Updating PC Dog Spawn

DROT

Question

Hello boys!

As we all already know, PC (procop) is a group for experienced police team players which offers a few perks unavailable to trainees, troopers or even squads. While having a whole array of scripts made for it, very few of them are being used by players because A) Most of them are for roleplay B) They are outdated.

One such spawn is Police Dog. It is not able to arrest players in any way, must remain with its handler at all times and follow its instructions, is able to run at speed faster than humans and has only one ability: Slow.
Dog's slowing effect is the same effect that shotgun has, which is entirely useless now that every cop comes equipped with a shotgun. So why would anyone want to spawn dog if they can spawn as regular cop, and be able to slow people just like dog does but also arrest them, right?

What I am suggesting is making the dog bite have "crying" effect on wanted players, like tear gas does, but for a short moment.

This would hopefully encourage cops to try and use new tactics that include dogs, which could then potentially make both criminal and police gameplay more diverse and interesting. Keep in mind that dogs are still unable to arrest or even damage criminals and that this would bring no real advantage to police team, furthermore; dog spawn is available only to players with PC group membership so don't expect seeing many of them, if any at all.

Please share your thoughts below if you've any!

@Crash said in Updating PC Dog Spawn:

@Rzz0 said in Updating PC Dog Spawn:

so basically get stunned by a dog i cant outrun and i also cannot kill because the hitbox is broken LUL
obviously no
you already abuse eject, i get out of my car and im already tazed, you dont need a dog

kill the handler? and the dog will be useless? maybe? you know maybe think?

Nope, canine will still be protecting itself or attacking the target if its handler is down. i do say it should have a quarter life of a human tho. PC is all about rp and it'd be failrp/powergaming to keep running after a target as canine if you're shot 2 times with a shotgun. im 'retired' hunter irl and you'd drop a fox with a buckshot. canine irl also will be dropped from one or a few pistol rounds.

@Tut-Greco said in Updating PC Dog Spawn:

@Crash said in Updating PC Dog Spawn:

@Rzz0 said in Updating PC Dog Spawn:

so basically get stunned by a dog i cant outrun and i also cannot kill because the hitbox is broken LUL
obviously no
you already abuse eject, i get out of my car and im already tazed, you dont need a dog

kill the handler? and the dog will be useless? maybe? you know maybe think?

Nope, canine will still be protecting itself or attacking the target if its handler is down. i do say it should have a quarter life of a human tho. PC is all about rp and it'd be failrp/powergaming to keep running after a target as canine if you're shot 2 times with a shotgun. im 'retired' hunter irl and you'd drop a fox with a buckshot. canine irl also will be dropped from one or a few pistol rounds.

still the dog is useless once the handler is down that was my point tut not if he should die in 1/2 shots :(

your point is somewhat invalid, Crash. it doesn't go afk or run off the scene if its handler dies, only if it remains stuck in the rear space of the cruiser.

also my lifepoint addition was just something that came to mind adter reading rzzos post, not quoting your post