kill-arrest

TaaviLaudur

The idea with the kill-arrest system was that we would have a test run. And as there have been not many complaints (Because jbs and brs are still doable) it has kind of slipped our minds to disable the feature for evaluation.

We will come back to this shortly.

@kawaii said in kill-arrest:

Also,the main problem is not in the performance, the new system completely kills the usual gameplay dynamics.

Ahh yes... Those gameplay dynamics which include police shooting criminals even though it didn't arrest them back then, merely because it's borderline impossible to run with a nightstick down the jail hallway or through bank entry.

People were and still will be shooting you because the only other option is running en masse like sheep to the slaughter towards camping crims. It's just that you'd like to get an easy way out by teleporting to the hospital.

I think that kill-arrest is a really good system. For BRs, as it rewards cops for killing criminals and motivates them to actually show up and participate in stopping the robbery. As for Jailbreaks it adds an extra challenge for criminals while giving cops more options, i personally enjoy jbs and brs a lot more with with that system....Until ICE, FOX or a trainee show up with CS or Sawn-off that just ruins the fun as well as being unrealistic
It would be great if kill-arrest stays, but in my opinion i think that it should be limited to M4 only if that is possible.

@punchline said in kill-arrest:

Should be removed because in real life you cant arrest people who you have killed.

In real life you don't get to walk free once shot during a prison riot either. How about that?
Furthermore in real life you don't really get to come back once killed!
So what exactly is the point you're trying to make here?

mr @XAVIER
i think Xavier you have nightmare about ice coming in jail.
About kill arrest i preference the nightstick and taser.because all the police run in side the jail and put them where they belong.
now what happens lots of crime in jail use drugs have lots of weapons.kill police and that don't respond quickly as wardens so they don't lose there guns or they get enjoyment with kill one prisoner...my opinion with the new system the winner is the prisoner they have more time to escape .and less time in prison by getting killed arrest.

kill arrest in jail and BRs is the only logical way to go.
Maybe we can remove that and also disable /sell and weps storage once you have left the cell or done your sentence? how about that, hm... or maybe crims should be blocked from entering jail and bank interior once you have died in it, for idk, maybe 5 min?
...so much great ideas.

So kill-arrest isn't realistic, but selling arms/drugs while being JBed is realistic. Man, if we start comparing SAES with the reality, woah, there is much to talk about then. Anyway, even that this " kill-arrest system " got implemented, I still don't see everyone getting the value from it. Only people who have been quite a while in the server are using this. Also, it's never that easy to stop the jailbreak even though this system exists. I suggest you try killing 10-20 criminals who are using drugs and camping the small corridor as you know that only 2-3 officers can fit there. No need to try doing that actually, let me tell you what will happen - you either get killed instantly or you get someone killed/jailed who gets JBed again after 1 second.

Well, I believe that this kill/arrest system actually brought balance between cops and criminals, but of course, one of the sides will always complain. If the criminals get something new, the cops will complain as well, that's for sure. So basically both sides have to deal with it and that's it.

It would be cool to do a small change that instead of triggering an arrest, you 'killing' a wanted player would make him use the /injured anim and will be able to move very slowly towards another jailbreaker/bank robber (anyone familar with MTA PUBG will know what I'm refering to) in order get revived which should take around 8 seconds. Officers may then arrest the player with nightstick if he remains in injured state.

This gives a chance for crims and balances it out a little more as it would require cops to still run for the target.

Med kits could be placed in banks (in the room where the armory is located) and likewise for jail in the office part (near cells keypad)

@tut-greco said in kill-arrest:

It would be cool to do a small change that instead of triggering an arrest, you 'killing' a wanted player would make him use the /injured anim and will be able to move very slowly towards another jailbreaker/bank robber (anyone familar with MTA PUBG will know what I'm refering to) in order get revived which should take around 8 seconds. Officers may then arrest the player with nightstick if he remains in injured state.

This gives a chance for crims and balances it out a little more as it would require cops to still run for the target.

Med kits could be placed in banks (in the room where the armory is located) and likewise for jail in the office part (near cells keypad)

yeah we can make the player injured by changing the walking style and make med kits as pickups or even create some shaders for medkits bags and place some colshapes would be great and the more important it will be more realistic because thats what happens when someone gets shot
I want to add that although jb/br kill arrest system is not accepted from criminal side but it stays fun (for some) the jail yesterday looked like a TDM, the only unconvient is the realistic part in that.

but selling arms/drugs while being JBed is realistic

about that i have a better suggestion, because getting out of red door with all the package of weapons you have is not typically right but unrealistic at all, indeed we can change the system so you get you weapons when you leave the jail immediatly and (you can buy some weapons inside the jail when you get from reddoor.

I don't get why people call kill-arrest unrealistic while even gta is not an unrealistic game. Why no one complains of unrealistic things when a medic easily revives a guy that has been shooted by 50 bullets. Why no one says that is unrealistic, or when a person argues with an "experienced" player is called retarded, or someone word that has ultimate power is a great solution no matter what it does. There are crash accidents but you can repair the car at a small amount of time, and you can run like nothing happened. Even normal arrest system is unrealistic you get hit by a nightstick and teleport in jail, no court etc... What is unrealistic is that people complain that something isnt realistic in a unrealistic game. Just because they cant get used with it or cant handle it so if a person cant inhernt his will to somebody else it means that the other person isn't "capable". I think that kill arrest is fun and I think it balances s bit things but if you can shoot faster anyway crims can get jbed again and that makes the game more fun for me not "unrealistic".