Connecting in-game chats with discord and vice versa

JohnPrice

Question

Aloha, SAES. I'll get straight into the matter so as to make it easier for you to read. I'm talking frequently on discord with people from my group or either my squad as most of us do anymore and I was thinking how much useful would it be if we were able to connect the server with it. I made my research through MTA forums and I found out exactly what I'm thinking. You may check the link and the video as well to get to know more.

https://forum.mtasa.com/topic/91203-show-mta-discord-integration-api/

This is the best example I could find. Imagine how different would it be if we improve like that our communication.

Thanks for reading! (if you did)

5 answers to this question

Well, I don't really know how useful keeping a log of the global chat is, aside of that, I don't really see a useful application to this aside of the logs.
It would be useful as a pm system, yes, but it wouldn't work as your pm's would essentially be public, so not really sure if that's any good...

About the organization, yeah, probably CC chat would be useful, but it's shared, so essentially, everyone would see eachother's cc.. Still bad..

I just.. Don't know how useful that is? Keeping a log of the global chat? I don't really see that anything important would be said on the global chat, and even less something important that would be directed straight to you...

So.. From my point of view, don't really see it useful.

I was talking mainly about CC chat. It won't be shared, mate. It will be private and reserved only for squad / gang members. Not necessary, as well, to use this on global chat. Would be useful, as I pointed out, mostly for squads / gangs and groups.

@silence said in Connecting in-game chats with discord and vice versa:

I'm not interested in what goes on in our CC while I'm offline. It does not concern me. I don't see why we would need this?

@johnprice said in Connecting in-game chats with discord and vice versa:

I was talking mainly about CC chat.

Well then someone would have to configure each cc chat to a specific discord channel, limit the users to just that certain channel, assign roles to every member of every g/s/c as soon as he joins and leaves it and so on.. In my opinion it's highly unefficient and quite frankly limited, also, do you really need a log of all what's going on in your cc chat? If you do, you really have trust issues I guess.

Don't stick to the logs. This can be moderated so as the messages disappear after a while. I'm getting offended watching you stating something like trust issues while I'm suggesting something that could be useful for better cooperation, communication, since people offline will be able to get notified if their gang members need help online or anything else related with in-game activities.