[SUGGESTION]Cargrab

Rick

Question

Why criminals cant do /cargrab its fully nonsense. My suggestion is criminals should
cargrab too....It will be fair and more realistic...
There can be rules like,You can't grab car while moving or This vehicle locked,you can't grab....

Given how easy it is to escape arrest using cargrab, no. You can keep spamming it to switch sides of the vehicle, always staying on the opposite side of the cop. You can use it to teleport through walls, for example getting into SR, shooting some cops, then instantly teleporting outside and away from nightstick arresting range. If you're being chased by cops and a random criminal drives by, you can instantly latch onto the vehicle at full speed and disappear in an instant. It voids effects of bullet stun as well as teargas. I suspect it can be used while tased too, just as it can be used while /selling.

The fact that criminals "can" abuse it, doesnt mean they will. I dont see why this thing should be a Police thing only, as it can be abused from both sides. Having cops teleport through Walls, as U mentioned above to enter a base? Having them entering SR through walls? Have u seen any cops abuse this? And if so, they get punished for it.

Then why would we keep this away from Criminals, as we have the same rights on using a script like this. In my opinion is should be accesable by everyone. Cops, Crims & Civilians.

@DROT said in [SUGGESTION]Cargrab:

Given how easy it is to escape arrest using cargrab, no. You can keep spamming it to switch sides of the vehicle, always staying on the opposite side of the cop. You can use it to teleport through walls, for example getting into SR, shooting some cops, then instantly teleporting outside and away from nightstick arresting range. If you're being chased by cops and a random criminal drives by, you can instantly latch onto the vehicle at full speed and disappear in an instant. It voids effects of bullet stun as well as teargas. I suspect it can be used while tased too, just as it can be used while /selling.

Remember how kill-arrest was a temporary thing? Let this be too ;)

keep abusing it as staff

@Nico said in [SUGGESTION]Cargrab:

Having cops teleport through Walls, as U mentioned above to enter a base? Having them entering SR through walls? Have u seen any cops abuse this? And if so, they get punished for it.

No I haven't seen it. You don't seem to understand how cargrab works. You can't teleport away from your car, you can teleport to it only. Which means that to teleport into a SR you'd need to fit a patriot for example, inside the store itself which is plain impossible. This goes for bases too, the cop would need to place his vehicle into the base to be able to cargrab to it from outside, which means that he is already inside the base without ever using the cargrab.

The way cargrab functions does not allow cops to get into some place easier, it can be used in a way that lets you get out of those places, which serves no purpose from cops perspective. The way cargrab can be abused is to escape faster, which is the exact opposite of what cops do. Do you see cops trying to escape from criminals, or are criminals trying to escape from cops? Cops gain barely any advantage if they use cargrab during a chase, while many effects of cargrab (some of which I listed in my previous post) are useless to cops, they'd offer great advantage to criminals trying to escape. This is merely because the script allows for a large selection of escape based uses, which only criminals would have benefit of.

@Jerome-Valeska said in [SUGGESTION]Cargrab:

@DROT This is a RPG server and criminals know how to hold a bar so this script should added to criminals...

Surely those same criminals also know how to use a taser and rubber bullets shotgun. They know how to drive cars too, police vehicles are cars. Certainly they know how to press a button to speak on the radio too. Pretty sure they'd know how to pull a bulletproof vest on too.

I could go on forever, listing what every person with two living brain cells could realistically do. Yes this is an RPG server, which means that you are playing a role. It doesn't mean that the experience is similar to real life. At some point you need to draw a line and focus on gameplay balance rather than realism.

@DROT the fact that I dont know how Cargrab works, is true. However, everything that a cop can abuse ( which he wont ), can be the same for Criminals ( which they wont ). So I still dont get the point why this should be a police only thing.

@Jerome-Valeska said in [SUGGESTION]Cargrab:

@DROT This is a RPG server and criminals know how to hold a bar so this script should added to criminals...

Surely those same criminals also know how to use a taser and rubber bullets shotgun. They know how to drive cars too, police vehicles are cars. Certainly they know how to press a button to speak on the radio too. Pretty sure they'd know how to pull a bulletproof vest on too.

I could go on forever, listing what every person with two living brain cells could realistically do. Yes this is an RPG server, which means that you are playing a role. It doesn't mean that the experience is similar to real life. At some point you need to draw a line and focus on gameplay balance rather than realism.

Althought you're right on the second part, the first makes no sense at all. Cargrab is not something that would be "rare" to see and I highly doubt it would affect the police side at all, since is has pretty much the same effect as glueing on a picador. If you're so afraid of cargrabbing may be used for teleporting, it's as easy as reducing the range you can do it.