Your ingame username: hateyou
Your ingame alias: Crank
Your year of birth: 1999
Your gender: Male

Nationality: German
Country of residence: Germany

How long you have been playing SAES: Since late 2012
Qualities you can offer:

• Ambition: Through either studies, sports, my career, or minor things that I have been tasked to do, my ambition is an indication for my tenacity to achieve the goals that I have planned for myself or the job that I must fulfill. I don't stop until the goal is reached or the plan fails. With determination to succeed, I will always push myself through what others would deem as impossible.

• Quick learning & self-reflection

• Adaptability: With quite a history of situations & people that I have had to deal with over the years, I learned how to be flexible and to adjust at any moment. I face new problems, pivot among distractions and politely proceed forward. For this reason, it is also not difficult for me to meet and adapt to a new team that works towards a common goal.

• Ability to resolve conflicts fair and effective: Knowing how to resolve conflicts within a community is absolutely essential due to the amount of various complex problems that can arise. Addressing them in a mature demeaner is a first. Maintaining respect for anyone no matter what whilst keeping a cold head is a second. From my experience, communities are multilayered and within those layers are people with distinct intentions. Being aware of those intentions and knowing the how/when/what of conflicts helps a long way of resolving conflicts fairly and effectively. That is precisely what I can offer.

• Dependability, reliability, and responsibility: Due to my studies, I can offer quite a lot of time for SAES. Hence, dependability is not going to be an issue. I do whatever I am tasked to do, and I do as promised. Furthermore, I am quite confident to say that I take responsibility for my actions. No matter if they are right or wrong, you can expect that I accept the consequences. It is also quite easy for me to step up and take initiative when others are still asking the what and the who. I gather my facts, I analyze them and upon reviewal I create a decision. It can be as easy as that for me.

• Experience: Surprisingly, I have already had the chance to be a part of a staff team on a server that is unrelated to SAES. Even though it had only a player base of 40 players at max, it was nevertheless an opportunity that I am glad I took. Since the player base was so small, I had to be careful how I approached certain situations. After all, losing even one player for such a server was painful. Hence, I needed to learn when and how I had to make particular decisions. Only at extreme cases, I was confident to lock out someone from the community. Early on I also had to learn that being a part of a staff team is not always fun and games but that it is also interconnected with responsibilities, time, patience and work. However, that lesson did not negatively impact my experience, if anything I actually embraced it. Unfortunately, the server died and so did my membership. I miss doing what I did there though. Having said that, I think I could perfectly transfer what I learned onto SAES.

No matter what, I am willing to fully pledge myself to the community that I have been a part of for so long now.

Your weaknesses: Although I always meet my deadlines, I used to have a big problem with procrastination, and Id end up working really long days as a deadline approached for whatever project, exam etc. I decided that I needed to deal with the issue recently, so I created routines and schedules for myself. It is still an on-going process, but I think I can see improvement.

Sometimes I catch myself delegating too many responsibilities on myself, because I feel like I can finish the task myself. This proves to be extremely energy-consuming and stressful when working on bigger projects. For this reason, I am trying to divide the task whenever I can in order to protect my sanity and to give other people a chance to cope with tasks themselves. It is still difficult to cope with, but I am ready to face the challenge to deal with it.

I can also be overly critical of myself and other people. Once I finish a task I feel a sense of worry that I could have done more, even though I had done whatever I could in the contrary. You could also call it perfectionism. With age, that attribute is slowly diminishing though and I am learning to accept that not everything can be as perfect as I envision it to be.

Do you have Discord Installed: Crank#1410

Reason for application: For one, because of my experience as a staff member. I admittedly miss the tasks and the problem-solving that came along as a staff member. It proved to be extremely enjoyable, so why not try it on the server I exclusively play on? On the other hand, I very much think I could help solidify the staff team, even though it is a difficult task, but I am not afraid of taking it on. I could present you a collection of other reasons such as help dealing with reports and reliably conducting daily affairs of a community staff member, but that goes without saying.

Server Memberships: SWAT

Additional information: Yo, my name is Stefan, I am currently studying business information systems. It is gonna take a while until I graduate, hence I have quite a lot of time on hand until I do. Therefore, I am more than up to invest some time in some side projects like CS. I had the pleasure to enjoy this community at its fullest for almost 10 years now. I have seen the good, the bad & the troll. Even though the server can be a buggy mess sometimes, it has a certain charm that I caught and never seemed to get rid of. To be honest, I never thought of applying for Community Staff before as well but I think it is about time that I finally do.

Previous (legitimate) punishments on the server: None, a few troll mutes asfaik and perhaps the ordinary admin jails.
Previous (legitimate) bans: Edit: Thought I had none but I remembered that 6 years ago or smth I was banned for a week for deathmatching.

https://streamable.com/nroc4d
Credits to @brotherhoodman
https://saesrpg.uk/topic/28/saes-meme-pictures-v2/3133?page=157

• 3 weeks later...

A pretty great application but you need to get your name out there for being a bit more helpful around the community.

Unfortunately your application has not been successful this time around. Please try and help out more ingame and on discord to increase your chances in the future.

Best of luck next time!

alt text