Forum Theme

Brophy

As our 'category sections' plugin no longer works and the author not looking at fixing it anytime soon, it's made our forum look a bit pants.

I worked on using a pre-existing theme available for NodeBB and modifying it for Bastage.

Can be viewed here: https://dev.saesrpg.uk

Do you think (obviously if changed to 'SAES' style) we should adopt this style of theme and also reduce the need for a 'section' plugin?

I was thinking of also developing 'skins' for the theme, so you can select if you want a SA style or VC style skin etc...

Let me know.

Yes, please make the SA Style & VC Style skin be an actual thing! It was so dope in the old forums where you could switch from the SAES skin on your profile to the Bastage one.

But, the Bastage Theme forums are quite dope too, if all the commands would be the same, why not?

I like the theme on the dev version of the forums, the only thing I would like to see changed is the page background color. I don't think plain white is a great color to use for the background when you are trying to read something.

Forums Background

Something like this would definitely feel better when using the forums for long periods of time.
I'm pretty sure it would be changed anyways, but I just wanted to be safe.
It looks simple and organized, so I say go for it.

I've added a background and inserted the content within a 'parent' with a background colour.

I would have been a ballache going around adding elements to each section (such as subcategories, topics/posts views etc) as the style isn't designed around using a dark background.

Just a few more things I noticed:

• The topic width seem to be set to max out at around 1050px, which in my opinion is a little too much. The current forums width is around 780px, that's a good size.

• Spoilers don't seem to be working, they don't open when clicked.

• Text-decoration do not seem to be turned off for images. You can see an underline behind the image and they get black when hovered.

I don't know if these are things you are aware of, just wanted to point out before release.

https://dev.saesrpg.uk/topic/38/the-company

.posts [component=post] .content [component="post/content"] a:not(.plugin-mentions-user), .topic [component=post] .content [component="post/content"] a:not(.plugin-mentions-user) {
border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,.1); /* This is what is causing the line behind the image */
}