Police Combat Shotgun with beanbag rounds

Joshbond

Question

Hi All,

So the idea is very simple for cops.

So for many squad spawns we have access to the combat shotgun as these days criminals are very deadly. However this CS takes away our beanbag shotgun (pump shotgun). Yes the pump shotgun has a lethal alt but cmon we all know its dog shit in lethal PVP due to rate of fire.

So I think it would be fair if the CS shotgun for squads had an ALT fire mode (like pump shotgun) which activated the bean bag rounds to slow criminals. So primary fire is lethal and secondary fire (alt) is bean bag. This should only be permitted for squads.

Also trainees, PC spawns, State trooper and wardens should only have pump shotgun. Not be permitted the CS ALT fire ability as suggested, as only squads should be allowed this.

~[EDIT: Adding suggestion by riley. If you want to change between lethal and beanbag ammo on the CS you would need to wait 5 seconds. Its not an instant change.]~(red)

• Answers 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The cop side is already easier than it used to be. If you want to shoot rubber bullets with SPAZ.. no problem, but make a cooldown.
For example: if you switch to rubber bullet, then before you could switch back to harmful rounds you should wait 5 secs.

Im with the criminals on this one and dont want to have to keep using alt to have letal mode on combat shotgun
Just leave the 2 shotguns different so we can have to pick the best one for the situation

A SPAZ is meant to be a lethal weapon. I see no reason in adding a non-lethal function to it, while it's main use is army forces. Now, you're telling you not only want to have a toggleable lethal in a regular shotgun but also, in a Combat shotgun, making it a nobrainer in how a cop should play. So it'd be a "I give a fuck about choosing between utility with a regular shotgun or lethal damage with a combat shotgun because I can have the best of the two worlds with a toggleable combat shotgun". Nowadays you guys want it too easy, it's the day and I barely see any cop using a Shotgun, while you get like a lot of advantages out of a simple slow.

copside seems like not beeing op enough, you have alrdy k-pannel with live moovieng blibs in a blibless server + armored police cars, just being armor & tazerarrest back than its fair again i guess..

you are not patrolling alone, just use teaming skills as any gang does & as any squad did earlyer. one/2 of u can use normal rubbershotgun & others can use combatshotgun, it works really good this way with AAPD

@Tut-Greco said in Police Combat Shotgun with beanbag rounds:

Emergency classes should have the ability to switch between taser/deagle, shotgun/spaz imo

@Tut-Greco maybe a standard colt pistol instead of a deagle? As it helps in solo chasing if the cop car isn't fast enough by solo drive-by and popping the criminal's tires before he escapes. Also the glock (which is used by the US police) looks more similar to a colt than a deagle.

Don't you think the balance between the two sides is distorted enough? Oh, wait you said, "So I think it would be fair if the CS shotgun for squads had an ALT fire mode". Why don't you just take advantage of the advantages you already have? And if any cop can't get the criminals with current situations :shrug:

Well us squads need something because every group is being made available for gang members which is OP. So why cant us squads have something nice for once??

Selfish gang members just want everything to themselves.

@Joshbond said in Police Combat Shotgun with beanbag rounds:

Well us squads need something because every group is being made available for gang members which is OP. So why cant us squads have something nice for once??

Well, what you just said is not typically wrong but incorrectly projected here. Criminals have "groups" which are "OP" doesn't prove that you need a gun that shoots 8 rounds one after another which can easily slow anyone down; there is no fun in arresting that way. Solution for this is already out there, 2 squad spawns, the normal one always having a normal Shotgun (with rubber bullets) and another one basically for HQs or trusted members with a CS specifically designed for Combat Operations (meaning, when you are not patrolling out on streets catching criminals).

"OP groups" as you stated only make 1 sense to me and that is fast vehicles and dual guns, which no doubt is advantageous but then Kill Arrest, automated SR, Fast cars (police dodge) is also advantageous to the "cops". And about "groups" being made for just criminal gang members, I agree on that and thus I'd be looking forwards to your SFC apply. Good day

Come up with an idea that isn't shit and I imagine people would come round.

This isn't a case of cops vs criminals, this is a case of whether or not people want a bad idea implemented.

Justifying the addition of something which in theory is going to be incredibly over powered and incredibly unrealistic that is going to completely upset the balance of the server with "WHY CANT WE HAVE SOMETHING NICE????" is ridiculous.

@TaJ said in Police Combat Shotgun with beanbag rounds:

Well, what you just said is not typically wrong but incorrectly projected here. Criminals have "groups" which are "OP" doesn't prove that you need a gun that shoots 8 rounds one after another which can easily slow anyone down; there is no fun in arresting that way. Solution for this is already out there, 2 squad spawns, the normal one always having a normal Shotgun (with rubber bullets) and another one basically for HQs or trusted members with a CS specifically designed for Combat Operations (meaning, when you are not patrolling out on streets catching criminals).

"OP groups" as you stated only make 1 sense to me and that is fast vehicles and dual guns, which no doubt is advantageous but then Kill Arrest, automated SR, Fast cars (police dodge) is also advantageous to the "cops". And about "groups" being made for just criminal gang members, I agree on that and thus I'd be looking forwards to your SFC apply. Good day

There is de for those op groups, I have seen them keeping the situation in control, well until @Slaine shows up...

DE have tanks/hydras & a submarine shooting rockets, why cant AA have this?
i mean AA have alrdy a ship, why no submarine with rockets? thats no fair!

and dont forget the ss ninjas, they are blibless, no name & hp showing over head & they have a fking ufo, even clo doesent have this

just come to AAPD school, only 10k!
we teach you how 2 people can have combatshotgun & a rubbershotgun at once

I love how Joe has to get very personal very quickly. Very immature for a SAES Clan member. Grow up Joe.

If you disagree with my suggestion that is your prerogative but you don't need to be a cunt about it. Simply say your reason and cast your vote, nothing else needed.

@MrDeathBoy said in Police Combat Shotgun with beanbag rounds:

I'd vote a 'no'
imagine irl a police officer patrolling with combat shotgun
??
I Believe it's better for cops to arrest but it might ruin the game

I understand your view however IRL police do patrol with a 'combat' shotgun and have different ammunition. This includes lethal and non-lethal ammunition. So actually the suggestion is realistic but I think a lot of people are presuming its OP.

I honestly dont think it would be OP because of the delay (5 seconds) between changing from lethal to non-lethal, which represents changing ammunition.

I think it would be good to try for 1-2 weeks and if it is seen as too OP, than simply be removed. I am happy to admit when someone is OP but I honestly dont think it is.

@Markus said in Police Combat Shotgun with beanbag rounds:

I think it would be good to try for 1-2 weeks and if it is seen as too OP, than simply be removed. I am happy to admit when someone is OP but I honestly dont think it is.

Kill-arrest system was supposed to be implemented for some weeks too, look at it now

Yes I understand that but I believe they kept it as it was fair?

Markus am I wrong to say that majority of banks/jail breaks are successful? I believe they are because of the amount of crims/cops.

If it was reverted back to the original system (arrest in jail/bank) it would be too easy for criminals to rob banks/jail break. Dont you think?

There needs to be a challenge for both sides. Like what can cops do when criminals jump on hedges/low level roofs and get sprayed up while jumping up, we cant do fuck all. Which makes it very hard for us, which is fine but we need something to help us where it can.