[Suggestion] Local Chat above characters

Majima

Question

What I mean with the topic's title is having the localchat appear above the characters for easier communication/roleplay (see picture below).
It kinda sucks when the server has a lot of players online and the main & Cc chat is being spammed while you are trying to talk with someone via localchat.
I remember when I used to play MTA in earlier days, some servers had this.

EDIT: Local chat should show in Main chat and above characters.
alt text

20 answers to this question

Imagine having 20 persons in the same local!?
Also how can this be usefull if you are keeping the LocalChat? I can't see that...
imagine that you want to take a few screens while you are RPing but you don't want to hide the HUD, in order to post it as it is or you will just cut the screens later.

If it's shown for every local message, no. A command to show the text bubble, like Tut suggested, would be better. But what I would prefer instead is an option to toggle the main chat, or every chat other than local. It would be better for RP purposes only being able to see local chat messages and actions in the chat box.

@Bangas said in [Suggestion] Local Chat above characters:

Also how can this be usefull if you are keeping the LocalChat? I can't see that...

That is how most roleplay games out there work, they have local chat both in bubble and chat window.
As for 20 people talking in local chat, the difference is that you can look over their head and simply read the message. If there are no bubbles you have to read the normal chat window. Now those 20 people are all talking in that chat window, but you are also getting party messages, PM's, CC chat, global, team chat, radio and more, all in that tiny chat box in the corner. Realisitcally, bubbles are easier to keep track of.

As for screenshots, pretty sure that /showchat could be made to hide the bubbles too.

If you manage to success at the voting stage, I'd like to ask for a way to disable it. This can be a wonderful script when you have one or two friends speaking with you. As the others said above, at events or storerobs it would just cover the whole screen.

@DROT said in [Suggestion] Local Chat above characters:

@Bangas said in [Suggestion] Local Chat above characters:

That is how most roleplay games out there work, they have local chat both in bubble and chat window.
As for 20 people talking in local chat, the difference is that you can look over their head and simply read the message. If there are no bubbles you have to read the normal chat window. Now those 20 people are all talking in that chat window, but you are also getting party messages, PM's, CC chat, global, team chat, radio and more, all in that tiny chat box in the corner. Realisitcally, bubbles are easier to keep track of.

As for screenshots, pretty sure that /showchat could be made to hide the bubbles too.

well as the others said above if you are going to do it at least make a command to disable it, there is no reason to complain about if this cmmand gets implemented.

@Realzappster said in [Suggestion] Local Chat above characters:

@Marko Read text under poll bro.

Text was not there at the beginning, and ye i read it.
didn't read the comments but i just dont wanna see a cloud of text in SRs/JBs or at LV x for example

if it can be be only done for /party where you need to invite a specific amount of people in it to see that cloud u want for RPs, it would be great