs, Those "advanced weapons" arent that expensive, especially if you are a gang that can rob houses and banks. Your argument is rather economical while mine was role-play based. However, we can have different opinions about i just dont think it fits the RP of a police officer, and i also think it would be bad for gameplay.

@Joshbond definition of team-work: the combined action of a group of people, especially when effective and efficient.
Still it what we do is team-work.

Also criminals life is not easy as think,you have to shoot cops multiple times with a heavy gun, even worst if you have high ping like me,the server may not count a few shoots.While you guys just have shoot us once with a light weapon and hit us with also a light meele weapon,hell you guys don't even have to switch to the nightstick,it automatically does when you hit someone with the tazer,and also you don't even need to hit us with it,just press F and kick our bodies.

I'm just asking for a fair balance, and the way it is,is good.

AAPD deffinition of teamwork: "usman, you take chshotgun, me rubbershotgun ok"

joshbond deffinition of teamwork: we need combatshotgun & rubbershotgun in one, because cops have absolute nothing!(besides armored cars, fastest & easyest handling 4-door cars, kill-arrests, 1639383x cars & helis at base, one hit arrest, flashbangs, stingers, more ammo, random sr system, automatic weaponchange to nightsick, the easy abusable spray and the k-pannel with live location in a blibless server)

just join a gang for 2-4 weeks & come afterwards to this topic here, telling again how gangs dont need teaming, and how gangs have so much extras copside doesnt have like gangcars with v8 & awd, oh wait gangs dont even have v8 cars, we need to buy from our money instead, whilest you cry about normal copcars are slower than sportcars with v8, whilest even traines have faster copcars than any gangcar