Drug Storage

M7mod

Question

Hello.
Today an idea came to my mind, which is why don't we store drugs at disk ? Why do we need to always call a drug dealer, etc.. while we can buy a bunch of drugs (speed for example) and store them automatically to our disk and we can use them when we need them for a JB / BR blaba, same for cops.
When you die, automatically drugs disappears, so you can just go to disk and use them again!

So its all about adding a button in disk called "Drug Storage" and then list all the drugs we have same as weapon storage and we use them.
Regarding drug dealers, we can enable a command called "Store", where you can buy the quantity you want and it will be auto stored to your safedisk.

Let me try to make it clear
alt text
alt text

It's just a suggestion, you either agree or not, but no need to fight.

22 answers to this question

I like and dislike this at the same time really, at the end of the day it depends on how it's implemented.
If you can stack drugs in your disk then that will result in a lot more people being on drugs and might affect general gameplay greatly. However if speed for example is limited to storing only 1 dose in the disk, that'd probably decrease the possible negative effect.

Things like LSD, ecstasy, suicide pills and even weed do not necessarily need to be limited, they do not put players at a considerable advantage.

Voting no on this since you suggested this for cops also. I don't even think cops should be taking drugs of any form, especially speed. So they certainly shouldn't be able to store them. It's also pointless because theoretically this would take longer. Currently you just buy them from gang mates if you're playing together, what you're thinking of means you have to travel to a disc and then leave yourself vulnerable to being arrested in a menu arguably worse than the drug dealer menu so I'm a no for this, it doesn't improve anything.

I'd rather be able to buy a bag of 10 at a time and just be able to bind a /usespeed command to be able to take them again, even adding an animation would be nice.

@Tut-Greco if anything we need the drugs menu changing, because for example if I try to buy drugs from someone and they cancel the sale because they see a cop, I'm not forced out of the menu unless I move my arrow to the "close" button on the menu, it has gotten me arrested a few times. Also it should be easier to buy drugs. Currently the menu pops up in the top corner and is very small and requires more than a necessary amount of mouse movement to buy anything, it should probably be implemented so numpad keys are assigned to the different drugs or you can use your arrow keys. Arrow keys could also be applied to arms selling since it takes ages to buy shit from them too.

@Jay said in Drug Storage:

I'd rather be able to buy a bag of 10 at a time and just be able to bind a /usespeed command to be able to take them again

Can make speed permanent in that case too. I don't think I even have to elaborate how overpowered this would be. Yes, you would take risk when going to disk and yes, you should be in danger instead of having speed served on a silver plate where and when you want it. Especially considering the fact that you'd like to make cops unable to do so, this means all crims on speed 24/7 and cops keeping their current movement speed.

I can't tell why you wouldn't want for cops to have access to disk drugs though. If it's from perspective of gameplay balance, no this would not make cops too powerful as criminals have access to same thing. If it's from perspective of realism, thinking that cops do not abuse drugs because they're cops is very naive. Naturally realistically you're able to carry your drugs around and use them where you want, but realistically you also do not become twice as fast because you snorted some speed. Speed on SAES puts a player at a great advantage and to my belief, should not be accessible in as big amount and as often as you're suggesting.

@DROT said in Drug Storage:

@Jay said in Drug Storage:

I'd rather be able to buy a bag of 10 at a time and just be able to bind a /usespeed command to be able to take them again

Can make speed permanent in that case too. I don't think I even have to elaborate how overpowered this would be. Yes, you would take risk when going to disk and yes, you should be in danger instead of having speed served on a silver plate where and when you want it. Especially considering the fact that you'd like to make cops unable to do so, this means all crims on speed 24/7 and cops keeping their current movement speed.

I can't tell why you wouldn't want for cops to have access to disk drugs though. If it's from perspective of gameplay balance, no this would not make cops too powerful as criminals have access to same thing. If it's from perspective of realism, thinking that cops do not abuse drugs because they're cops is very naive. Naturally realistically you're able to carry your drugs around and use them where you want, but realistically you also do not become twice as fast because you snorted some speed. Speed on SAES puts a player at a great advantage and to my belief, should not be accessible in as big amount and as often as you're suggesting.

Completely wrong. I currently use speed pretty much permanently when playing with @SNome or @Disaster or literally any other O member, since we sell it to each other constantly. We have the /selldrug command bound to key and it doesn't take long to buy. My only issue was being stuck in the purchase screen when the sale is cancelled as it leaves you super vulnerable as nothing get's cancelled on your screen as the buyer, the menu stays open. With speed, we are not overpowered in the slightest, we are all arrested multiple times a day and not necessarily just when we 'run out of speed'.

Currently cops are being sold speed by fuck knows who, and it is making them very, very difficult to kill. I'm not against it for the sake of realism at all, I'm against it for the sake of gameplay. You want to counter speed? You have a shotgun which literally disables sprinting and renders speed almost useless, so I fail to see your argument. If criminals want to counter cops with speed? They can't, all it does is put drug users at the same speed as each other which is the same as nobody using drugs. If the criminals don't have speed, then they are getting arrested 10 times out of 10. Speed on cops is OP and anyone on the receiving end would agree. Currently cops are travelling in 2s 3s and 4s to store robs or jailbreaks and they're insanely difficult to deal with. You may as well render a jailbreak over as soon as cops arrive with speed, criminals have no counter. Criminals with speed are only powerful when you fail to use your shotgun to it's advantage, as it is the counter of speed. If cops aren't using this then that's their own fault, it's like complaining you can't kill anyone if you aren't holding a gun.

And like I said, carrying a bag of X amount of X drug with an animation of them using the drug isn't much different than having to constantly stop and buy it, it just takes away the hassle of having to do so and the shitty menu that pops up. They don't need to be stored. You can make us lose the bag on death. Hell, you can even put a small timer between uses? Whatever. My point is we currently use speed pretty much permanently anyway so calling it over powered is pretty silly. I can buy 100 grenades at once but only one small packet of speed? :thinking_face:

I mean if we're talking about speed perhaps we should talk about flashbangs and how we have literally zero counter for that too?

@Jay I don't know if you fail to realise that speed not only boost the running speed or if you completely didn't mention it for the sake of convenience but speed rather makes the entire game of the person that takes it way faster, making every single of his actions faster ( climbing animations; the time it takes for a grenade to explode; rate of fire; the time it takes for someone to get up after he's got tazed) as a result even if slowed by a shotgun his speed would be almost as fast as a sprinting cop without speed. Now not only that but in 99% of the cases that you do happen to shotgun a criminal with speed he'll fucking mow you down as a result of the increased rate of fire.

Your only hope of arresting a criminal under speed would be for you to literally overwhelm the criminal with more of your cop buddies otherwise it's fucking over.

The points you provided are bad excuses. That or you have no idea how to play as a cop, obviously biased in favor of criminals

Speed affects the time of rubber bullets. You can run again in 3 seconds. Your 'walk' speed, is the same as running speed while affected.

I really hate to get dragged into shit like this, but I feel like I need to express this.
I've noticed a trend lately wanting to nerf the police side more, however instead of playing the victim all the time the cop to crim 1:4 ratio should speak for itself. Stop this narrow minded thinking, its childish. Of course if you outnumber something, expect things to be a bit sour.

I don't know if its Taavi who's fueling this victim complex or whoever it is, this thinking has to stop. I can not emphasize this enough.

We need each other.

You may not realize this, but constantly decreasing our arsenal and accesibility demotivates the police side. I personally have lost motivation to patrol ever since the speed reduction of the police dodge & core feature of /eject was removed.
Patrolling has become so tideous and tiresome for me and its creating a dull atmosphere. You can not deny the activity has fallen since the speed reduction of the dodge and removal of the core feature of /eject. Numbers can't and don't lie.

It's all fun and games right now to gain more and more advantage as a criminal, but its very tunnel visioned. You do not see left and right. This.. constant 'Nerfing' has ramifications, and without realizing suddenly the ratio has decreased to 1:5.. 1:6.. 1:7.. and its really only a matter of time before its gonna be so low that people won't play as police any longer. What is there to gain by being in a squad? This thought should never appear, but it is.

What happens then? Do the criminal side win? No. You lose.

Without police you do not get any challenge. The criminal activity will drop afterwards, and without exaggerating things, this may result in either server turning into complete anarchist police-free bullshit. Overall activity will drop drastically.

The police side has become a mere entertainment for the criminals. You are the protagonist. You do all the fun.

We need each other. Stop this narrow minded thinking and realize that the ratio is geting larger and larger. It is about to hit 1:5.
It will eventually grow larger and when it does, expect to see suggestions about light armor to the police side, and do not be surprised if it gets implemented. Because your actions would've caused it to happen.