Stop the drive-by script.

blizzard

Question

alt text

A common situation met by many criminals driving around which 95% of the time ends up with criminals being arrested (screenshot taken 1 year ago, things did not change up to this day)

As a criminal, especially driving alone with stars, you dread it, you know they will catch you, it requires no skill, just numbers. A situation in which you are gunned down almost instantly by a cop car usually with more than 4 people "in" it, with no intention to even RP like in the old days. Yes it happens often, and I experienced it many times when I just wanted to drive around and relax.
Now don't get me wrong, there are still some cops in the server who are looking to stop you and RP, but this is the most common way cops deal with criminals outside a criminal activity besides base raiding.

Most of the cops opinion on this would be that I'd have to take friends with me everytime I drive around but really, is that a possible scenario? Can I get 5+ of my gangmates to protect me while I just want to drive around every time? Not really, most of the criminals drive around with a friend, 2 or 3 at max and still have no chance against the usual 10+ cops on a car.

The simple solution? end the drive-by script, for both sides.

It is the most fair way possible, cops can take you down, you have a chance to escape, and afterall, it is a much more fun and rewarding experience for both sides.

EDIT #1: another maybe more fair solution would be only to allow the colt and taser, so cops can shoot down the tires

9 answers to this question

Biggest problem in my opinion, is the speed of the vehicles on SAES and how easy it is to obtain this vehicle. I'm pretty sure every single cop on the server can get one of these police cruisers which are insanely fast. Faster than all regular vehicles you can obtain as far as I know. Not sure how we can balance this, but as a criminal, you either kill the cop or you get arrested as you can't escape through driving.

@Human_ said in Stop the drive-by script.:

Biggest problem in my opinion, is the speed of the vehicles on SAES and how easy it is to obtain this vehicle. I'm pretty sure every single cop on the server can get one of these police cruisers which are insanely fast. Faster than all regular vehicles you can obtain as far as I know. Not sure how we can balance this, but as a criminal, you either kill the cop or you get arrested as you can't escape through driving.

Absolutely not, any cop can buy a super gt v8 to keep up the pace. The problem is you can driveby using op weapons such as M4 to insta destroy someones car instead of popping tyres to stop it. Before there was a script which harmed anyone in a car when it took damage, with its removal police chases are a total disaster now.

If I get your point correctly you are saying when you're being chased by 5 cops (since you're talking about driveby lets say 5 max) and you're alone you should be able to run away. I dont think that's how it's supposed to be. You ARE supposed to get arrested when you're outnumbered, that's teamwork.

@Human_ learn to drive duh

To be fair, I don't really have a problem with this, since it's either a car full of crim shooting to a single cop or a car full of cops shooting to a single crim. And the speed of the cruisers doesn't really bother me.

I wouldn't mind seeing the damage to vehicle damage to the occupant script back, as odorian mentioned but, you know, crashing into walls to avoid getting jailed was a real thing.

Anyhow, I agree with the "edit #1" part.

@Sam-B said in Stop the drive-by script.:

Same can be said for when 1-2 cops team together against a car with 4 crims, as well as another 8 or so glued on after a SR.

Anyway - back to the point. I prefer chases where no one shoots... pure driving skill is needed then.

Like sam just said. Ever seen a cop shooting his m4 out the passengerseat in America? don't think so. Same goes to Criminals, it is possible irl ofcourse, but to make it equal, remove the driveby shooting, or make it so only colts & tazers can be used. If the ability get removed, cops can improve there pitmanoevers & teamwork with other cops. Also the radio can be usefull again. Im with Sam in this one.

@master said in Stop the drive-by script.:

If I get your point correctly you are saying when you're being chased by 5 cops (since you're talking about driveby lets say 5 max) and you're alone you should be able to run away. I dont think that's how it's supposed to be. You ARE supposed to get arrested when you're outnumbered, that's teamwork.

That is not really what I meant, it does make sense that the ones who outnumber you have a bigger chance to win, but let me give you an example of what this statement means to me.

Some days ago I went to patrol with SWAT members, it was really fun, they used more cars to catch down criminals and they even had an helicopter. Now, let's say that the drive-by script is disabled. The ones in bigger numbers (SWATs with 3-4 cars) have a bigger chance to arrest a single car (just imagine the cool maneuvers they can use).

My whole point is that in most cases, car chases last no more than 15-20 seconds and there is no fun involved in any way. Car chases can be fun for both sides.

Driveby shooting is a mta feature, personally i think its a important element in the game. Shooting rate is also slower.

Thats not the issue, issue might be that police side endorse it. Thats why for i.e. FOX has a supress-fire only policy, or shoot in attempt to pop tires.

If we disable it, will we rp more? No, people run off as soon as they see cops. Cops have a bad reputation, plus these NO RP binds SWAT and other orgs using is not helping the situtation

I would suggest a solution, but I dont have one im afriad.. situtation is far more complicated