[FEATURE] SAES Universe

jordskjelv

Question

SSON.png?ex=65bae293&is=65a86d93&hm=f3e2
I am one of the developers of this mod. Stars And Stripes unites all maps from GTA 3D universe: GTA III, GTA Vice City Stories, GTA San Andreas, Bully, Manhunt and adds new GTA lore friendly  locations and cities, new vehicles, new weapons
Recently we started running SAMP multiplayer, unfortunately we cant run this in MTA due to limits. I would like to see this multiplayer with SAES mod. Currently map is 4 times bigger than original San Andreas map and supposed to be 12 times bigger

image.png?ex=65bc9370&is=65aa1e70&hm=ce9

15_01_2024_6_24_54_AM.webp?ex=65c11f8c&i
gallery1.jpg?ex=65c03532&is=65adc032&hm=
4fyZYk5h.jpg?ex=65bed3cc&is=65ac5ecc&hm=

Screenshot_170.png?ex=65c11f8c&is=65aeaa
sa-mp-015.webp?ex=65c1201a&is=65aeab1a&h
image_3.webp?ex=65bfb05b&is=65ad3b5b&hm=
gallery29.jpg?ex=65c0437d&is=65adce7d&hm

gallery6.jpg?ex=65bec2a3&is=65ac4da3&hm=

Edited by jordskjelv
  • Like 4

12 answers to this question

Maps from other GTA games is something we have tried in the past but didn't find very beneficial for the server and ceased its development. With the server's playercount some areas in the map are more or less ghost towns and any large map expansions to come will face same fate, or result in lower density of players across the map. Jobs from the transportation industry might benefit from map expansions of this sort, but the general criminal/police playerbase not so much. There are MTA servers that trim down their map to just 1 city so to not keep players too far apart.

Maps of this scale can technically be implemented if you apply some clever approaches to how the world is streamed, but we'd still be looking at a great mandatory download size for something that won't benefit us much while also degrading the gameplay for some of the server population.

We would definitely have to rethink a large part of the server with such large expansions/changes and I'm sorry to say that's not in our current vision

• Like 1

My brother in Christ it takes 1 year to add an island to the game yet you are talking about a map that's bigger than the gta sa map. Nice project that you are working on, I would love to see this happening but sorry this won't work for saes

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, chrusader said:

My brother in Christ it takes 1 year to add an island to the game yet you are talking about a map that's bigger than the gta sa map. Nice project that you are working on, I would love to see this happening but sorry this won't work for saes

Edited by jordskjelv
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, chrusader said:

Classic toxic behavior. First of all you can say a gz to all these guys putting a huge effort to bring something interesting and new and not provide bad reviews when you don't even know the basics of creating a video game.

I am pretty sure this won't work at SAES but it has the potential to be a unique project outside of the MTA servers ideas...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, chaplin said:

Classic toxic behavior. First of all you can say a gz to all these guys putting a huge effort to bring something interesting and new and not provide bad reviews when you don't even know the basics of creating a video game.

I am pretty sure this won't work at SAES but it has the potential to be a unique project outside of the MTA servers ideas...

asslicking ingame asslicking in forums asslicking in discord and propably being a cuck irl get urself another hobby ffs

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

7 hours ago, XpooKs said:

asslicking ingame asslicking in forums asslicking in discord and propably being a cuck irl get urself another hobby ffs

have you ever tried to create something from scratch or you always find yourself judging other people's efforts only? If it seems like an asslick in your eyes then you should re-evaluate some things in your perspective.

Jord is always going the extra mile to present an idea and that's a huge thing most people avoid to mention. If something is good you have every right to congratulate it but it looks like you only use the game communities to mock and insult other people.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Weppo said:

-1 from me

Not for MTA, lot's of bugs at each release, 2-3 years away from completion if not more, will never find someone to arrest if it's 10x10 bigger.

just add helicopter to the disk

• Haha 1

I see that you added GTA 3 & GTA VC on this huge ass map and other custom ones by you and by few other people. But here are my thoughts;

It would be good if the server could have an average of 200-300 players. But considering the activity of the server, there's only about 100-130 people only at the middle of the day. It will also (I suppose) consume a lot of server ram, which can cost a lot of money to keep the server running. Another possible problem is that it could have lots of bugs since it's a mod. And of course, FPS problems. Consider the current SAES maps & mods + this, would be even bigger and laggier.

+ Adding helicopter to the disk won't probably be possible since you can only obtain them through g/s/c vehicles and/or donation. But I don't know, maybe when this mod is possible, They will.

Overall, looks good, looks fantastic but I don't think this map is for MTA considering this huge map.
Good suggestion, good architecture skills & shit. Keep up the habit.

Edited by AcezMCK

6 minutes ago, AcezMCK said:

I see that you added GTA 3 & GTA VC on this huge ass map and other custom ones by you and by few other people. But here are my thoughts;

It would be good if the server could have an average of 200-300 players. But considering the activity of the server, there's only about 100-130 people only at the middle of the day. It will also (I suppose) consume a lot of server ram, which can cost a lot of money to keep the server running. Another possible problem is that it could have lots of bugs since it's a mod. And of course, FPS problems. Consider the current SAES maps & mods + this, would be even bigger and laggier.

+ Adding helicopter to the disk won't probably be possible since you can only obtain them through g/s/c vehicles and/or donation. But I don't know, maybe when this mod is possible, They will.

Overall, looks good, looks fantastic but I don't think this map is for MTA considering this huge map.
Good suggestion, good architecture skills & shit. Keep up the habit.

i can host server myself and pay for scripters, just need permission to use SAES RPG mod

3 minutes ago, jordskjelv said:

i can host server myself and pay for scripters, just need permission to use SAES RPG mod

eh, don't think they'll allow you to use saes rpg scripts. thats why copycat saes servers(without saes permission) existed, but goodluck