[SUGGESTION] Adding Police to the Turfing script

Howlze

Question

Quite simple - add police to the existing turfing script, which is meant to be a way for cops to neutralize turfs.

Cops can arrest, however, the jail time is reduced by 80% to make the experience more enjoyable for both sides..

@Teddy said in [SUGGESTION] Adding Police to the Turfing script:

after arresting is strictly disallowed in f1 rules in and around active turfs, yes

Arresting shall not be disallowed due to the fact itd have of been hard to discern whether a cop arrested someone in a turf zone or not, what i suggest is a lower sentence for the crims arrested in one.

You guys are surprised like he suggests something completely new. We are playing in a fuckin RPG server which also includes Roleplay. Have you seen 2 gangs fight each other and cops be like "meh" and not even receive notification about it. Or does the turf still belong to one gang after cops raid that zone?

Simply, cops need to get a direct notification about turf wars. That's what happens in real life - if there are two or more gangs having gun fight in the street of course police will get alarmed lol. And what happens after alarm? Cops come to turf to calm those fighting criminals by arresting them and make sure that there will be no fight in that zone again (neutralizing it) for the sake of citizens.

What Howlze suggests is to add to police side whatever criminals have now not something completely new. Stop being irritating and make an empathy to what cops have at the moment. Increasing arrest salaries or taser distance is not what makes them interesting. Being police is not only tasing and hitting with nightstick.

@JasonBourne said in [SUGGESTION] Adding Police to the Turfing script:

after arresting is strictly disallowed in f1 rules in and around active turfs, yes

Arresting shall not be disallowed due to the fact itd have of been hard to discern whether a cop arrested someone in a turf zone or not, what i suggest is a lower sentence for the crims arrested in one.

It's not hard at all, it's pretty easy to solve reports under current rules of whether gang members are arresting other gang members in turf zones or not.

It's .. especially easy if you actually have the zones on your minimap.

If cops are allowed to arrest in turf zones my answer would be a definite no, and so would the majority of people who would be in favour otherwise I guess.

I suggested something like this long ago, briefly.

My main idea was something like, cops also turf and control turfs and if a bank is inside an area controlled by the police, the bank becomes unavailable to BR until it gets under criminal's control again.

It's not hard at all, it's pretty easy to solve reports under current rules of whether gang members are arresting other gang members in turf zones or not.

If cops are allowed to arrest in turf zones my answer would be a definite no, and so would the majority of people who would be in favour otherwise I guess.

Cops should definitely be able to arrest in turfs otherwise it would literally ruin their main job and turn them into criminals. My suggestion still remains as it is, make arresting allowed but make the criminals whos been arrested within the turf areas sentence 75% lower.

Cops should definitely be able to arrest in turfs otherwise it would literally ruin their main job and turn them into criminals. My suggestion still remains as it is, make arresting allowed but make the arrested criminals sentence 75% lower.

Then .. it's no longer a turf zone. Just an area where you arrest like any other. Completely ruins/misses the point of the actual turf system.

Literally proving my point

@Teddy said in [SUGGESTION] Make Squads requirements a bit lower:

And lastly and most importantly, the suggestions that cops on the server give are honestly stupid and self-hurting. [...] without it cops are self-limiting themselves to SR and patrols only. You're literally giving yourself less things to do by choice.

But be my guest

Just a patrol, honestly. I mean, no different to raiding a turf right now as a cop.

Cops should definitely be able to arrest in turfs otherwise it would literally ruin their main job and turn them into criminals. My suggestion still remains as it is, make arresting allowed but make the arrested criminals sentence 75% lower.

Then .. it's no longer a turf zone. Just an area where you arrest like any other. Completely ruins/misses the point of the actual turf system.

Literally proving my point

@Teddy said in [SUGGESTION] Make Squads requirements a bit lower:

And lastly and most importantly, the suggestions that cops on the server give are honestly stupid and self-hurting. [...] without it cops are self-limiting themselves to SR and patrols only. You're literally giving yourself less things to do by choice.

But be my guest

Just a patrol, honestly. I mean, no different to raiding a turf right now as a cop.

It still remains a turf zone but in which if you get arrested your sentences 75% lower and we, the cops get the ability to take over one.

How would no arresting work though? I could already tell, 5 cops vs 20 crims.. if we're just killing them then they're just going to come back and keep outnumbering the cops anyway? I'm down for decreased jail time but completely not arresting sounds pretty dumb.

@SAFP-Stone said in [SUGGESTION] Adding Police to the Turfing script:

How would no arresting work though? I could already tell, 5 cops vs 20 crims.. if we're just killing them then they're just going to come back and keep outnumbering the cops anyway? I'm down for decreased jail time but completely not arresting sounds pretty dumb.

I mean.. that is how turfing works. You never know if you're going to be more, less or the same amount of people as your opponents. But I get what you mean. I'd be up for 20 % jailsentence in turfzones

All for getting cops involved in turn wars but, in a real life situation, I don't think cops would actively be trying to arrest in a turf war situation.

Perhaps, just a script with the turf war notifications which means cops earn a portion of whatever the arrest money would've been but instead for killing a wanted criminal involved in the turf war rather than arresting. Therefore, no jail time for the crim and the cop can get involved in a way that doesn't involve a suicidal charge into a bunch of armed criminals.

That's just my take on the idea but its really whatever would be the most enjoyable gameplaywise for both sides.

obviously cops would go for the kill with which they aren't as overwhelmed as when trying to taze & hit someone with nightstick. And seeing as less jail time = less money I'm sure people would still go for the kill in any case, that's fun, arresting not as much.

Adding some retarded no arrest rules doesn't make sense. Cops are cops and we spawn with our equipment and scripts, if somebody wants to arrest be my guest but this idea designed for cops to kill and I'm sure most cops would prefer doing that

That would be interesting. My question is, would the progress for cops to "neutralize" a turf be amp'd up more than it would be for gangs to take a turf? Cause ya know, we outnumber y'all bout like... a million.

Not a bad idea though.

Dont allow arresting inside turf zones.

Let cops receive a notification when theres a turfwar, one cop killing the attacking gang member equals -20 progress. (If you cover and snipe its quite easy to kill everyone so dont whine about it) killing the defending gang however shouldnt reduce the progress to avoid abuse.

Cops entering the zone should receive like 1k every 5 seconds?

Turfwars shouldnt be as easy as it is at the moment anyway. Also it shouldnt be a gang vs gang situation only. Like the idea, might bring some activity into the cop side.