Disallowing gang members to spawn for a bank robbery

Howlze

Question

Hi,

In the present as well as the past we've noticed multiple gang members spawning as a cop in order to bypass the 10-cop requirement for starting a bank robbery. This should not be allowed for obvious reasons.

A simple fix to this is for validation of whether or not a person is in a gang, and thereby deciding whether or not to count them towards the 10-cop limit script.

Current script should be relying on the current amount of cops. If there are 10 cops on as the bank robbery spawns, it shouldn't "deactivate" the ability to crack if they despawn. I agree with that.

20 answers to this question

@Filex said in Disallowing gang members to spawn for a bank robbery:

cops respawn while a gang is bring on purpose so the br fail if the thing will be fixed so no restriction of 10 cops after the br is started i will vote yes for that otherwise i've seen enough to vote no

So what .. you are trying to state that off-duty cops, who may be doing something else before the bank robbery starts can't respawn as a cop? What ... How does that even make any sense? They're off-duty cops for christ's sake.

@Filex said in Disallowing gang members to spawn for a bank robbery:

cops respawn while a gang is bring on purpose so the br fail if the thing will be fixed so no restriction of 10 cops after the br is started i will vote yes for that otherwise i've seen enough to vote no

Speaking as a gang leader, that's the gang's fault, when you prepare a bankrob you have to have the cop count on consideration

@Howlze i'm speaking they don't need to respawn on purpose like what happened before, i've been in more than 300 br so far along my career can say atleast 20 of em i've seen cops respawning and mocking in main chat after the gang fails it's supposed to be set in consideration @JoKilaPT but atleast some respect should be given from both sides if they can't accept the fact they can't stop it alone they shouldn't respawn to make it fail in a suspicious way

I think that this should be added as a new rule which gang management can enforce, I have also seen this dirty walkaround many times.
Totally abuse and not how the system is SUPPOSED to work.

I missed bit of the point of the suggestion, yes it would be good to place a restriction that checks whether the person is in a gang panel.

@Teddy said in Disallowing gang members to spawn for a bank robbery:

Sure, but only if the counterbalance is that once a BR starts, cops cannot respawn to block the bankrob from continuing and make it fail, since that's just lazy.

Script should be relying on the current amount of cops. If there are 10 cops on as the bank robbery spawns, it shouldn't "deactivate" the ability to crack if they despawn. I agree with that.

I agree however the current system should be fixed so cops cant intentionally log out and fail people on purpose. As @Teddy said once the BR has started no amount of cop would affect the remaining doors/safes. Only the initial first door would have a requirement of 10 cops online.

Regardless of the vote outcome it's an exploit which needs to be fixed one way or the other.

No matter how you personally feel about it, requirement was not made with an intention to have gang members pretend that they're cops that might potentially respond. Either there's a requirement or there isn't, what's the point of a requirement in the first place if you're allowed to work around it?

@Howlze said in Disallowing gang members to spawn for a bank robbery:

Sure, but only if the counterbalance is that once a BR starts, cops cannot respawn to block the bankrob from continuing and make it fail, since that's just lazy.

Script should be relying on the current amount of cops. If there are 10 cops on as the bank robbery spawns, it shouldn't "deactivate" the ability to crack if they despawn. I agree with that.

If this applies in addition to the suggested rule, I'm completly fine with it

^^ if this, than totally agree, i cant even remmember one time gangs spawned as pigs to start a br. its always gangs start br, pigs desperaded so much that they "stopping" br with respawning & gangs nervously spamming teamchat someone respawn as pig to not fail br

@Groove said in Disallowing gang members to spawn for a bank robbery:

If this applies in addition to the suggested rule, I'm completly fine with it

I also agree with this