[FEATURE] parking mode to prevent car respawn

General

Votation  

30 members have voted

1. 1. vote niggers

Question

suggesting a feature to put you on park mode so whenever u wanna park, your cars don't respawn so you leave ur car parked and it doesn't respawn this is for RP purposes useful for specific car-related events, or SAI pull overs.

Car limit is one

Rules

???

Features

toggle on by M panel

Automatically toggles off for the parked vehicle if it's destroyed, if the player leaves or spawns another vehicle.

Edited by General
fixing terms
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 answers to this question

Having one vehicle that an online player last entered/interacted with not be affected by the vehicle respawn would mean 1 unrespawnable vehicle per each player at most.

I think that this probably wouldn't affect the server performance negatively too much if at all. More so with the current low player count.

So I agree with the idea although more than 1 vehicle per 1 player is probably an unnecessary overkill.

• Like 3

@ZarcWell people who lag the server intentionally can be banned that is already known by common sense, so only use it for RP, and to park when you need it, a rule would be like during specific events like LWS jefferson motel, you don't enable it.

That's a good point too, maybe only 1 or 2 car max although I would first try with 5 considering types of RP, but yeah..

Edited by General

Actually it is really good idea but what about just giving this ability to Groups only because you know in SRs/CRs/BRs Crims are always rushing with their cars and just leave it in the middle of the road so i feel like this ability would be better for Groups only to be honest but it is cool idea 👍

• Like 1

@AmmarrA problem is during RP pull overs the criminal's car will respawn messing up anyone's RP (if anyone still RPs like SAI)

Rules would be:

-not use during SRs, Jefferson motel event, JBs, BRs

-and not use if you're just gonna respawn and use another vehicle then come back to the same area for criminal/cop activities respawn your vehicle this'll leave some work to admins 

Drot had a good point with max, let it be 1 vehicle max 

There is a event where you put your vehicle to see who's the better, would be useful to apply this for such events.

Edited by General
  • Moist 1

@BurakO @Groove

You could do roadblocks as they're far away from SR, that's no abuse but I don't think people will like that so it's not allowed, your vehicles will get dmed anyways, and if y'all abuse it you'll lag, and you need dozens of people, so I don't think someone would abuse it for lag so no.

And if u do successfully get a ton of people to get more than 20 Cars including ones able to respawn you will be banned because admins don't tolerate such things.

• Haha 1

A big -1 from me. 

This is the most useless suggestion i have ever seen. If you don't want your car to be respawned, just get in and wait until the respawn is over. Considering the current player count and how badly optimized the server is, this might cause a lot of fps troubles, especially for those with low end pcs. Additionally, some people will abuse this feature, leading to numerous adminjails. Just think about it, you're suggesting adding more rules to a server that already has a lot of rules, just to prevent abusing an unnecessary feature. Do you want to make the server unplayable by adding unnecessary rules?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

@Malapumba

You cannot get in vehicles when you're doing a RP, and people tend to forget.

The limit of parked vehicles are 1 per player. A ton of people probably won't even enable it because first it would be in M, and won't be binded, Yes the server has a ton of rules, but they will keep being added, and still it has a ton of lag for low end specs with vehicles, it still has lag no matter what, PDs have lag, events have lag, JBs, and BRs have lag so there is no point in not adding it really.

Its just that simple to add a rule to it, and it's possible that most people may not even use it during JBs, SRs, and BRs because they just go straight to them and drop off in a fast manner with no parking, engines or lights off so imagine them actually bothering to use the M toggle.

You won't get 10 people to abuse it everyday, and if they do they'll be banned and you won't see them again, and rules are added everytime, there were new rules added like CR rules so really just add a new rule because you can't stop rules from existing as there will be always new features, what you say is pointless and nonsense.

People still abuse with bridges there is no much of a difference anyways because the time for respawn is very fucking long, go to any LWS motel event and wait for the cars to respawn and you will see what I'm talking about.

The conclusion is that this feature won't harm the server any worse than it already is, it won't be a huge issue for players.

It's meant to be RP which is about a minority of the server's player base.

Edited by General
  • Haha 1

The vehicles once destroyed will be toggled parking mode off automatically, and if you spawn another vehicle so it would be a harmless suggestion, people harm the server anyways with or without this suggestion. 

Just dont use it for blockades, allowed for emergencies, and events but if they get destroyed or you spawn other vehicle they'll be respawned if respawn is on. Same if the players leave.

Simple fix, and there will be no issue.

Edited by General
  • Haha 1