Let's revive the AK! (AK-47 = M4)

I-Gun

Question

''Hello everyone! I had an idea in mind for some time now and wanted to share it with public to see some feedback from our community. As you might probably know, when it comes to cops vs criminals, regardless of whatever side you are at, you probably use M4 as a mid range weapon so I thought why not make it a little bit RP-wise ?

My suggestion is to do some improvements on AK47, set its recoil to the exactly same level of M4, and have 50 rounds in a single magazine. If this suggestion of mine gets implemented, both guns will basicly be the same and the only thing that's gonna be different will be the looks.

alt text

Pros:
Cops can still prefer M4, meanwhile criminals will probably stick with AK-47.
We will get an almost forgotten weapon back in the gameplay again.
Makes much more sense RP-wise.

Cons:
Nothing I can think of''

i would rather have AK47 win over M4 in terms of damage per round and M4 win over AK47 in terms of accuracy. so perhaps increase ak47 damage by 1.25 or 1.5, hmm?

@I-Gun said in Let's revive the AK! (AK-47 = M4):

My suggestion is to do some improvements on AK47, set its recoil to the exactly same level of M4, and have 50 rounds in a single magazine.
Pros:
Makes much more sense RP-wise.

not really. M4 uses 5.56mm while AK47 uses 7.62mm. Ak47 by default holds up to 30 in its magazine however you can attach custom magazines for it to hold more than double the standard amount. So saying that it makes more sense RP-wise is bollocks. The 2 rifles stand out from each other in terms of their accuracy, weigh, ammunition etc.

for more in-depth info about key difference between the two rifles you could read this article https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-an-M4-assault-rifle-and-an-AK-47-rifle

Absolutely agree! AK-47 is such a legendary rifle in video games and beside that even more, in real life. I honestly prefer it alot more over M4, especially when it comes to looks and it's lethality. Also I agree with Tut what he said above, definetely would like to see this being bringed in-game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mPA-2Syy1A

@Tut-Greco said in Let's revive the AK! (AK-47 = M4):

M4 uses 5.56mm while AK47 uses 7.62mm. Ak47 by default holds up to 30 in its magazine however you can attach custom magazines for it to hold more than double the standard amount. So saying that it makes more sense RP-wise is bollocks. The 2 rifles stand out from each other in terms of their accuracy, weigh, ammunition etc.

Well, obviously AK47 and M4 aren't the same thing, but if this suggestion gets accepted, criminals will without doubt start using AK47 more often and I-Gun means that it makes much more sense RP-wise for a criminal to have an AK-47 rather than an M4.

M4 is used very often because of its almost perfect recoil and fire-rate, and as criminals can already use it, I can't see any downside of implementing this idea to gameplay and improving AK47. Criminals won't gain any unfair advantages over cops.

@Tut-Greco said in Let's revive the AK! (AK-47 = M4):

i would rather have AK47 win over M4 in terms of damage per round and M4 win over AK47 in terms of accuracy. so perhaps increase ak47 damage by 1.25 or 1.5, hmm?

I don't agree with that, because I think that it isn't worth the effort, and would cause cops to overreact and turn this suggestion into another cops vs criminals war, we already have people voting no and not saying why, cough @flusha cough. In worst case, we will end up with having cops use AK47, so I believe it won't make much difference, and that is exactly the opposite of what this suggestion is aiming for.

Both weapons should be equalized, in that case AK47 should get improved to M4 standards, so both sides can be happy, and use whatever weapon they would like to. I believe most criminals will switch to AK47, and cops will keep using M4, there is the goal of the suggestion.

+1!
there are simply no cons, same damage/magazin, criminals will use ak instead m4 & it looks cooler rp wise.

@Tut-Greco
i like your idea aswell, but you know, if ak get more damge, than either cops will cry or use ak instead or simply both ( i suggested your idea like ~5y before btw)

yeah, making AK47 identical to M4 and leaving only the cosmetics behind isnt something i fancy. AK is a unique rifle and i think it should remain that way. with Ak you should deal more damage but have less rounds, with M4 it would be opposite. i doubt cops are going to complain about unbalance as we're able to use combat shotgun etc. it's just a matter of using M4's +20 rounds more efficiently or Ak47's extra damage effeciently.

i agree that Ak47 is in a poor state right now, it offers no specials and is without doubt worse than its counterpart M4. but i highly disagree with making it identical to another gun when you can just tweak its damage. this is a hot topic for me just like if you're going to suggest adding M4 stats to Ak47 on CSGO. I love Ak47 and M4 likewise for their unique features.

Currently AK-47 and M4 do same amount of damage, being 10. Both do 10 damage, from bodypart being hit.

If you want to balance it out, without dropping to same level as MP5 (8 damage per shot) having 9 damage per shot would force you to hit 11 shots. Even then, you want to help the recoil of AK-47 a bit (Currently, it doesn't matter if killing takes 9 or 10 shots due to lag difference, it won't count all the hits anyways). Lag is especially bad with high recoil weapons. (Funny fact is, that AK-47 has almost most recoil of any weapons, since shotguns don't suffer from recoil) The spread being same for both weapons (every bullet goes clockwise of the white pixel in middle of the crosshair, every shot increases the distance from the white dot, but the clockwise spray pattern is the same. Technically, you could hit all the shots even when you spray, if you can control it by moving the mouse around the target, extremely difficult however.

What I would do, is decrease M4's damage by two, to drop the damage to same as MP5, but keep the weapon accurate-> It'd be better in long range fights and burst shots, (90 metres distance from eachother, good for tapping) while decreasing AK-47's recoil by a bit, and keeping the damage at 10. (Still works in long range, if you tap the shots)

This way you get M4 more bursty weapon, and AK-47 is more of a spray weapon, while keeping both weapons effective. I wouldn't increase the damage of AK-47, as it can get out of hand fast (reminding, that combat shotgun does 40% damage when all pellets hit, and sniper does 41%, desert eagle 46%)

One Tap Machine

No, but just increase AK-47 damage value a bit and it's fair enough, in my opinion.

I voted for no because the suggestion is to make the gun look like the M4, which I don't think it's a good thing but I would like to see the damage value changed up a bit.

@Joe said in Let's revive the AK! (AK-47 = M4):

@kipt said in Let's revive the AK! (AK-47 = M4):

@DROT said in Let's revive the AK! (AK-47 = M4):

@kipt said in Let's revive the AK! (AK-47 = M4):

I voted for no because the suggestion is to make the gun look like the M4

That isn't the suggestion at all?

Que?

nobody suggested to make the AK-47 visually similar to the m4 you moron

alt text

My suggestion is to do some improvements on AK47, set its recoil to the exactly same level of M4, and have 50 rounds in a single magazine.

Who said anything about the visual look, you half-wits? How staff again ....... ohhhh :O right, nvm

@Bunny said in Let's revive the AK! (AK-47 = M4):

Currently AK-47 and M4 do same amount of damage, being 10. Both do 10 damage, from bodypart being hit.

If you want to balance it out, without dropping to same level as MP5 (8 damage per shot) having 9 damage per shot would force you to hit 11 shots. Even then, you want to help the recoil of AK-47 a bit (Currently, it doesn't matter if killing takes 9 or 10 shots due to lag difference, it won't count all the hits anyways). Lag is especially bad with high recoil weapons. (Funny fact is, that AK-47 has almost most recoil of any weapons, since shotguns don't suffer from recoil) The spread being same for both weapons (every bullet goes clockwise of the white pixel in middle of the crosshair, every shot increases the distance from the white dot, but the clockwise spray pattern is the same. Technically, you could hit all the shots even when you spray, if you can control it by moving the mouse around the target, extremely difficult however.

What I would do, is decrease M4's damage by two, to drop the damage to same as MP5, but keep the weapon accurate-> It'd be better in long range fights and burst shots, (90 metres distance from eachother, good for tapping) while decreasing AK-47's recoil by a bit, and keeping the damage at 10. (Still works in long range, if you tap the shots)

This way you get M4 more bursty weapon, and AK-47 is more of a spray weapon, while keeping both weapons effective. I wouldn't increase the damage of AK-47, as it can get out of hand fast (reminding, that combat shotgun does 40% damage when all pellets hit, and sniper does 41%, desert eagle 46%)

Adding to this, AK47 would take 10 shots to kill, while M4 13. This damage buff would make ak47 more efficient in closer battles compared to m4. I'd decrease M4 clip size to 40 too. Obviously, it can be tested and rebalaced accordingly.

I'll be running tests today in-game, will be looking if theres a better way to balance that would come into my mind.

@kipt

If you'd increase the damage value of AK-47, effectiveness will start at 12 damage per shot, killing with 9 shots. 13 damage 7 shots, getting strong very quickly. At 7 shots, you'd start to favor ak-47 in long distance fights over sniper, as it's more reliable in lag. (the range of m4&ak47 is 90metres with loc feature sniper has 250 and 300 metres, can explain how it works if you wish.

@Bunny
I just agreed on modifying the AK-47 to input more damage than the M4 (first saw that from tuts 1st post if I ain't mistaken). How 'you' (devs) reach that goal ain't much my business, either nerfing M4 or buffing the AK-47, personally, I'm good with both. But I do have a question about the nerfing of the M4. How loud will the M4 hardy boys scream when they realize that the M4 got nerfed? Not that they'll notice much, but hey you ain't playing SAES if no one comes to the forum and try to change things back to the way they were.

@kipt

Nerfs are pretty minimal and puts m4 in almost same level, We could obviously also just buff ak47 a bit, but then getting them to same level is harder.

If you nerf clipsize, its just three bullet different, not really chanching the usage of weapon. Not something youll notice without testing.