[SUGGESTION] Tutorial For New Players

Wizax

What do you think about the Tutorial for new players, is it needed to have or its a waste to add  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the idea is it needed to have or its a waste to add

• Yes
    • No

Question

Everyone of us has noticed the decrease of population in SAES in the previous years, People leaving without new people joining, And I've thought of a solution to help fixing this before it gets to a helpless point because SAES is a server that requires a respected amount of players online to be able to enjoy it.
I've first thought of a way to keep players but it's not the best problem to fix and instead keeping the new players is the way for it, we see that people turn so generous, lovely and helpful only during Staff Recruitments periods in which we manage to keep every new player that joins the game since he gets someone to teach him and show him what is this server about, I even tried to recruit some of my real life friends to the server but those I did not show / teach them the game didn't stick because they completely didn't understand anything.

I know that there exists "F1">Gameplay but let's be honest, imagine you are joining a GTA:SA online game and you will have to read 300+ line, no one will bother to do this and especially new players and my suggestion to fix that is to create them a small tutorial explaining them in a smooth yet easy way how to play the game, a tutorial where they understand what each icon mean, what does the yellow ones ((civilliants/truckers ect...)) do, what does the blue ones do (( cops/polices )) and what does the red ones do (( criminals ))
for example, give them a target to practice at in cop tutorial, where they first start with understanding that nightstick arrests, tazer drops them and shotgun slows,
for criminal you create them a tutorial SR/BR ect... where they get the point of it and teach them they only allowed to kill cops chasing them
for Civillian you give them a load as trucker and you give them time to deliver it ect..

I ensure you that if this project gets live we will see many new players coming to the server and we will have more active players, (( we really need more players ))

The Idea is when they create a new account and log in, they get teleported to a 2nd dimension where they get those small led tutorials then they come back to our dimension to play the game so you kind of force them to do it to understand the game

Edited by Wizax
  • Like 7

9 answers to this question

Should've been implemented long ago but it's never too late to change I guess. Too many people I have encountered disliked the idea of being taught the game in theory, rules have to be memorized and stuff, alot of non-newbie friendly rules to be fair; It can only be taught through an actual live program that will show them what to do and not; Also show them a "Tutorial" on every class they spawn. F.e: General spawn: Once they spawn, they get a notification like the admin message that tells you to press Ok to continue after 5 secs, it says "This is a class that gives you access to plenty of skins within the server, but is only used to Roleplay: Meaning there is no way of making money through this spawn." Also you can expand the idea and add a "Google translator" option to translate that to their native language in case they don't speak English (If F1 rules consist of all languages, then everything else could also be translated). Also regarding spawns they cannot spawn as, literally not a single newbie would understand what the group lock is for; Atleast add more to the message like "This class is locked to group ALT (for example), you may not spawn as this class unless your username is added to it." That definitely will clarify it slightly atleast

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dinaz said:

Should've been implemented long ago but it's never too late to change I guess. Too many people I have encountered disliked the idea of being taught the game in theory, rules have to be memorized and stuff, alot of non-newbie friendly rules to be fair; It can only be taught through an actual live program that will show them what to do and not; Also show them a "Tutorial" on every class they spawn. F.e: General spawn: Once they spawn, they get a notification like the admin message that tells you to press Ok to continue after 5 secs, it says "This is a class that gives you access to plenty of skins within the server, but is only used to Roleplay: Meaning there is no way of making money through this spawn." Also you can expand the idea and add a "Google translator" option to translate that to their native language in case they don't speak English (If F1 rules consist of all languages, then everything else could also be translated). Also regarding spawns they cannot spawn as, literally not a single newbie would understand what the group lock is for; Atleast add more to the message like "This class is locked to group ALT (for example), you may not spawn as this class unless your username is added to it." That definitely will clarify it slightly atleast

That's for an upgrade later, but i agree with the language changing idea, its fair enough to just teach people Police/Criminal and Trucker spawn since they are the majors, the rest he will understand later by himself

• Like 1

Great idea , I want to suggest it before because i see new members joins the server and they didn't know what to do or how to start a job . i see it will be a good idea for the server gaining more players , to be honest , the server is not active as before , i swear the new players will enjoy the server if they found someone to teach them 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Limits said:

Great idea , I want to suggest it before because i see new members joins the server and they didn't know what to do or how to start a job . i see it will be a good idea for the server gaining more players , to be honest , the server is not active as before , i swear the new players will enjoy the server if they found someone to teach them 

people will 100% enjoy SAES if they understood it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pastaa said:

Too be honest, it will be long to script this, and you think that developers will do that, they are really lazy.

It would be a great idea but uh, developers probably wont make it.

i started same suggestion 3-4 years ago and had the exact same reply, also the reply of "tHe iS f1 > gAmE pLaY" as if someone will bother to read 300 line to play GTA:SA online in 2024

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Wizax said:

i started same suggestion 3-4 years ago and had the exact same reply, also the reply of "tHe iS f1 > gAmE pLaY" as if someone will bother to read 300 line to play GTA:SA online in 2024

I agree, developers just need to wake up honestly.

The server is rapidly dying as there are barely any new updates. We need new developers that actually care for the server.

• Like 1