Spotify

Zei

Question

Well idk why but i had this idea whrn i woke up in the morning and i was like, it can be it, so basically why don't we add an app on the M panel that is called spotfiy and you should login withyour spotify account and then you put the link of the song or the playlist and you can play it either alone or on your car.

15 answers to this question

@Zei said in Spotify:

@Markus what if we getthe authorization from spotify ?

Doubt they will ever respond to our messages, at the end, what do they win from a server that gathers around 200 players on best times, and only around 20 or less will use it

@Skerdi said in Spotify:

You know copyright, and shit make it impossible for us to use those apps

Spotify regulates a fair use of the website as long as it's not being used for piracy and illegal technicalities and such. However, if their website is being illegally streamed outside of its inner circle, then I think that can propose some problems within the limitations of the said-script. A most ptobable safe solution to this is to just have a web browser-like script that directs you to the website itself (open.spotify.com).

:::

alt text

:::

tl;dr - In my own knowledge, I think a Spotify script is possible, otherwise just play it on your browser.

@Markus said in Spotify:

@DROT said in Spotify:

Enabling youtube links to be played via M url searchbar would be great too! All that converting and stream links is a pain in the ass.

I think that has the same copyright policy

Hardly, there is already an option for admins to play direct YouTube links via portable radio, there is also YouTube option in cinema alongside Twitch which opens the youtube itself, not just running url like M does. With those already existing, I can't think of a valid reason as to why M is limited to mp3 stream urls which is impractical and often complicated.

@DROT said in Spotify:

@Markus said in Spotify:

@DROT said in Spotify:

Enabling youtube links to be played via M url searchbar would be great too! All that converting and stream links is a pain in the ass.

I think that has the same copyright policy

Hardly, there is already an option for admins to play direct YouTube links via portable radio, there is also YouTube option in cinema alongside Twitch which opens the youtube itself, not just running its url like M does. With those already existing, I can't think of a valid reason as to why M is limited to mp3 stream urls which is impractical and often complicated.

Perhaps yeah, once I suggested the same thing similar to yours and some copyright things were brang out but idk

I don't see what the point would be of opening spotify in MTA, just use your browser or the spotify desktop app. (Same goes for youtube).

Technically whilst we could allow you to open Spotify ingame using an ingame browser these browsers do not store persistent data across sessions. So no cookies, which means you will have to log in again every time you connect to the server.

Legally, opening a browser is no problem, implementing our own spotify player would be a problem.

Also since the point of youtube came up, downloading (or converting) mp3s from youtube is against Youtube's terms of service, so no matter whether or not this is possible we will not support it.