[SUGGESTION] gang/squad raids

General

Question

Credits to @Lincoln, and @Blue for making me think of the idea thanks to your brain hhh.

Stolen / Illegal goods spawn at a random gangs location, to start the raid mission you need x amount of squad members - Said gang will receive a notification inb4 they get raided so they can defend their base. Once you have retrieved the stolen goods deliver them at a PD / Squad base to get the reward, maybe something like VIP where you have to be in range when it gets delivered to get the paycheck

~[NOTE:]~(red) Criminals will also be able to be rewarded for defending or raiding squads to destroy or steal evidence of drug trafficking, etc.
Just like squads, also the same amount of money, an amount that I suggested in discord that may be up to ~[900k]~(lime)

12 answers to this question

And how exactly does the gang benefit from it's base being raided? What's the reward for successfully fending off an attack, assuming it is a possibility? How do you make the gang actually want to defend it's base rather than getting involved with other activities? How do you make sure that the gang chosen to be raided is not afk? Finally, why can't this suggestion work both ways, with gangs raiding squad bases to steal or destroy evidence?

Edit: I'm not trying to shit on your idea by the way, I'm genuinely curious.

@kikas said in [SUGGESTION] Squad raids:

And how exactly does the gang benefit from it's base being raided?

Squads don't benefit from stopping bank- or store robs either besides arresting and a small amount of money.

What's the reward for successfully fending off an attack, assuming it is a possibility?

Best way would be rewarding you for killing squad members the same way squads get rewarded for arresting/killing criminals.

How do you make the gang actually want to defend it's base rather than getting involved with other activities? How do you make sure that the gang chosen to be raided is not afk?

Bank and store robs both contineously get done without caring whether squads are willing to attend or are AFK. So why would that be an issue here? There's no need in making sure the chosen gang is not AFK, if they are, they are. It's up to the gang if they want to defend and get rewarded for it. A gang can rob a bank at any given time - it hasn't been an issue for decades where the gang robbing had to make sure cops are not AFK.

@kikas well we could say that if the gang wins they can be rewarded with the same amount of money squads get, or be rewarded with the kills like Akyz said, and that a X amount of active criminals are needed for raid.

Crims would probably not afk most of the time intentionally to protect their base, since it would be a lot of money, and it's not really a issue since it still would be done actively.

@AkyZ said in [SUGGESTION] Squad raids:

Squads don't benefit from stopping bank- or store robs either besides arresting and a small amount of money.

Bank robs can net you 200k+ if you manage to take it over early, and you don't even have to defend from around the vault to get paid.

Bank and store robs both contineously get done without caring whether squads are willing to attend or are AFK. So why would that be an issue here? There's no need in making sure the chosen gang is not AFK, if they are, they are. It's up to the gang if they want to defend and get rewarded for it.

Fair point, the AFK thing is a bit of a stretch. But there's a rather big difference between a bank and an organization's base. You don't spawn at a bank or a store (unless you use a property or your squad base is right next to one). This basically forces an activity in a place that you normally use to chill out at. It's also very reminiscent of GRs, which we know almost no one likes to do in their current state. Which is why I think that raids like this should work both ways, with gangs being allowed to raid squads as well.

A gang can rob a bank at any given time - it hasn't been an issue for decades where the gang robbing had to make sure cops are not AFK.

Not any given time. We have to make sure that at least 10 cops are in game to start one. Although with the recent migrations from crim to cop side, getting enough defenders has been more problematic during certain times of day than getting 10 cops. And yes, making sure cops were not AFK has been an issue at one point, believe it or not. Not too long ago actually.

And how exactly does the gang benefit from it's base being raided? What's the reward for successfully fending off an attack, assuming it is a possibility? How do you make the gang actually want to defend it's base rather than getting involved with other activities? How do you make sure that the gang chosen to be raided is not afk? Finally, why can't this suggestion work both ways, with gangs raiding squad bases to steal or destroy evidence?

Edit: I'm not trying to shit on your idea by the way, I'm genuinely curious.

Lets name the gang that being robbed "~[X]~(red)"
Lets name the outsiders gang "~[Y]~(lime)"
And it's a spark to light up another idea: other gangs/outsiders who aren't allies with the gang that is being raided/robbed can join in to take the things the cops are attempting to steal and ~[X]~(red) is attempting to deffend. Whoever could get/keep the goods gets paid in their organisation bank as well as each winning side participant. However, it should not be a frequent occurrence.

Whats the point of building sick bases if all you want to do is afk in it. The activity is meant to be randomized so the chances of it being your base is slim considering the amount of gangs @WenDo

Might as well want to add a requirement of 5 or more gang members being spawned from the gang thats bout to be raided. And make it so for cops that they have to gather x amount of squad members in a marker like pbr before being able to start the mission

And as Kickass suggested, having it both ways would be cool, criminals would steal police evidence from squad bases where cops seize illegal goods

@Sanfara Yes, it's a good idea, and we can do that, but if crims like the one who are voting no without argument are not doing any good for SAES :kek:

It's ironic because they're the ones who want updates, but downvote creative suggestions that may be able to improve activity.

Instead of thinking for yourselves, think for everyone, that's what I'm doing, I can make it be beneficial for crims, and squads.
I'm only trying to help you, and SAES. I don't wanna offend or affect anyone negatively.