Restricted freelook noclip camera mode

Dawis67

Question

Hi.
Taking screenshots is pretty important to me in this server, and i try my best to get cool angles and scenery when taking my screens, but sometimes i feel like it would allow me to be way more creative with it if i had a freelook camera that can move anywhere. Sort of like in the map creator.

My suggestion is as follows: add a camera mode, activated by a command (perhaps /freelook), that would allow you to freely move around the map, zoom in close, or go far back, sort of like the one in map creator. While in this camera mode you cannot move your character. Also i assume somebody will try to use it to gain advantage at certain events ingame, so maybe block the feature in close vicinity to banks when a BR is happening, etc. Maybe add a restriction to how far out can you go with the camera from your character.

This would allow for more creativity with roleplays and screenshots.

Edit: In retrospect of the comments, its clear some people have reasonable doubts about this system, so i will add some solutions.

One problem is clearly the potential to abuse the system. Also a fact is that not everybody would feel like they want the complexity of such system so not everybody needs this. So a potential solution is to restrict this feature to a group of interested individual that have applied to have access, and in the process have been briefed about the terms of usage and punishment for breaking these rules. In case somebody abuses the system, they can be tracked down more easily.

Also obvious restrictions to usage areas would need to be implemented. Such as blocking the usage of the system anywhere near an ongoing bank-robbery or event. LWS and other event groups can be given a command to block the feature in the event dimension.

18 answers to this question

@franklin said in Freelook noclip camera mode:

-1, this won't work out well, f.e when crims want to BR they will just do /freelook and look around the banks etc to see if there are any cops nearby, it can't be done imo.

Well i said disable in banks when br is happening with the radius of max freelook camera distance. that way you cannot use it in BR or any other event where such camera would give unfair advantage. Also i think it would be enough to have freelook camera some

Like this:
https://prnt.sc/xx4ps1

@liyones123 said in Freelook noclip camera mode:

-1, this won't work out well, f.e when crims want to BR they will just do /freelook and look around the banks etc to see if there are any cops nearby, it can't be done imo.

you can see the nearby cops even in the GPS with blue blips .

That's just not the same lol, they wouldn't only be able to see cops around them but around the banks aswell, read what I said again before u comment

@dawis67 said in Freelook noclip camera mode:

Well i said disable in banks when br is happening with the radius of max freelook camera distance. that way you cannot use it in BR or any other event where such camera would give unfair advantage

If you make a max radius that could work ye but I think it could still be abused in some ways, dunno.. except if its a really tiny radius which doesn't let you go out of your POV, but it could still be used for corner peeking

It could have been cool but unfortunately not in our community, Franklin already pointed out a reason which most likely will happen once we add such a thing as freelook, needless to say, that it can be abused in many other ways, so yeah it's not worth the time of making the script and so the time of dealing with those who'll abuse the script.

The suggestion itself comes with good intentions but no matter how much precaution is taken, this will still be abused, and getting in front of it is nearly impossible. Using the 3rd person camera that the original game provides should be enough (I understand that for someone who wants excellent pictures, in some cases it'll be very hard or nearly impossible to take them). Let alone I doubt this could be scripted.

@liyones123 said in Freelook noclip camera mode:

@Franklin it can be disabled in bank by devs somehow , it won't be done exactly as he suggested it , ofc the devs will make some changes.

Yes, it can be disabled in the bank, but it can still be used by checking if cops are outside the bank, and that's only one example, even if they lowered the radius it would've still be abused with corner peeking etc, there's no way to prevent it, that's just how this community works.

@durby said in Freelook noclip camera mode:

The suggestion itself comes with good intentions but no matter how much precaution is taken, this will still be abused, and getting in front of it is nearly impossible. Using the 3rd person camera that the original game provides should be enough (I understand that for someone who wants excellent pictures, in some cases it'll be very hard or nearly impossible to take them). Let alone I doubt this could be scripted.

+1

@Liyones123 As far as I know SaS has its own server (With special filming tools/scripts) where they filming videos in very high quality and in a way it can't be done via RPG server.

Here's a video by SaS to be used as an example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C50KvZg2pk&t=1s&ab_channel=M.D.L.RM.D.L.ROfficialArtistChannel

@element said in Freelook noclip camera mode:

@Liyones123 As far as I know SaS has its own server (With special filming tools/scripts) where they filming videos in very high quality and in a way it can't be done via RPG server.

Here's a video by SaS to be used as an example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C50KvZg2pk&t=1s&ab_channel=M.D.L.RM.D.L.ROfficialArtistChannel

Well yeah , but it's not server or something , it's mod in GTA called DYOM to do those fims/videos/missions.

@daryl But dont you have to be spawned as the group member? What i would suggest is that you can use the feature as long as you have been give the permission in any spawn. So that you can take nice screen alone, while doing jobs, activities, RP or something.