[TURFS] What would you like to see added/changed/removed etc

Brophy

Question

I am gonna drop-by and drop this from a previous suggestion I have made to change turf wars:

This was a suggestion that was already brought up in the past and now by @Dinaz. If you could introduce a cooldown to turf zones, that appears immediately after a zone is taken or defended, it would help immensely. The attackers can take zones, and the opposition is forced to defend. I'd suggest having the cooldown at ~30 mins because 10 minutes would have little to no impact. The same goes for 15 minutes. Gangs would just wait for the cooldown to disappear and then attack the zone to slow down the attackers consistently, as they are then forced to defend on 2 or more fronts again. There should also be a cooldown for successfully defending a zone, so gangs cannot attack 1 zone over and over again. Furthermore, to prevent abuse from defenders, that spray immediately after a zone is getting attacked (so they get progress down to 0 or below 0 to get a defender cooldown, which should also be fixed by the way - To clarify: When a defender sprays a freshly attacked zone, the progress falls into a negative amount. As a result, the zone is defended) a certain amount of progress is needed to trigger a cooldown for the zone: 100 progress should at least be reached for the cooldown to take effect. 100, because spraying 3 times achieves progress of 45, so you would need to farm 55 more progress to get a cooldown as a defender. Such a thing would also prevent people or allies from accidentally triggering and leaving a zone, which results in an attacker being unable to take the zone.

An example of how this would work out: ThC attacks a Z zone, ThC gets over 100 progress, thus if Z successfully defends, the zone would have a cooldown. If ThC takes the zone, said cooldown will also appear. If an ally of ThC accidentally attacks the zone and gets defended by Z immediately, there will be no cooldown as 100 progress was not reached.

Through this minor change, gangs would have to be strategic about which zone they attack, as it could very well turn out to be a waste of time if defended. Defenders need to defend or they would lose more zones. More momentum/movement for an attacker, less stagnation. Longer turf wars, longer fun.

TLDR:

Spoiler

The suggestion is to introduce a cooldown period for turf zones in order to promote strategic gameplay. After a zone is taken or defended, a cooldown of approximately 30 minutes would be imposed. This would force the opposition to defend and prevent gangs from continuously attacking the same zone. To trigger a cooldown for a zone, a certain amount of progress (at least 100) would need to be reached. This prevents defenders from abusing the system by immediately spraying a zone to defend it. The proposed change would encourage strategic decision-making, create longer and more engaging turf wars, and prevent attackers from wasting time on defended zones.

Edited by Crank
Adjusted minimum turf progress to be 100
  • Like 11
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Blue said:

Allow cops to neutralise the turf zones, you could disable arresting and give them the freedom to headshots or toss grenades, or you could enable arresting and reduce jail time only for turf zones without hs / nades. Also ensure that cops collaborate rather than fight against each other.  You could achieve that by doing for example; You could try implementing a system where the turf zone percentage decreases based on the presence of official squad members inside the zone. This means that the more official squad members are present, regardless of the organization they belong to, the faster the zone percentage will drop. It would encourage collaboration among squad members and motivate them to actively participate in turf control.

5 hours ago, Brophy said:

Perhaps cops could be used to "neutralise" turfs rather than hold them?

I am strictly against having cops decrease the turf zone percentages, as this would highly benefit the defender. For gang members, it is already annoying enough to have cops raid the zones and arrest them for an unreasonable amount of time.

This change is going to cause two consequences:

1. Gang members will get bored and quit the game after consistently being thrown into jail (which at the moment is already the case when cops decide to raid turf zones)
2. There will be no incentive for gang members to engage in turf wars when there are a high number of cops present. Since turf wars were dead for months I highly discourage to introduce a change that is going to massively overpower cops.

Turf wars are primarily designed for gang members to have fun DMing. The moment you introduce a reward for cops to actively pursue turf wars and arrest gang members, you will make turf wars a pain in the ass and throw it into an abyss.

Imagine this scenario: A gang is attempting to take a zone from another gang. The attacker is effectively killing off the defenders and is winning. 1 cops rolls around and one-shot killarrests 3 attackers, leaving the attacker with no ability to continue taking the turf zone. The defender gets massively rewarded, because they get to keep the zone, the 1 cop gets a few arrests on his hand and the attacker gets massively discouraged. Now do that on a daily basis and you will have gangs staying away from turf wars.

You should think of another solution to include cops in turf wars. Perhaps you can have cops as a "third party" and reward them for killing gang members inside turf zones WITHOUT arresting them and throwing them into jail. Cops should have NO influence on turf progress whatsoever and should not be able to kill-arrest inside turf zones, even with a lower jail cooldown.

Edited by Crank
  • Like 16
  • Haha 1

+ for cooldown idea as detailed by Cr@nk

About rewarding % bar points for kills scored by defending/attacking gang members only - make it around 10 points per kill, so there is more impact by it and less impact by mere quantity of players in zone

About vehicles - vehicles can be too effective in turf, they're like armor or free ticket to escaping from danger, they help defender/attacker with influencing % bar quite a lot and reduce incentive to fight which is less interesting. A simple fix would be giving -1 point or maybe -2 point % bar reduction penalty per defender/attacker that is inside, entering or exiting a vehicle at the time the % bar ticks (every 5 sec or idk how often the % tick happens in turf)

About sniper headshot - it has been suggested before, remove headshot feature from half turf zones, the other half of zones can stay with it to please everyone. The turf combat of pre 2020 was fun too and still missed by some today who don't prefer a single wep to have so much influence over other weps

About cops wanting to turf - I don't really think cops are dying from boredom with the recent kill or jail chances offered by turfing gangs. But if cops wanted to have some way to turf in similar way to crims now, probably Ace's suggestion would be decent to make separate crim vs cop turf activity at separately made zones, rules for it. Otherwise there might be a mess trying to include squads in the current crim turf script

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

Allow cops to neutralise the turf zones, you could disable arresting and give them the freedom to headshots or toss grenades, or you could enable arresting and reduce jail time only for turf zones without hs / nades. Also ensure that cops collaborate rather than fight against each other.  You could achieve that by doing for example; You could try implementing a system where the turf zone percentage decreases based on the presence of official squad members inside the zone. This means that the more official squad members are present, regardless of the organization they belong to, the faster the zone percentage will drop. It would encourage collaboration among squad members and motivate them to actively participate in turf control.

• Like 5
  • Haha 6
  • Moist 1

1) don't involve cops on turfs, aslong copside is active none would want to turf because a bunch of cops would raid and that's is annoying enough already, cops can already neutralize a turf...

2) fix co-pilot immortal players on motorbikes, you can't hit nor headshot anyone on the motorbike's backseat.

3) disallow aircraft usage in turfs.

4) allow CLO to attend as cop-killers only?

5) MAKE AN ARREST-LOGS, some trash players helps some side or another by arresting only 1 side of the turf, this is a rulebreak but to justify a report you have to take screenshots of him arresting, using logs list would be easier to identify if he helped one side or arrested both.

6) delete MC top zone, it sucks and it's a pain in the ass to reach there everytime someone gets killed, that's why people use aircrafts (even from APs, donations, which is not allowed because they spawn on donation icons)

7) the cooldown stuff you talking about it doesn't look bad, but should be over 100/200 progress, not 50, by trigger the zone and spray it thrice you already have 45/200 so you reach it value so fast.

• Like 11
  • Haha 2
  • Moist 1

I would love to see few changes that, in my opinion will bring more action to the server.

1. Yes, bring the cop side to the turfs. Me personally, never been in a sqaud and I am not really met with their activity besides sr, brs and vips which must be really boring after some time. Turfs for the cop side would bring a new activity for them , but remove their ability to arrest. Arresting would ruin the balance. Two proper cops could stop 10+ gang members, just by spamming left mouse and send them to 6 minutes in jail. Turfs should be just a weapon battle. 

2.  Remove the turf participation if you are in a vehicle - mostly BMX and NRG. They are buggy, hard to shoot the target if its riding those bikes and ruins the turf experience. As I mention above, turfs should be a war, not a chase of BMXs riding around the zone and top of that getting %. 

3.  I saw in other suggestions about gaining % for the turf for each kill a gang member make, which  I really like. This can really show the skills of each gang and their membership overall. 

4. I also agree with the turf zone's cooldown after it's been captured by a organisation, but shouldn't be more than 20 minutes. 

5. And the main suggestion I would love to see is a new misions to the turf wars. Turf wars are the main activity of the server ( in my opinion ) and once the war ends, there is nothing to do besides SRs and VIPs and of course if you have done your daily amounts of BRs.  Once a organisation owns a turf zone, its get paid by each hour аutomatically.  Organisations should go and collect their ''goods'' by every hour in each zone with various vehicles such as bobcat,picador ( for smaller deliverys ), DFT (for medium deliverys) and a RoadTrain with a trailer (for bigger deliverys). Those supplies missions will be raid-able and other organisations ( gangs and squads ) could steal it for their own benefit. If the supplies are delivered successfully to the organisations's base, organisations could get different rewards such as: 

- Money which goes to the gang panel.  (  You could also remove the option to get money during the take of the zone , organisation members should be ready to finance their wars. )

- Weapons and drugs ( Add a organisation ''safe'' or ''warehouse'' which will hold their weapons and drugs).

Option 1. Remove the spawn weapons each organisation get by their level, make them ''work'' for their weapons.  If a organisation can't win any turfs , they still could be able to steal the deliveries made by other organisations. If the organisations still struggle to win their own weapons, they could always use the publick ammunition shops, but for a higher price weapons.  You could also add a ''crafting weaponary'' script. For a gang to be able to sell drugs/weps to the publick, they should have stock in their warehouse. This can change the balance between a level 2 gang and level 5 gang.  But it would logical a level 2 gang to make lower profit supplies missions than a level 5 gang. With this you would keep the hustle to gain higher organisation's levels.

Option 2. Keep the current system of the organisation's weapon spawn and the unlimited selling of invisible stocks of weapons and drugs. Add the supplies mission which will just fill the organisation's money safe or warehouse and later on, they could sell the product by an delivery mission which could work the same way Money transporting works right now. If the product is sold successfully, the money should go to the gang safe and the organisation's hqs will decide to split the money to their members or keep it for the gang.

You would ask what can we do with those organisations's money?

1. For each destroyed gang vehicle, the organisation must pay 5k ( just like the disk) to have their vehicle repaired and parked. 

2.  Add a script to allow gang members to pay a fee with gang money. to reduce their jail time.

3.  Cops should get a fee for each crime they do, spawned as their official spawn - killing unwanted players, destryoing random vehicles and etc . 

4.  Their could be more ways of spending the organisation's money to avoid the inflation SAES had and continue to have in the past 2-3 years.

Also saw a topic about the sea turf wars, which is a big yes from me. It is always good to have various ways of turfing and this could revive the ''roleplay'' of pirate gangs, like when the server had Navm. 

• Like 8

36 minutes ago, Alexis said:

You are right let me rephrase that, by turfs I mean wars and not afk turfs. How many wars did happen in the last 2 weeks for example? ( I am not getting aggresive , I just happen to be active enough to know that there are not at least as many as there used to be turf wars and I am not talking about 2014 I am talking even about 2022. Anyways, I accept your opinion I was just stating mine.)

There had been numerous amount of turfs since then, it is just you weren't involved cuz you only got your zones yesterday. 

About the turf, we would like stand by our older suggestion and make a zone cooldown. Being attacked by 3 to 4 gangs ruins the fun and increases frustration from turfing, especially for the newest players. A turf cooldown was suggested before and it consists of making a cooldown to attack a zone once it had been taken. The amount of cooldown should be debatable though

• Like 7

1 shitty thing is you can ride nrg f.e and use colt from it and u cant hit their hitboxes when they do that so you gotta destroy the bike to be able to kill them and by that time they have already colted you to death

this works from any car or bike 

Edited by Ace
  • Like 4

Ah yes, as @Ace, the hitboxes... The hitboxes have been a major issue of the turf, but not only turfs, all around the server... Basically, certain vehicles cause the hitboxes to malfunction properly (Animations, bikes & special vehicles). I don't think much can be done about this issue but I think it is worth noting. What is also worth noting is the abuse of special vehicles by players in turf-wars, they would simply cover behind a modded vehicle and once the enemy rushes them they'd simply press F & flee, not needing to do the animations used to enter a vehicle. Also, players can be able to press F once you attack them and teleport inside their vehicles and still not get any damage, when you shoot their vehicle down, they're kicked out of the vehicle without any damage, there are rare occasions where the player is blown by the vehicle's fire. In conclusion, only thing that can be done about this matter is to disallow usage of nanoshop-modded-vehicles in Turf-wars. 

• Like 3

- 1) make it so during a turf war between 2 gangs (attacking gang vs defending gang), only members of the 2 gangs can participate at the turf war, other players or helpers from other gang can't. this means if tt attacks b~b then only tt and b~b members can participate, either attacking or defending the zone (cops are allowed to come but must arrest both sides). temporal joining a gang to avoid this rule isn't allowed. if i go to aa as interchange member for 5 days then i can't participate at turf wars, for example

- 2) add a cooldown of 30 mins after taking a turf, that turf can't be attacked/taken again by any gang for 30 mins. if you try to attack it and while you are inside the turf zone, you can see somewhere a timer of how much time left before your gang can attack/take the turf again (18 mins left, for example)

- 3) allow dm from outside of turf zones, that means i can snipe a tt member from a big distance while he's inside the turf zone

- 4) during a turf war you can only dm the participants of the turf war (cops/police forces, if there are any around, attacking gang and defending gang). you can't dm a civilian or a gangless crim, for example, as there is no reason to do so as they ain't participating at the turf war... only cops and the 2 gangs are participating, so you must only kill them

Edited by RAMPAGE
  • Like 5
  • Moist 2

There might a lot of hate about this comment, but since turfs are rarely happening now. At least we could somehow manage to add cops on turfs (not exactly called turfs cuz cops having turfs like they are a gang is stupid ) .But to somehow make the cop side part of turf wars, to boost up the activity on it.

• Like 1
  • Moist 2

It would be cool it they could somehow participate in wars, I believe that's gonna create a motivation for all of us. Even though  I might understood wrong the "neutralise" thing . They way i understood it is like just to extinct turfs , which wont make them participate while a war is happening but just to go and extinct all the turfs while a war is not happening ( I get it was only a quick suggestion, but I am trying to come out to something that will be working for both sides)

44 minutes ago, Alexis said:

There might a lot of hate about this comment, but since turfs are rarely happening now. At least we could somehow manage to add cops on turfs (not exactly called turfs cuz cops having turfs like they are a gang is stupid ) .But to somehow make the cop side part of turf wars, to boost up the activity on it.

Nope turfs now days are quite a active after Rogue received spawn, maybe try logging on from time to time 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, fenter said:

Nope turfs now days are quite a active after Rogue received spawn, maybe try logging on from time to time 

You are right let me rephrase that, by turfs I mean wars and not afk turfs. How many wars did happen in the last 2 weeks for example? ( I am not getting aggresive , I just happen to be active enough to know that there are not at least as many as there used to be turf wars and I am not talking about 2014 I am talking even about 2022. Anyways, I accept your opinion I was just stating mine.)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Alexis said:

Ive seen like 6. I can recall the last one I have seen. Most of official squad members were in game, not even afk, but It was clear that they didn't even want to try to join the free-for-all fight. So I agree with the guy above. Those occur quite often these days but 4 cops coming there 1 by 1 have got no chance against 20 criminals protecting each other. You can manage to arrest one but till you get another, the guy you had arrested gets released. 

This is as old as the hills that squad members beg for being armored due to lack of active members on, but I dont really agree this is a good sollution. I've heard someone asking for grenades to be disabled at all, I dont know If that is possible, but grenades disabled in turf zones would probably level the playing field.

• Like 2

Actually, Alot of Wars have been done so i guess turfs are active right now, so i would like to suggest,
1- Allow Crims who are in Zone to see each other blips so it makes us easier to find each other.
2- Allow Crims in war just spawn at their Shamals LVAP/SFAP/LSAP just because for example a zone like ship zone in LV near UE base, some people in turf goes up their and camp and to be honest it is hard to climb them and rush them because there is only 1 way to go throw, so i would like to use my donation shamal because for example sometimes when someone use the  shamal in his base maybe his  gang members  gets annoyed for using it for turfs while they want for example  to go SRs.

Edited by Ammarr
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Alexis said:

Many wars, I suggest you to log on from 1600-2200 that's when it's mainly active - keep an eye on your gangs discord server 

• Like 2

😎 evaluate the possibility to introduce PROGRESS increase/decrease by kills counting, 1 kil in favour gives you 1 progress point in favour. This only working with ATTACKER-DEFFENDER gangs, helpers kills won't count on this.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, BurakO said:

😎 evaluate the possibility to introduce PROGRESS increase/decrease by kills counting, 1 kil in favour gives you 1 progress point in favour. This only working with ATTACKER-DEFFENDER gangs, helpers kills won't count on this.

Actually this is very good idea. ❤️

On 15/06/2023 at 02:12, Brazz said:

I would like to see bonus multiplier for HR/SR/MR depending on how much players are online. More players: normal multiplier / less players: bonus+++ multiplier.

Edited by Crank
  • Haha 1

On 14/06/2023 at 15:56, Ace said:

1 shitty thing is you can ride nrg f.e and use colt from it and u cant hit their hitboxes when they do that so you gotta destroy the bike to be able to kill them and by that time they have already colted you to death

this works from any car or bike 

Wouldnt this class as bug abuse? and is reportable?

• Like 1