Suggestion; delay for cops in the SR notification.

Licano

Question

With the new SR system, being it randomized, the store robberies start with a percentage of 5%. It means, if two or even one cop are near the store robbery at the time it appears, or got a property near, the store robbery can be stopped without criminals having a chance to fight for it.
Now, my suggestion is to delay a little bit the notification cops get about an ongoing store robbery so criminals get a chance to reach the store robbery. It can be done by two minutes delay or by percentage delay (or even both, maybe). Keep in mind, reaching 0% from 5% is technically an easy task, compared to reach 100% from 5%.

Quick edit: Cops also should be notified when the SR reachs x amount of criminals on it, f.e 5.

25 answers to this question

As previously discussed with Lica, indeed the current system is perhaps not unbalanced, but harder to achieve when it comes to what class arrives first, as per the cops a lot of em got properties near the SR, not saying Crims dont, but is common to see a cop spawn 15 meters from the SR. Besides the fact the SR stars at a 5%, by the time weve tried to arrive to the SR, most of the time it has already stopped, it has personally happened to me a lot recently, however if youre working on it as Tut mention, itll be great to implement the idea, cheers.

if we are talking about 15% i guess im down if we talking more then that im gonna say no simply cause criminals are always way more cause most cops dont care to join SR's and we end up with 5 cops that get the % down 2% every like thick and crims can be 20 raising it 5% each thick
So basicly 15% gud more no gud

FU @Licano stop making my money earning hard

By fewer advantages do you mean the excesively fast vehicles, with custom handlings and great ramming power, killing arrest, toggeable lethal and not lethal weapons, removing damage from tasers so there's no way a criminal gets away from you for your neglicency, the ability of slowing down criminals, not cooldown flashbangs, long ass taser range or any other advantage you're being taken away? @LAPD_Spanish_VEN .

I do not complain about any of the aboves, just don't say the side doesn't have "enough advantages". I'm suggesting this since it's a bit unbalanced not to have even a bit of chance of defending a store robbery when a single or two cops reach and insta stop it. Some people just likes to complain about everything. Already there's 11 people who has voted "No", and none of them had the decency on explaining what they think, and why it shouldn't be modified, and the most hilarious thing, most (but 1 CDC guy) are cops, which I find frecuently complaining about cop side being "extremely weak" in almost every suggestion there's made about criminal side or in general.

What about just going back to old system, its not realistic when a store gets robbed by ghosts. Instead of this system maybe robbable store pops on criminal's map so they go there and rob that store.

Even tho I voted No after a little thinking about this idea, it aint that bad after all since most of the time, at least 4 Officers arrive at the SR and we end it before a criminal even comes. And also our pursuit cars can go over 300 KM/H which means were mostly the quickest to arrive there.

So I will take back my vote and give this a Yes instead. But Id say we get notified when the SR is at 15%.

@Licano Certainly all the squads / gangs have our virtues and way to perform and face the RP, and it seems fair to me so far and is balanced.

But in the last 2-3 months, they have tried to modify the SRs for the good of the gangs, even with more just surgeries like this one :https://saesrpg.uk/topic/5882/randomize-store-robbery and none It has been taken into account. In my opinion squads and police are no longer interested in responding to the SR, the crime rate is higher than the police. Your best nobody knows that at dawn of 12 robberies the police can only control 1 or 2 only thanks to Kellerman and other policemen who are rarely active, this, for example.

It is only my personal opinion and the SAES HQ team will take the final decision on this discussion :)

ye from me, saw alot the ones srs got stopped from cops after less than one min.

@spanishpd: alone ~3/10srs gets owned by cops without any single crime arriving, because the 5%sr & cop-houses near it as lica mentioned. and if you would have play this server some years more, you would know that cops got only better.

@Bangas said in Suggestion; delay for cops in the SR notification.:

would be a bad idea if the SR starts with 30% or 50% so you have time to claim it? @Licano

That percentage would be hard af for cops to recover from, instead, some minutes delay, or at least a percentage to be reached would do the trick, or also, when a sr reachs x number of players, you get notified too

@Licano said in Suggestion; delay for cops in the SR notification.:

would be a bad idea if the SR starts with 30% or 50% so you have time to claim it? @Licano

That percentage would be hard af for cops to recover from, instead, some minutes delay, or at least a percentage to be reached would do the trick, or also, when a sr reachs x number of players, you get notified too

the problem is that criminals are a major number so the only advantage that cops got is the SR is precisely arrive first... change that will make cops lose their golden chanse, even if cops recieve the notification when the sr reach x % there could be alot of players already wich makes cops job much harder and who knows impossible
same for the player count,there could be only 2 persons in SR robbing (lets pretend that cops get notified with 3 players)the sr would be done without any advertisement.
But at certain point i agree with you, if cops arrive first is almost garanteed that it will be cops victory

the problem is that criminals are a major number so the only advantage that cops got is the SR is precisely arrive first... change that will make cops lose their golden chanse, even if cops recive the nication when the sr reach x % there could be alot of players already wich makes cops job much harder and who knows impossible

That's a good point. Increasing the number of percentage could raise the time it takes for a SR to be over and would give everyone a chance to reach it

the problem is that criminals are a major number so the only advantage that cops got is the SR is precisely arrive first... change that will make cops lose their golden chanse, even if cops recive the nication when the sr reach x % there could be alot of players already wich makes cops job much harder and who knows impossible

That's a good point. Increasing the number of percentage could raise the time it takes for a SR to be over and would give everyone a chance to reach it

Indeed, Also i think this is a theme that requieres some in game tests in order to find a balance between the starting percentage.

@Bartman Not all the police have houses nearby, and so have the properties nearby, are not interested in responding to the SR, also there are many more thieves than cops and you can not control this mass of criminals, and so want to continue having more advantages for the SR , which are mostly uncontrollable for the police. Stop being insulting and respect the opinions of others

Just be aware I often find myself just driving around for 15 minutes ingame waiting for a store rob. I start driving torwards it the second it starts. Still, I'd say the SR is stopped like 40% of the time before I can even arrive, and I have to wait for another 15 minutes for a new store rob to start. Does this sound like fun?

I definitly agree that is boring to wait 10 minutes after each SR, especially when you got legit nothing else to do.

It's okay to change the system back to the old one, though, one really important thing, for example, SR X is robbed, then criminals head to SR Y, they rob it succesfully as well, yet they want to come back to SR X. Now, here's my suggestion, make larger pauses between the same SRs. I am honestly sick of seeing every second SR to be in either LV, Come-A-lot or LS, Wilowfield. I don't know why, but legit 60% of the SRs were there in the old system. So yeah, after one store is robbed, the cooldown of it should be like 20 minutes or even 30, so criminals can explore some other SRs. For example, SR X is robbed, the cooldown for it is 30 mins, yet SR Y will be free to be robbed in 7-8 mins
^ That's a suggestion if you're planning to get back to the old system

Also Human forgot to say the fun increases when 10 cops camp the Jail so a JB is impossible, so even during those 10 minutes, you can't JB, because you gotta bring an army with yourself.

@Tut-Greco said in Suggestion; delay for cops in the SR notification.:

as initially discussed with human/other clan members, i vouch for 15-20% before cops gets notified

That's too high, reaching that number is, more often than not, when you have plenty of criminals at the location, notifying cops then will take too long for them to reach the SR, especially if it's on some remote location.

@Cappo said in Suggestion; delay for cops in the SR notification.:

I definitly agree that is boring to wait 10 minutes after each SR, especially when you got legit nothing else to do.

It's okay to change the system back to the old one, though, one really important thing, for example, SR X is robbed, then criminals head to SR Y, they rob it succesfully as well, yet they want to come back to SR X. Now, here's my suggestion, make larger pauses between the same SRs. I am honestly sick of seeing every second SR to be in either LV, Come-A-lot or LS, Wilowfield. I don't know why, but legit 60% of the SRs were there in the old system. So yeah, after one store is robbed, the cooldown of it should be like 20 minutes or even 30, so criminals can explore some other SRs. For example, SR X is robbed, the cooldown for it is 30 mins, yet SR Y will be free to be robbed in 7-8 mins
^ That's a suggestion if you're planning to get back to the old system

Also Human forgot to say the fun increases when 10 cops camp the Jail so a JB is impossible, so even during those 10 minutes, you can't JB, because you gotta bring an army with yourself.

Please stay on topic or make a new one if you have other suggestions...