[QoL] Confirmation for spawnscreen[SOLVED]

Lincoln

Question

We all have that clumsy moment where we accidentally press spawn screen instead of hospital so we unintentionally lose all the weapons we have etc. So my suggestion, please ask for confirmation when going spawn screen to prevent losing weapons worth thousands of dollars

25 answers to this question

@Jasper said in Confirmation for spawnscreen:

I personally would find it very annoying to have another pop-up in my screen. Maybe make this optionable through M > Settings. Then I'd vote yes.

Could be in the chat like the notification that pops up when you don't have enough cash to spawn at the hospital. Don't think that would bother anyone

Or add an undo button on spawn screen while the timer is still running on the background. If you haven't ran out of the choice time the button should take you back to the window where you choose hospital or spawnscreen. If you have ran out then it should show you an error message and keep you in the spawnscreen.

However, I would definitely not be happy to have another annoying window asking me to confirm my selection.

@Velona said in Confirmation for spawnscreen:

However, I would definitely not be happy to have another annoying window asking me to confirm my selection.

As aforementioned not necessarily a whole window, just a little notification in the chat similar to the one when you don't have cash for hospital spawn. So you have to double click in order to go spawn screen

Adding more steps to respawning is a big no for me. I have another alternative, add an extra button on the spawnscreen with a progress bar that syncs with the CPR bar. If you accidentally press 'respawn' instead of hospital you will still have the chance to repspawn at the hospital as long as the CPR bar is not empty.

I see @Poodlyz already suggested that, good idea ;)

....or just have a confirmation output in chatbox or notification bar like Lincoln said, and force players to click twice to go to spawn panel. Very simple to implement (even @Filex can script this), fulfills its goal, and no extra screen needed whatsoever

I think that the solution needs to folow a path where the current system does not get changed drastically.
What if we add a new button in the spawnscreen, if you click there you return to the spawnscreen/hosp menu as long as the time to go to hosp didn't run out.

@Tritosh said in Confirmation for spawnscreen:

in g/s/c panel, when you want to leave your organisation you have to press twice, would be better if it's like that instead of a pop up

the thing is that there is people like me that doesn't want more steps just to do a simple spawn screen, so just like i said before:

I think that the solution needs to folow a path where the current system does not get changed drastically.
What if we add a new button in the spawnscreen, if you click there you return to the spawnscreen/hosp menu as long as the time to go to hosp didn't run out.

For sure there is a way to do it without add more steps.