[SUGGESTION] Marker abuse / Jail system

SheraP

Question

First, let's point out the problems.
The marker abuse rule is being unfair on the cop side because it is unfeasible according to the amount of prison wardens that spawn during the jb's to fit in a small space like this, somehow or another cop will have to stay on the marker for a while.

alt text

Ignoring the fact that this space is small, we could solve this problem by saying that it would be enough to move a little to the side to avoid this "marker abuse", but this is what happens when you spend time moving to the side :

alt text
~[You die instantly if you are in a big jb]~(red)

Thinking about the criminal side, you shoot 2/3 times with a sniper at a cop on the marker and his life always goes back to normal (100%) while he is shooting you until he arrests you.

Without a doubt, both sides are being harmed.

In addition, criminals are constantly killing criminals and cops killing cops unintentionally because the corridors of this jail are very narrow spaces.

Temporary solution:
~[Cop side:]~(cyan) Invalidate the "marker abuse" rule in jail, since protection ends after approximately 3 seconds, just like the marker protection on the crimminal side
~[Crim side:]~(sienna) Waiting for the final solution, criminals don't need to benefit right now. Crim side already benefits from the number of players:
alt textalt textalt textalt text
23/04/2020
~[33 cops vs 151 crimminals !]~(red)

Definitive solution: I know that the administration of saes is very busy with several tasks but I believe it is time to change this jail system that has already caused several problems to the server.

I suppose what you mean by marker abuse is cops sitting in marker and shooting while not taking any damage because of marker cooldown thing .
I strongly agree that jail needs some changes but not complete rework maybe add some extra rooms and more entrances so crims won't camp at one and it would be more fun for both sides I guess . at this point jail is built like it wants to be jailbreak-ed .

@SheraP said in [SUGGESTION] Marker abuse / Jail system:

Crim side: Waiting for the final solution, criminals don't need to benefit right now. Crim side already benefits from the number of players:

First of all, suggestions should be made to balance the servers gameplay and not only benefit one side. It's not peoples fault if there are so many criminals on the server, maybe its because people like that more than cop side so no need to unbalanced the gameplay only for those numbers because if you get like 20 crims at a jb its already too much. You already have HLS and DE help so dont cry for a marker where you got a warning for abusing it.

No idea. I just got a warning because of that.

There's no such thing as a rule for markers. The protection is added for you to have a chance to use the marker and enter the interior without dying immediately while loading the map. It's not made for you to sit and exploit the immortality while killing people. It goes the same way for criminals who keep entering and exiting markers to gain permanent inability to be damaged/arrested. I thought I explained that to you?

on topic: I agree something has to be done and if this approach is decided it may be worth clarifying it in jailbreak rules that police classes are allowed to shoot while in marker.

@Marwyn said in [SUGGESTION] Marker abuse / Jail system:

I suppose what you mean by marker abuse is cops sitting in marker and shooting while not taking any damage because of marker cooldown thing .
I strongly agree that jail needs some changes but not complete rework maybe add some extra rooms and more entrances so crims won't camp at one and it would be more fun for both sides I guess . at this point jail is built like it wants to be jailbreak-ed .

Yes, I think having a secondary spawn or marker lead up to the roof would be quite ideal for wardens/cops. It makes no sense having an entrance (exterior) with a gate that takes 10-20 seconds to open for a police officer to gain entry. If they can have a marker leading to roof this would potentially balance it out a little bit.

@ElRastaMan17 said in [SUGGESTION] Marker abuse / Jail system:

Crim side: Waiting for the final solution, criminals don't need to benefit right now. Crim side already benefits from the number of players:

First of all, suggestions should be made to balance the servers gameplay and not only benefit one side. It's not peoples fault if there are so many criminals on the server, maybe its because people like that more than cop side so no need to unbalanced the gameplay only for those numbers because if you get like 20 crims at a jb its already too much. You already have HLS and DE help so dont cry for a marker where you got a warning for abusing it.

Do you think that having 5 criminals on the server for 1 cop is balanced? I am not trying to unbalance the server, this is already unbalanced by itself. And regarding DE / CLO / HLS, we know that the activity of the CLO is much greater than the activities of the DE and HLS in jailbreaks because these two have conditions to follow before interfering in jb's.

@SheraP Suggest a new jail map and the problem will be solved, the suggestion that you made makes no sense to be honest. Only because you cant stop jbs doesnt mean the solution is to abuse a marker to take no dmg and kill criminals

@SheraP Suggest a new jail map and the problem will be solved, the suggestion that you made makes no sense to be honest. Only because you cant stop jbs doesnt mean the solution is to abuse a marker to take no dmg and kill criminals

A new jail map isn't a feasible solution, the majority are going to start petition to have old stuff back and this has been seen with past (though cool) jail maps (flint county, LS ocean prison, etc...)

@Tut-Greco said in [SUGGESTION] Marker abuse / Jail system:

No idea. I just got a warning because of that.

There's no such thing as a rule for markers. The protection is added for you to have a chance to use the marker and enter the interior without dying immediately while loading the map. It's not made for you to sit and exploit the immortality while killing people. It goes the same way for criminals who keep entering and exiting markers to gain permanent inability to be damaged/arrested. I thought I explained that to you?

on topic: I agree something has to be done and if this approach is decided it may be worth clarifying it in jailbreak rules that police classes are allowed to shoot while in marker.

Yes, you explained all this to me in detail.

Tut said : "The protection is added for you to have a chance to use the marker and enter the interior without dying immediately while loading the map."

In big jb's this happens in one way or another. If I stand still on the marker I can shoot criminals a few times but if I try to move out of the marker I die instantly as I showed in the topic print.
( I know I already said that to you, I'm just trying to clarify to other people who still don't understand it. @Tut-Greco ).

@Tut-Greco But I think we both agree that allowing cops to standing still on a marker with protection and shooting towards criminals its only going to make things worse.
Re-mapping the current jail should be one of the solutions imo. Adding another corridor so criminals need to split and dont camp only one marker idk

@Tut-Greco But I think we both agree that allowing cops to standing still on a marker with protection and shooting towards criminals its only going to make things worse.
Re-mapping the current jail should be one of the solutions imo. Adding another corridor so criminals need to split and dont camp only one marker idk

Why would it get worse?

Sure I'm not a fan of it either, but it's one of the options that I'd vote for if there aren't any other reasonable ones. The one I came up with (placing marker to roof at jail yard) would be a good option imo.

Yes that'd be ok with me if any of the mappers can come up with something. But then again the community is not very tolerant towards changes to the jail. :shrug:

@Spicey said in [SUGGESTION] Marker abuse / Jail system:

Don't change nothing just leave it like that .... go to destroy another server Cops!!! you got Kill arrest in jail wat more you want?.

First, we got kill-arrest and you got a reduction in jail time both by being arrested in prison or outside, besides you are always in greater quantity and with the possibility of using speed drugs in jail.

Second, if we are going to "destroy" another server and stop playing SAES, simply saes will fail. There are no saes:rpg without the cop side.

If you have a solution to this problem it will be welcome. Otherwise be quiet.

Why would it get worse?

are you really asking me this? If you feel like cop side is unbalanced imagine having a cop on marker taking no dmg while killing arrest criminals, does that make sense to you? do you think that would be balanced?

Why would it get worse?

are you really asking me this? If you feel like cop side is unbalanced imagine having a cop on marker taking no dmg while killing arrest criminals, does that make sense to you? do you think that would be balanced?

This cannot be abused completely because if someone stays in the marker stopped, the next cops that will come will be trapped in the player who is in the marker, maybe that would even be bad for the cop side but it would avoid punishments to us.

Hey guys lets not turn it into cops vs crims (kappa) . Lets find a solution together. What if we remap the current rooms that have no use? Such as the gym the lunch room and the phone booths? Maybe make doors in between them and add some extra barricades so that both sides could actually apply some sort of tactic into their response?

@TaaviLaudur said in [SUGGESTION] Marker abuse / Jail system:

Move the marker inside the jail to the canteen area or something, will prevent cops from abusing the marker protection

^ This - Honestly just move the entrance marker into the canteen. Would it be possible to only move the marker going IN to the jail, while keeping the marker going OUT of the jail where it is now? Otherwise I can't see how it would be a fair change. Don't want to see 21 cops hiding behind the door, spraying every criminal who comes through with their pebberspray or whatever it is