Adjust country rifle damage

Filex

Question

20 answers to this question

+1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 why no?
its good idea, its a completly different gun from all others, but no one use because damage is so shitty. just give the gun some purpose with 35damage, & people will use it, more varity in wars/fights & events

@kipt said in Adjust country rifle damage:

@Groove said in Adjust country rifle damage:

@kipt That's the whole idea of the topic. Make it a viable alternative to the sniper ;)

alt text

Who gonna replace a sniper for that? I mean, in jailbreaks, for example (and in my view), that sure ain't a bad idea but still, don't see many people making that change.

The idea isn't to outclass the sniper, but to make it shine with its own capacities resulting at the end on it being a somewhat ok alternative to the sniper. You'd be surprised on how good it can be in a JB if used properly :P

@kipt said in Adjust country rifle damage:

@kipt That's the whole idea of the topic. Make it a viable alternative to the sniper ;)

alt text

Who gonna replace a sniper for that? I mean, in jailbreaks, for example (and in my view), that sure ain't a bad idea but still, don't see many people making that change.

The idea isn't to outclass the sniper, but to make it shine with its own capacities resulting at the end on it being a somewhat ok alternative to the sniper. You'd be surprised on how good it can be in a JB if used properly :P

that's what I said @.@

Honestly the country rifle should do more damage than the sniper.

The sniper shouldn't have the better accuracy AND the most damage, you should have to sacrafice damage for accuracy.

Assuming your reference to 35 damage is health, and we have 100 health, I would make the country rifle 40 and the sniper 30.

Bringing realism into the balance of guns doesn't make sense to me, guns should be balanced so they're all viable and have different gameplay options.

If we're talking realism we would have to heavily adjust the way weapons work at the moment. For instance - why isn't any gun a one shot to the head? Because that would be ridiculous.

Balacing guns around realism is stupid.

@Joe said in Adjust country rifle damage:

Bringing realism into the balance of guns doesn't make sense to me, guns should be balanced so they're all viable and have different gameplay options.

If we're talking realism we would have to heavily adjust the way weapons work at the moment. For instance - why isn't any gun a one shot to the head? Because that would be ridiculous.

Balacing guns around realism is stupid.

If you're using gameplay as an example, in 99% of the shit you play a sniper rifle will always be better than a regular rifle, so unless so they make up for it by increasing the rate of fire on semi-automatic rifles whilst usually making a sniper slower due to it being bolt action. But yeah, gonna have to edit gta sa game values for that.

Sniper isn't superior to country rifle just because it has a scope. Country rifle can be used for corner shooting, while sniper can not. Country rifle in JB for example, with high damage would prove to be a very powerful weapon as you can hide your body behind the corner, something that you wouldn't be able to do with a sniper.

@DROT said in Adjust country rifle damage:

Sniper isn't superior to country rifle just because it has a scope. Country rifle can be used for corner shooting, while sniper can not. Country rifle in JB for example, with high damage would prove to be a very powerful weapon as you can hide your body behind the corner, something that you wouldn't be able to do with a sniper.

@kipt that is how a true dmer views things

Make it to have same damage as sniper. That would be the fair thing to do. This rifle is the same as sniper's but without a zoom scope.

Also make AK47 have 50/50 magazine bullets size same as M4 has... not 30/30.

Thanks!

It should have slightly less damage than Sniper imo, and Since @RAMPAGE Brought up AK47 i suggest to make it deal 15 hp instead of 10 hp so its roughly the same damage per clip as M4 while giving variety, Allowing you to sacrifice the extra bullets for quicker damage.

@Piercee y, but if we think that this is originality a redneck rifle vs sniper that used at military base (after original saes story).

@Bone
this rifle would be just amazing usage with more damage for wars/events/jb etc...
trust me, people will use it, you remmeber the days when no one cared for picador? or when some kanker told me at fix raceflag suggestion that no one will use raceflag? just because the gun is broken from the beginn, dont make it less broken, it have same damage as an uzi bullet