BR issue

Adistar

Question

With the amount of official gangs nowadays it is hard to find an available bank to rob, leading to less fun gameplay. This needs to be looked at. I added a poll where people can vote on the best solution to this issue. You can vote on more options as the final solution could be a mix of the options. Also if you have another idea then suggest it here so I may add it to the poll. Hope this gets solved ASAP

EDIT: ...I am sorry but either I don't know how to update the poll or there is no feature for it. So forget about suggesting other ideas lol

I'm not a fan of the 'add more banks' approach. That would only increase the amount of bankrobs being done by one, maybe two BRs per cooldown cycle, while increasing the amount of confusion when checking which banks are available and which ones aren't. The max BR/day reduction is the least favoured by the community, because people, in their selfishness, don't want to give up that 1 BR. Adding more banks or reducing cooldowns works best for them, because they don't have to give up on anything, while getting something in return.

You have to consider the fact that there's more and more new gangs becoming official, wanting to rob banks of their own to fill the quota for their next level application, while there's also the old and settled gangs that also want to rob banks themselves, If you add more banks or decrease the cooldown, you're effectively increasing the total amount of BRs happening, but you're also turning the entire gameplay into a BR fest. Whether it's good or bad is a personal preference. I for instance, like to do long BR trains with one gang robbing after another. But if the whole gameplay revolves around it, it will soon become boring. And let's not forget about the copside - do you guys really want to try and stop BRs 24/7? And and then on top of that is the issue of cops sometimes staying AFK while using a cop spawn, essentially allowing gangs to rob banks while there's little to no one left to respond.

As for the teamchat part, I wish it was that easy. But let's be real - in a team of, say, 80 people, there is no way to come up with an agreement that everyone will accept. In fact, the whole idea of having bankrob queues is a way to solve the problem via teamchat. but as you can see, it simply doesn't work as well as it should. There will always be gangs arguing whose turn it is now. Gangs secretly regrouping with their allies while another gang is regrouping with teamchat callouts, only to rob a bank independently, sometimes taking the only bank that is available, effectively undercutting the ones that started their regroup publically. And even if you do have an agreement, there will be people trying to break it.

In fact, I might as well use the same argument when discussing how cops usually are unable to communicate and stop a BR from happening. Can't you guys just communicate through teamchat? You know, get like 8 or 10 cops together, regroup, and then raid a BR? No, you can't, because there's always people who disagree or simply couldn't care less. Out of those 80 people in the criminal team I mentioned earlier, usually only 30-40 show up to a BR regroup. I'd imagine a similar percentage of cops would show up to a copside regroup, statistically speaking.

The problem isn't just about some kids disagreeing in teamchat. It's about the fact that there are more and more new gangs, while the amount of banks available stays the same, and banks are being robbed by the same people over and over again, leaving nothing for the others. And when you get a bunch of gangs creating circle jerks and making queues between eachother, often before there are even banks able to rob, no amount of discussion in teamchat is going to help you.

Sorry about the wall of text.
TL;DR
People don't want to communicate via teamchat. You can't get them to come to an agreement. Adding more banks is not the best idea. Decreasing cooldown might not be good either. More new gangs, everyone wants their piece of the cake. Less is more.

@kikas I think theres a misunderstanding hence why I said I don't see it being added. I actually meant that a gang can rob any bank after their own cooldown. Banks being able or not are gang-dependent.

F.e gang A could have robbed LS earlier so they cannot rob any bank till cooldown is over, but gang B does not have any cooldown at the moment so they can rob LS right after. That gang A robbed LS does not affect the availability of a bank, what does is the gang-dependent cooldown. This could even be further expanded with that a gang can rob a particular bank once a day, with a max of 3 different banks that can be robbed a day. Also there could be a general cooldown on a bank that is much smaller than the current cooldown, maybe one hour or smth. This way we keep the 3 banks for fun purposes, everyone can fill their quota, and with the general small cooldown you wont see a br ar the same bank right after. Will keep the server gameplay flowing aswell