Some adjustments on Raceflags

Bodo420

Question

We all know about the suffering of starting raceflag with cops raiding it , which is literally impossible to start . So I suggest some few adjustments to the raceflag to make it possible to participate in such activity with cops raiding .

1- A command should be given to racing groups to start the raceflag immediately , also in case some cops camp with their stingers on the RF start , this has to be forbidden .

alt text

alt text

2- Another solution to this issue . remove the wanted stars from the race start , there are already speed cams which would punish us incase we exceeded the speed limit . rTech has been suffering from cops with autism camping the race start for 12 hours a day like the guy in the picture .........

3- give rTech HQs/ Veterans the ability to restart raceflag script incase it bugs , so we don't have to call an admin to restart it every 20 mins , and to prevent the abuse , give it a 10-15 mins cooldown not to be spammed/abused .

4- Lethal force against rTech members should be prohibited incase they've less than 5 stars . We are just normal racers , not criminals/terrorists

5- Camping the raceflag start point for more than 5-10 minutes should be forbidden , since doing so literally kills the whole activity ; thus killing the server activity even more .

6- Give us the ability to start the raceflag with 3 racers and make a timer of 3-5 minutes incase a 4th racer didn't attend .

these are the suggestions I collected from people racing daily about what should be added / fixed about such activity . Would be appreciated to see such improvements in-game .

12 answers to this question

I think all these things are a little too much. I don't really mind the raiding because we have stars. Thats what cops do here, chasing wanted people.

The biggest problem for me here is when we all have 0 stars, a cop can just camp there with stingers untill the race starts which pops the tires because we get stars from the race. This is just going a little too far.
I think this could be solved by removing the wanted stars you get at the start OR give them after the race so these stingers become useless.

I like the idea of giving rTech HQ the ability to restart the raceflag script incase it bugs. Sometimes it has been bugged for a full day because there is no admin around who can (wants to) restart the script. But make it like a 60 mins cooldown to prevent abuse instead of 10-15. It doesn't bug that often.

The rest of your suggestions are not really necessary to me.

Alternatively, instead of allowing rTech HQ to reset the script, put a time limit on how long a race can take. I believe the most common reason why the script bugs is that not everyone can finish the race, and so the race goes on and on without a winner, with no one left to complete it. If there was a time limit of, say, 10 minutes, after which the race ends, there would be no need for resetting.

Unless there is something I'm missing about the way race flags get bugged. I only started racing about a month ago, and it's not my main activity on the server.

Edit: I was wrong about what bugs the race flags. My suggestion wouldn't solve the problem at all, but it could still be viable in case some of the racers go AFK.

2- Another solution to this issue . remove the wanted stars from the race start , there are already speed cams which would punish us incase we exceeded the speed limit . rTech has been suffering from cops with autism camping the race start for 12 hours a day like the guy in the picture

4- Lethal force against rTech members should be prohibited incase they've less than 5 stars . We are just normal racers , not criminals/terrorists

6- Give us the ability to start the raceflag with 3 racers and make a timer of 3-5 minutes incase a 4th racer didn't attend .

I would've thought this was reality already. Let the speed cams give them stars, but starting a raceflag shouldn't give stars, which allows cops to use lethal force against them. That just seems something that hadn't been thought of when it was implemented, and hasn't been too big of an issue up until now. 3 just seems like a nobrainer. The admins must be getting tired of raceflag issues as well.
Idk if you'll get through with 1 or 5.. That could trigger some cops

A lot to take in here.

1. I'll discuss with HQ in terms of what we can do with giving rT HQ restart access. Can't promise anything but we'll see if it's viable. In terms of starting a flag instantly, I don't think so. The quota is there for a reason and we don't want people missing out who are en-route.

2. Street racing is an illegal activity, it makes sense for you to get wanted stars for it. This is unlikely to change.

3. See point 1

4. That's insane. We're not going to make a rule that cops cant shoot wanted players.

5. Tactically camping a flag again isn't going to be forbidden.

6. This is answered from your first question.

One thing you didn't suggest which is probably something we can and should look at, is visibility of raceflags.

Currently all classes and teams can see raceflags. There is really no necessity for this and nothing else works this way, even SR's are delayed etc.

Not giving visibility in itself could help.

Either way I do hear the suggestions and feedback and I'll see what can be done.

ban sherap from race flag radius of 1000m!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dear saes

sometimes we can't race because of cops camping the race flag, when we say cops we mean only 1 cop. all the cops are nice only 1 cop is usually annoying the race flag.

race flag is a fun activity and its nothing to do with cops, it's just a fun race. (many cop respawn as crim/civilian to join race)

Let cops join.. make it 0 stars fun legal activity! like a rally or some shit.

maybe u can make another illegal race that is actually illegal and where the cops can actually chase u etc but this current race flag is a fun race that shouldn't be illegal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright,

Having reviewed all the suggestions we've added the following 2 changes to make racing slightly better.

1. All staff will now be able to restart the racing resource, meaning you wont necessarily need a clan member. We're also looking at implementing doing this remotely in the future.

2. The raceflag is now no longer visible to police, this is to deter camping starting positions. My recommendation here is that if you do take 5-10 minutes to start a race, they will find you and that's part of the job of illegal racing. We've given you the ability to be more stealthy about it now.

We're not looking to implement any of the other suggestions at this time, but we are constantly monitoring the health of racing as an activity.