Prohibiting Water tank cars @SR

KarDeL

I've been deciding this since long time ago but this time i just want to share my thoughts about this water tank cars at sr, isnt too much op or a bit unbalanced because shooting it is the only way to stop the tank car because nades arent allowed at sr and the tank car is not normal car it has too much armor and many bullets or shooters needed to make it stop after doing a massive effect to crims in sr and cops can easy arrest crims specially for those who got down by water tank car like after being down another cop will come to you so thats it.

I'm not hating these things as cops i know that this thing is the work of cops but i'm willing to listen to your feedbacks abouts this and additionaly this water tank car can be usefull in turfs, preparing of br, and cr, and vip, but in sr for me because for me the main purpose of this is about the riot suspensions. for me its not applicable as we are in the rp server 

About cops side too additionally cops cant be do the arrest thing if theres a  1 or more guy doing the water tank car at the sr because the cop can be down too because of the water and it can make an issue between the two cops.. (for example one cop tased the crim inside the sr and the cop using the tank hit the cop who tased the crim and the crim so the ending the crim can be escape quickly after being tased by a cop that got  down too because of water tank

Edited by KarDeL
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

I actually understand your point here and how annoying it is to keep rolling on the floor kek.

Anyways I think limiting it would be better (some kind of cooldown like nitro?), at this point with the lack of resources the police team has to access the roof of the SR easily, you're only encouraging having a shitton of shamals kamikazing into your head, which is ridiculous. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Henry said:

I actually understand your point here and how annoying it is to keep rolling on the floor kek.

Anyways I think limiting it would be better (some kind of cooldown like nitro?), at this point with the lack of resources the police team has to access the roof of the SR easily, you're only encouraging having a shitton of shamals kamikazing into your head, which is ridiculous. 

Helicopters can be used from cops too in SRs, theres a cool bind /helidrop where passengers drop with ropes, also, so I think Kardel's suggestion is good since cops are much more powerful during SRs and this is a good suggestion to fix it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chaplin said:

Helicopters can be used from cops too in SRs, theres a cool bind /helidrop where passengers drop with ropes, also, so I think Kardel's suggestion is good since cops are much more powerful during SRs and this is a good suggestion to fix it.

Implying an helicopter withstands the constant damage of weaponry while helidropping. I still think the SWAT tank should have a cooldown itself, so we do not depend on adding additional rules for every single activity. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Henry said:

Implying an helicopter withstands the constant damage of weaponry while helidropping. I still think the SWAT tank should have a cooldown itself, so we do not depend on adding additional rules for every single activity. 

Putting cooldown on those things is the best idea for crims and cops side and it can be call also as "fair" adjustments for the both sides but let's see if theres another cop or crim side is want to talk about this issue and may change our minds (but ye, Chaplin's said that theres 1 more can cop use vehichles not only that water tank car to dominate an sr)

Edited by KarDeL

• 4 weeks later...

Putting cooldown on those things is the best idea for crims and cops side and it can be call also as "fair" adjustments for the both sides

How about adding a "storage tank" for the water, say 200 gallons. Have it run out after so many seconds of use so you will be forced to stop and refill at a fire hydrant or a water station.

Edited by bigmike
  • Like 1

The water tank is simply a no-counter to all criminals, it puts you on ground over and over again without having anything to counter it.

I`ve seen many times more than 2 water tanks in SR and guess what? its a simply no-play.

I would suggest having some kind of storage just like Nitros or just make it not allowed at SR as its a special vehicle(CLO/DE cant have anything special in SR, I dont really understand how that rule doesnt applies to cops)

You can also make it allowed ONLY if CLO is at SR?

• Like 1

SR is one activity which cops frequently manage to win, but even with SWAT tanks it doesn't mean that they win in a great majority of cases. Criminals get 8/8 safes cracked in 90%+ of bank robberies and that's somehow not a problem that needs resolving, I don't see why we'd suddenly need to nerf something that does not shift the win ratio in cops' favour significantly when criminals still successfully complete SRs in spite of swat tanks. SWAT tank was around for 10+ years and still criminals rob stores left and right.

This sounds like looking for a fix for something that isn't broken. To put it bluntly, criminals do not need to have an advantage in every single activity on this server. Sometimes cops can have an advantage too, one of the few activities that they have a fair standing in is the SR and that's partially thanks to the swat tank. Yes some SRs are closer to tank spawn locations than others and that means that the balance is shifted in cops' favour. But some SRs are in hard to reach places with many rooftops and hills from which criminals can snipe or stand in the circle far off the ground thus being extremely difficult to arrest, should we be banning use of high places too then because criminals gain a massive advantage from them?

What can you do about it? Get off the SR roof and shoot the tank or snipe the driver. The vehicle's health is higher than average but it can still be destroyed within seconds by one person. The driver can be easily shot and killed too. Besides the ability to knock a player off of their feet, the tank can do nothing else - a second cop still needs to reach you to arrest you. You greatly outnumber the cops so use that fact to spread out and take them or their vehicles out.

On 03/11/2023 at 06:42, KarDeL said:

for me its not applicable as we are in the rp server 

We are not. SAES is not an RP server.

• Like 3